Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Max, his smile fake
Jos, when the belt struck

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tomorrow we will finally be released from the curse that is the offseason thread.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

spaceblancmange posted:

good luck to everyone* in the 2023 formula one season, may it be the best yet

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bloody Pom posted:

Max, his smile fake
Jos, when the belt struck

The car clashed
Maximilian and Ricardo at Baku

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

The car clashed
Maximilian and Ricardo at Baku

lewis and max
when the car flew

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
did someone make a fantasy league yet? i skipped a bunch of posts :ohdear:

also, who is doing the next OP?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pragmatica posted:

did someone make a fantasy league yet? i skipped a bunch of posts :ohdear:

also, who is doing the next OP?

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Wow, we went from Papaya Boys fandom to dunked on in like 2 years. Scud boys deserve a WDC, Sainz or sharl; don’t care who. My favorite teams look good. Can’t wait to see the absolute poo poo show.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

My office looks over Albert Park and it's delightful watching the gradual construction of the stands etc. I'm excited.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

marshalljim posted:

This was supposed to be McLaren's year, but they couldn't even make it to the first GP without disappointing everyone.

technically P10 is on the podium in binary

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Residency Evil posted:

Agreed. I don't understand how anyone can dislike DTS for:

1. Actually bringing new people in to the sport beyond dumb neckbeards.
2. Making an awful and boring F1 season somewhat interesting.

Because we're <1 week away from 75% of us either missing the races completely and/or posting about how we fell asleep on the couch after 15 minutes.

MustardFacial posted:

The thing most of the F1 idiots don't realize is that DTS isn't for us. It's a show made for the lowest common denominator to distill a boring sport into it's interesting components. We can put DTS on blast all we want for getting minute details wrong, but we're not the audience for it.

F1 reaches a much wider audience than any other motorsport and thus the marketing opportunities have much more impact. F1 also has a history of catering more towards the affluent audiences which is a space everyone wants to be in. We seeing more people wanting in now because the cost cap makes running an actual team at least somewhat viable.

DTS is just plain inaccurate in what little they show of the races, and I don't feel it's too much to ask for a little accuracy, even when it's targeted at the casual fan. I can't think of any other sport that behaves like this. With basketball for example, even for a casual fan who only watches highlights on ESPN SportsCenter, you never see them going, "here's LeBron James with the buzzer-beating 3 pointer," and then they show a clip of LeBron scoring a 3 pointer earlier in the game when the score was 25-22. With the NFL, they never say, "here's Tom Brady's game-winning touchdown in overtime," and it's a touchdown from early in the first quarter. I don't know why Drive To Survive tries to pull this poo poo, it's not that difficult to not lie to your audience.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

rpop posted:

DTS is just plain inaccurate in what little they show of the races, and I don't feel it's too much to ask for a little accuracy, even when it's targeted at the casual fan. I can't think of any other sport that behaves like this. With basketball for example, even for a casual fan who only watches highlights on ESPN SportsCenter, you never see them going, "here's LeBron James with the buzzer-beating 3 pointer," and then they show a clip of LeBron scoring a 3 pointer earlier in the game when the score was 25-22. With the NFL, they never say, "here's Tom Brady's game-winning touchdown in overtime," and it's a touchdown from early in the first quarter. I don't know why Drive To Survive tries to pull this poo poo, it's not that difficult to not lie to your audience.

SportsCenter is sports journalism. Drive to Survive is some kind of entertainment focused reality show. This is like complaining that 80 for Brady doesn't do an accurate job of explaining whatever Super Bowl it's about.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It looks like Netflix has DTS equivalents for both golf and tennis this year so it would be interesting to compare their accuracy.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The tennis ones whole first hour is a rehabilitation piece for noted piece of poo poo Nick Kyrgios.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Khablam posted:

- covers self with orange

Zak Brown for president

Zak Brown is a Max fan.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Everyone is a Max fan except people ITT committed to their posting kayfabe of hating Max because it's a bit.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1631221229330857985

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

No, it isn't nice to have you back Lance

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1631230365061767168

cheeky fabregas

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

It's obvious that this is a doppelganger and the real Lance has used it as an excuse to go surfing. We'll know this is true because the doppelganger will qualify higher than Lance would.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

had to look up this word but i agree. max is the best.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i will not be watching gormula 1,

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'll be enjoying practice, qualifying, and the grand prix race while cheering on McLaren in the midfield and Charles, Carlos, and Lewis at the front of the pack while jeering at the perfidious dutchman!

I think it's gonna be fun OP and I look forward unironically to Brundle bumbling through a gridwalk and Crofty saying things that only confuse the action as he mixes up drivers names, numbers, and teams.

I can't wait!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

What he calls racing anyway, bless

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
This season will be even more boring than last season.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

technically P10 is on the podium in binary

That’s hopeful

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

someone gave this blind tifosi the wrong shirt what a terrible prank

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

That’s hopeful

P11 would also be on the podium in binary if that helps

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If McLaren have points after the first two races that will be a miracle

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

mclaren are going to win the constructors. lando WDC

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

that’s nathan fielder

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Just in time for this years first STR-Odium

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

the milk machine posted:

that’s nathan fielder

Next season of The Rehearsal in F1 is gonna be great

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

is the water in miami gonna be real this time lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Glad Stroll's WDC bid isn't going to get spoiled by an injury.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

is the water in miami gonna be real this time lol

with all the money in F1 and Miami, like just build a giant pool. That would be absurd and be the definition of the excess of F1. Throw some bumper boats in there, get some lifeguards that look like they stepped off the set of Baywatch, go to town.

Painted plywood is loving babytown frolics, gtfo.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

with all the money in F1 and Miami, like just build a giant pool. That would be absurd and be the definition of the excess of F1. Throw some bumper boats in there, get some lifeguards that look like they stepped off the set of Baywatch, go to town.

Painted plywood is loving babytown frolics, gtfo.

Guy from the Vegas F1 planning is furiously scribbling down notes on what to do in Bellagio's fountain.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Oh no! I picked Stroll for the fantasy league on the assumption that he’d be outperformed by whoever they decided to run as his replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

that’s nathan fielder

His championship points are just out of shot