Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
my uncle ate 155 oysters in winning an eating competition a few weeks ago. I think that's a lot of oyster, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah I definitely chew up oysters. The most I’ve ever eaten was 3 dozen at once and I could easily have done triple that. I love them raw in the shell or on a saltine with either hot or cocktail sauce

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

BigBadSteve posted:

:wtfdude: are they always eaten raw, or do more civilised people eat them cooked?

You can eat them cooked if you’re a giant baby who can’t eat real food, sure

Baked oysters with cheese and stuff are also tasty

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
if you want a great dirty oyster raw bar, try this place if you're ever in the florida panhandle. they have the best grouper and shrimp as well

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hole-in-the-wall-seafood-apalachicola

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I worked with a guy who was on the show Monsters Inside Me because he got a flesh eating disease in his arm from eating dodgy oysters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

The worst part is the little grain of sand (or broken shell?) that seems to be in every single one, without fail. Absolutely nasty, like if I told you it were impossible to make eggs without eating a tiny bit of the shell every time.

This is one of the best parts of eating an oyster imo you know it’s a real good one when you get the little shell piece.