Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Historically yes, and they want you to do wife swapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wasn't actually joking about wife swapping btw, john dee famously got off his tits in a trance and claimed to have received the angelic language with which the world was created in visions and also ended up convinced by his alchemist mate that angels demanded they shag each other's wives.

Also apparently if you decode everything he wrote he reckoned it would end the world or something. Weird fella.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How exactly does one support the argument that angels don't exist?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No I'm asking sincerely, if asserting that they aren't real is an unsupported argument then I would like to know how the moderation thinks it should be supported? I would concur that I do not think it needs to be in much the same way that I do not think the position that unicorns aren't real needs to be supported.