Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Anyone here live in the dmv!? Help:chaostrump::chaostrump::chaostrump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i live just south of the DMV and I'm constantly terrified that they'll hammer us with artillery and crude ballistic missiles.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I look both ways and admire the booming systems through traffic.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Did you make an appointment online op?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I live in the DMV OP. The vending machines have a good selection of foods and there is always some nice people to hit on and they can't escape because they will lose their place in line. It's pretty sweet.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I was there recently and it went pretty smoothly for me. Others, maybe not so much, since I overheard some lady who didn't know the language so well just devastated by the guy because she didn't have evidence of address after waiting who knows how long. I guess she had a few envelopes but they had different addresses on them or something, not sure.

And just sitting around was what seemed to be a homeless vet who was asking the folks waiting for their number to be called for money. It seemed like he didn't even have a number, he was just hanging out there with his suit case and begging cup. Not sure if he had some arrangement with the workers there but it was kinda strange.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I live in the DMV, but I can't figure out what sort of help you need based on your post. Did you lose your chaos emeralds on the metro or something? Because I think the lost and found is at L'Enfant.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vulture posted:

I do.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vulture posted:

what state?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

i live just south of the DMV and I'm constantly terrified that they'll hammer us with artillery and crude ballistic missiles.

they don't give the DMV such weapon, but you are right to be afraid of them

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Where I live the dmv is always empty and as long as u have all the poo poo they ask u to bring, it takes 20 min tops for everything except maybe taking the actual license test.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
poo poo quote not edit someone make it harder to pick the wrong one in the ap!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Preoptopus posted:

Where I live the dmv is always empty and as long as u have all the poo poo they ask u to bring, it takes 20 min tops for everything except maybe taking the actual license test.

you have done well to feed the beast.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you have done well to feed the beast.

Where I used to live ud show up half hour before they opened at 8am and get in line behind 30 people who were already there. Ud be lucky to get out by 10. And they were cash only until about 5 years ago. So I've paid my dues.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*slaps the drink outta your hand*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Preoptopus posted:

Where I used to live ud show up half hour before they opened at 8am and get in line behind 30 people who were already there. Ud be lucky to get out by 10. And they were cash only until about 5 years ago. So I've paid my dues.

jesus, I have about 6 within a 30 minute drive. Its like a 20-30 minute wait.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
more like thc or whatever primus said

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

unknown butthole posted:

more like thc or whatever primus said

winona had a big brown beaver?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQee_ZBzZI

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I lived in the DMV for just over 3 years. Alas, about half of that time was during COVID and so I wasn't able to fully enjoy the place. I did learn to appreciate Go-Go music, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbWkJ3BvTU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the opening crawl of that video egregiously misused the em dash. i just can't abide such fuckery.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Dc metro area I mean guys. More 10 dollars are needed for something awful.

Go nighthawks and yay silver line

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

And mask up guys. Taxation without representation is NO BUENO

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

one of my cars is a honda fit. that little fucker owns.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Vulture posted:

Dc metro area I mean guys. More 10 dollars are needed for something awful.

Go nighthawks and yay silver line

For the entire 3 years I lived in the DMV, that silver line extension was always 6 months away from being finished. They finally opened it a year after I moved away. I'm tempted to fly in to Dulles sometime next year purely so I can hop on the Metro and ride directly into the city. I've still got $18 on my metro card (commemorating the 2018 All-Star game), and keep getting promotional emails from Gifted Curators...

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

For the entire 3 years I lived in the DMV, that silver line extension was always 6 months away from being finished. They finally opened it a year after I moved away. I'm tempted to fly in to Dulles sometime next year purely so I can hop on the Metro and ride directly into the city. I've still got $18 on my metro card (commemorating the 2018 All-Star game), and keep getting promotional emails from Gifted Curators...

Time for taxation with representation!

Thanks for the recommendation. Only tried some special mysterious DC gummies from friends.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Nvm

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What about states that call them RMV instead of DMV? Wild stuff, needlessly confusing if you ask me.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What about states that call them RMV instead of DMV? Wild stuff, needlessly confusing if you ask me.

Never heard of such a thing. Sounds made up. Liar. LIAR

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Just Kidding

DC STATEHOOD NOW

Btw Im repping the 202 yo

Vulture fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 20, 2022

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Buce posted:

one of my cars is a honda fit. that little fucker owns.

Do British people find that car name funny? Like it sounds like a sexy car you want to gently caress or something.

I looked it up and of course, they call it the Honda Jazz over there.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Do British people find that car name funny? Like it sounds like a sexy car you want to gently caress or something.

That avatar isnt funny. Go back to 4chan or ROOT FOR DC STATEHOOD!

Jk jk

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=QlYdj64WqUQ&feature=share

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

She a DC resident

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Hello? Face punch says hi Something Awful.

[ hey5000 ]

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Sup mods and the admin

THIS IS THE MOTHA TRUCKING DC STATEHOOD THREAD.

Lets go democrats and republicans!!!

You have lost your right to be taxed with representation

BAM

Kurt Cobain night baby

wammo blammo!!!

Sorry jk jk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
now now. Everyone calm down. Vulture has something to say.
I'm pretty sure it is important and well researched.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

Just that here in DC we want taxation WITH representation for the machinists out here! Please keep the 10 bucks train rolling my platinum niggas

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Edmund Sparkler posted:

oh, dont be mistaken. I want to gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vulture posted:

Just that here in DC we want taxation WITH representation for the machinists out here! Please keep the 10 bucks train rolling my platinum niggas

I can't actually argue against that. Good Job Vulture