Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/DudeYouCrazy/status/1594143987928952833

https://twitter.com/SmallYetTall/status/1594179465219014656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Troy and USA are both 9 and loving 2 and not ranked.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol Auburn pulling the hackiest move of all, running their best joke again to see if it still gets laughs

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/lane-kiffin-auburn-kiffin-makes-pine-box-comment-in-latest-press-conference

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Auburn is a top 10ish job in all of CFB, Ole Miss is top 15-30.

EHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OK so it made me think and I guess it's not quite as insane as it first seemed, I looked at the list and thought of 13 better (these are in no order because gently caress that level of argument)

Alabama
USC
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Texas
Texas A&M
Clemson

If Auburn's booster base wasn't so insanely toxic and their administration so ineffectual, they'd probably jump half these schools. Top 15 right now seems about right for Auburn.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I pondered Florida State but they have really fell in a hole the past five years. You have a point about Texas, but the insane money pushes it slightly past Auburn. Bama is as likely a bad idea as it was to follow Osborne at Nebraska, but you can still Switzer your way into a title or two after being given the keys to that machine. Plus $$$.

LSU boosters are lovely but unlike Auburn, they can actually stay the gently caress out of the way for as long as wins keep coming. Oregon and A&M are essentially unlimited cash machines, enough so in Oregon's case to outweigh their geographic weakness. I think nothing program-wise is standing in Michigan's way from being as good as Ohio State except poor coaching hires.

Penn State is probably the job I'd put right next to Auburn as far as attractiveness, the problem not so much being boosters (unless you're an abused child trying to earn justice) as playing both Ohio State and Michigan, at least until whatever weird loving schedule the conference makes when USC and UCLA join

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I guess I don’t understand what went so wrong with Sumlin. He was doing fantastic at the start, but his career has turned to poo poo ever since. What was his problem?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sash! posted:

Also Penn State is a fantastic job for two reasons: 1) Pennsylvanians are the most pessimistic people on Earth, which tempers expectations and 2) genetic predisposition to sticking with a football coach indefinitely.

Also they’ll literally riot in the streets if you’re fired

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sash! posted:

If you're under 40, you barely even care about some dead coach.

I went through a version of this with an Alabama fan, talking about how Alabama fans under the age of 20 literally can't remember the last bad season so they have no frame of reference for mediocre late 90s/early 00s Bama. And are completely unable to cope with a down Bama season.

People old enough to know better aren't dealing it with much better.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Speaking of which does anyone think Ferentz will actually fire his kid

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sash! posted:

One of the rumors I've long heard was if Penn State had lost to Michigan State in 2004, that was the end of the line. It would have been back to back 3-9 seasons. It is one thing to have high expectations, but if you're an all time top ten team, that's unacceptable. It isn't firing a guy over a 7-5 year.

I mean, they tried to fire him and he literally said no I think I'll stay

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I need everyone in here to root for Troy to lose, because I’ll be at the USA game and won’t have the psychic energy to spare

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I’m just angry that this bush league regional rivalry is now going to feature in all the rivalry week listicles

Cuz Harvey Updyke ain’t walking through that door

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I remember when I was looking at postgrad schools and deciding between the MBA and MPA, considering I was going to probably stay in government the rest of my life.

I didn't hear a single complementary thing about MPAs in comparison. So I went MBA.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

NIL was worth it if only so Dacoldest Crawford could make an ad for an HVAC company.

Shame that Peerless Price came along a generation too early

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Trying to imagine meeting a Rutgers fan in real life

I dont even know where Rutgers fuckin is

wasn't there a Rutgers superfan that used to post in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I should state that I have an absolutely goldfish memory for individual posters and their backgrounds, which is why I was a terrible mod