Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

General Dog posted:

Timmy Chang deserves a statue if he wrings three wins out of Hawaii this year

He already deserved one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1594218609659842561?s=46&t=qUzfAWfLrL3uufT79zONwQ

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Clearly a late hit

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'll say it again: I thought Tennessee's defense would be their undoing at some point this season, but god almighty did I absolutely never expect that day to come against our piss awful offense. This is legitimately an all-time L for Tennessee and I couldn't be happier.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Oregon might be in the lead for the CG, but I might take the Beavers next week

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So if Oregon, Utah and Washington all finish 7-2, who wins the tiebreaker? UW beat Oregon who beat Utah who did not play UW. Losing to the Beavs would probably drop Oregon below UW in the rankings.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Unlike the flowchart I posted earlier said, it appears that if Cal beats UCLA, UW wins the Apple cup, and if the Beavs win the Civil War, the Huskies make the conference championship. Longshot, but a chance.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Is there an older, retread coach that has built up at least 1 program that UNLV should target soon? Tired of these young guys "learning" (losing) on the job

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Rocky Long might be too old and too set on helping with UNM to lure away, but that's the type I'm thinking of.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lessail posted:

Is there an older, retread coach that has built up at least 1 program that UNLV should target soon? Tired of these young guys "learning" (losing) on the job

Gary Patterson!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Georgia Tech has 5 wins after firing Collins and would probably have 6 if Sims didn't get hurt vs UVA. The Tech interim coach probably isnt getting the full time gig, but he's doing miracle work

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Pobrecito posted:

Fire Jeff Lebby. His Baylor Art Briles defending rear end never shoulda been hired in the first place. Here's the drive chart for OU after the first quarter:

Punt (1:03)
Punt (1:24)
Turnover (1:14)
Turnover (1:01)
Punt (1:22)
Punt (1:09)
Punt (1:13)
Punt (1:11)
Punt (1:07)
Punt (1:27)
Punt (1:18)
Punt (1:00)​

Jeff Lebby has the worst game time clock management I have ever seen. Why on earth would you keep snapping the ball with over 25 seconds left on the play clock while up 2 scores in the 4th quarter. You can't even use the keeping the offense in rhythm excuse with this performance.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I went to bed around half time in the middle slate like I normally do, nothing particularly exciting going on, late games look a wash as well

What the gently caress Tennessee lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The University of Miami Hurricanes were held under 100 yards of offense for the first time since 1965.

I remember when Josh Gattis burned all his bridges with Michigan last offseason in a very big hurry to go be the OC in Coral Gables.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

whos that broooown posted:

I don't think unions exist in the south outside of police

Cops and teachers are the only ones I’ve ever heard of around here and the latter is a goddamn joke organization. Given the sheer amount of car manufacturing around here I suspect anyone stumping for the car people would be shot on site.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Matt Campbell better fire his offensive coaching staff this off-season. The defense is doing it’s drat best to get a win and the offense can’t put the ball in the loving endzone. Campbell passing on two FG opportunities to go for it on 4th didn’t help either.

Maybe this lovely season will finally get him to make some changes.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

News: Apparently at some point this week, UGA said that they were just gunna run the dang ball all night long and it worked until it didn't, and when it didn't it was ugly. I feel like Stetson is maybe hurt so they are limiting his throws.

Views: NIL is the best
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1593594219419308033

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

I’m hoping for the ducks that 1) the version of the defense that showed up last night is real and 2) a week of recovery time gets Bo generally back to normal

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I’m hoping for the ducks that 1) the version of the defense that showed up last night is real and 2) a week of recovery time gets Bo generally back to normal

I only watched a bit of the Oregon game but one thing I noticed is that while on defense, Lanning has them doing that super late shift that UGA does. Always seems to get a false start or two a game, and we do it all the time to switch up our blocking lanes.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Well that sucked

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Idk, it was pretty drat funny. What’s the status of Hooker? Injuries are no bueno regardless how objectively morally wrong a team is.

It warms my heart to see ol’ Bo flourishing out West almost as much as I know it burns Auburn fans. It’s a shame their coach is so likable.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Gonz posted:

The University of Miami Hurricanes were held under 100 yards of offense for the first time since 1965.

I remember when Josh Gattis burned all his bridges with Michigan last offseason in a very big hurry to go be the OC in Coral Gables.

So I saw a rumor in a few places that Gattis slept with some recruit's mom or something, is this true?

Also seeing Miami be historically awful is just amazingly LOL for anybody who regularly listens to the Lebatard show.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Virginia Tech's season has been rough, although there's some small signs of improvement and they're slightly less bad than their record indicates. At least they did not lose to literal American ISIS yesterday.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

God drat that was a good night of football. Go cocks

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Warbird posted:

Idk, it was pretty drat funny. What’s the status of Hooker? Injuries are no bueno regardless how objectively morally wrong a team is.

It warms my heart to see ol’ Bo flourishing out West almost as much as I know it burns Auburn fans. It’s a shame their coach is so likable.

No word yet but a non contact knee injury is never good. I'm ready for Joe Milton experience next week

https://youtu.be/abBK49gll94

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Richardson looks about as eager to run as Chris Leak. Not a good thing when the entire offensive scheme seems to be designed for a mobile, athletic QB who's not much of a passer.

Failing in all three phases of the football game against Vanderbilt is an indictment against the coaches rather than the players, though.

Still, nothing as brutal as what the Vols endured last night. I've been there (someone mentioned 2001 Florida) and it stings.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Jeff Lebby has the worst game time clock management I have ever seen. Why on earth would you keep snapping the ball with over 25 seconds left on the play clock while up 2 scores in the 4th quarter. You can't even use the keeping the offense in rhythm excuse with this performance.

Bad offensive coordinators suck as much at the little things as they do the big ones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

Richardson looks about as eager to run as Chris Leak. Not a good thing when the entire offensive scheme seems to be designed for a mobile, athletic QB who's not much of a passer.

Failing in all three phases of the football game against Vanderbilt is an indictment against the coaches rather than the players, though.

Still, nothing as brutal as what the Vols endured last night. I've been there (someone mentioned 2001 Florida) and it stings.

I kind of wonder if Richardson has one foot out the door and is making business decisions whenever he refuses to run.

Or maybe he’s just bad at football.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

The entire UC schools are undergoing a huge strike including a huge number of academic workers.

The workers are being represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW).

The Stanford Band making fun of Cal for that is beyond on the nose.

Was traveling and didn’t have good signal at all for furiously reloading the ESPN app for the Oregon score late. Can’t believe we won a rock fight, but good to get Utah back after last year.

Also lol congrats Tennessee for taking the worst L of the contending teams this year. Oregon getting blown up by UGA is no longer the worst car crash by a team with 10 win aspirations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bird in a Blender posted:

Matt Campbell better fire his offensive coaching staff this off-season. The defense is doing it’s drat best to get a win and the offense can’t put the ball in the loving endzone. Campbell passing on two FG opportunities to go for it on 4th didn’t help either.

Maybe this lovely season will finally get him to make some changes.

Does he have a son he could put in charge of the offense?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I still don’t understand the complete shittiness of a Tennessee defense who has been at least average for several weeks. They played really well against Kentucky! To let an offense that stinks do that, I just can’t wrap my mind around it. Is something going on in the locker room? The whole team just looked completely disinterested from the get go and I don’t understand why when you have so much to play for. They just laid down.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, if a two loss program does make the playoffs, it ain’t gonna be Tennessee.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
yeah I mean losing Hooker is bad and all but giving up 63 points to SCAR is a totally different issue

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I kind of wonder if Richardson has one foot out the door and is making business decisions whenever he refuses to run.

Or maybe he’s just bad at football.

He seems to be acutely conscious of how anything affects his value other than his performance on the field.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I still don’t understand the complete shittiness of a Tennessee defense who has been at least average for several weeks. They played really well against Kentucky! To let an offense that stinks do that, I just can’t wrap my mind around it. Is something going on in the locker room? The whole team just looked completely disinterested from the get go and I don’t understand why when you have so much to play for. They just laid down.

sometimes people are just shook, op

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ehud posted:

sometimes people are just shook, op

There’s been rumors that our starting LB Banks who didn’t play last night was fighting players in practice, Hooker being one of them. Which is why I ask if there was something else going on last night with the defense because ‘shook’ still does not explain that performance.

Edit: also no clue if that rumor is true, so take it with a grain of salt of course

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 20, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Soul Glo posted:

I do have an annoying football acquaintance who is a Kentucky/Colts fan, so I am really living the spite dream this year, though, at both levels.

As a Kentucky/Colts fan it has been a really disappointing football year, so enjoy the schadenfreude I guess.

Kentucky actually played Georgia better than I thought they would, though this series does have a recent history of being low scoring slugfests. Defense held them to 3 red zone field goals in the first half, and was able to get the ball back late within striking distance. The offense blew way too many opportunities though, which is par for the course this year. Another red zone turnover, another long snap that lead to a missed field goal.

Of all the losses this year, Tennessee was really the only game they were never really in it. Every other loss there were chances to win at or near the end of the game and it was self-inflicted mistakes that cost just about every one.

What really annoys me this year is Tennessee is having the kind of dream season Kentucky fans were hyping themselves up for at the beginning of the year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There’s been rumors that our starting LB Banks who didn’t play last night was fighting players in practice, Hooker being one of them. Which is why I ask if there was something else going on last night with the defense because ‘shook’ still does not explain that performance.

I just got told the same thing funny enough except that it was Banks specifically getting after Hooker for shooting an NIL commercial.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Banks is a good player but he’s a drat moron and should be lucky to still be on the team. Why’s he starting fights with a nerd like Hooker?

What’s stopping him from getting an NIL deal? I don’t get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Who's going to sponsor our defense? The colander company?