Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Chinatown posted:

i seriously look down on people who hate seafood i mean lmao an absolute incredible self own

I live in Atlantic Canada and I can literally see the ocean from my house. During fishing season you can buy fresh, as in caught that day, seafood from fishermen selling their wares from the back of their pickup truck in a gas station parking lot. We are world-famous for our lobster and Malpeque oysters.

I really don't like seafood. I'm fine with a boiled lobster once or twice a year, and haddock, but anything really briny or fishy can gently caress right off. Salmon? Gross. Oysters? Never tried them because fishy snot can gently caress right off.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I can just imagine what a mess barfing up 36 oysters would make. and the smell!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Haverchuck posted:

Speaking of stabbing don't try to use a paring knife to shuck em or youre gonna feel real fuckin stupid on the way to the emergency room! PSA!

I know someone who has a chain mail glove and a homemade jig (board + nails) for holding the oyster.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
meateor

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Do you swish them around and squeeze them between your teeth? Gargle them?