Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Surprised there wasn't a thread already, or I'm blind.

Ecuador has defeated Qatar 2-0, mashallah
Iran was defeated by England, 6-2, pour one put for our Persian brothers
Tie between the U.S. Wales 1-1, inshallah Iran will finish what the Welsh started next month
Sad day for the world's bones as MBS has defeated Argentina 2-1

Pyf streams from Twitter.

Performative hooting and hollering for the humiliation of the Global North and Qatar's monument to slavery go below

Just a Moron has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BkYKwHLXiU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

:peanut:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The only world cup that matters to me is the world cup of posting.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

2 Girls World Cup

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
world cup my balls

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

In 40 years I will be on my deathbed, still mad at that stupid VAR decision to hop off the first Ecuador goal

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

liquor up front, soccer in the rear

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

reminder that FIFA had a choice between Qatar and Australia and they went with Qatar, so on the one hand the slave labour but on the other hand it would have been Australia if Qatar hadn't stood up and bribed FIFA

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

reminder that FIFA had a choice between Qatar and Australia and they went with Qatar, so on the one hand the slave labour but on the other hand it would have been Australia if Qatar hadn't stood up and bribed FIFA

I'm hoping Greece, Egypt & Saudi Arabia beat the challenges of Israel, Bahrain & UAE and South Korea, China & North Korea to host the 2030 World Cup.

(They are all confirmed or rumoured to be making a bid)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

forkboy84 posted:

I'm hoping Greece, Egypt & Saudi Arabia beat the challenges of Israel, Bahrain & UAE and South Korea, China & North Korea to host the 2030 World Cup.

(They are all confirmed or rumoured to be making a bid)

a Greek World Cup would be amazingly bad, players suffocating on air full of wood smoke because Greeks can't afford heating oil

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Filthy Hans posted:

a Greek World Cup would be amazingly bad, players suffocating on air full of wood smoke because Greeks can't afford heating oil

They can strip out the remaining copper wire for some bribes or something, it isn’t so bad. There is still room for the population to suffer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm assuming that's why Saudi Arabia are in on the bid, they help Greece pay the costs.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

this broadcast has abbreviated Iran to IRN, this is bullshit, I want England vs IRA

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
i bet there's threads for this in the sports forum

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

glad there is a thread to post about the fifa world cup presented by qatar and sponsored by visa but leftistishly unlike the sportsball forum full of chuds.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

fuutbawl

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

*blows vuvuzela @ u*

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

croup coughfield posted:

An Apple A Gay posted:

*blows vuvuzela @ u*

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

i respect the hustle of simply lying about selling alcohol and then trapping bbc sports journalists in the desert with no water

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hifi posted:

glad there is a thread to post about the fifa world cup presented by qatar and sponsored by visa but leftistishly unlike the sportsball forum full of chuds.

this but unironically

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Pour one out for our brave Iranian boys

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Just a Moron posted:

Pour one out for our brave Iranian boys

pouring out a bottle of water in front of the BBC journalists

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

world, cup my balls with your mouth

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

World Cuck

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

croup coughfield posted:

Surprisingly not

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
whens the ligma vs sugma match?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Politically charged matchups:
USA vs Iran on Nov. 29.
Pretty obvious why

Switzerland vs Serbia on Dec. 2.
Switzerland has a Albanian Kosovar players, and the match last World Cup ended up with fines when they threw up an Albanian eagle hand sign. Serbia lost the match and this rematch could be wild. Probably the match most likely to lead to actual conflict?

Mexico vs Poland on Nov. 21
Only really interesting in Chicago which has big communities of both nationalities
https://twitter.com/ctoner/status/1594730583497867264?s=20&t=FbPHHG4HUjJx1DGiji7DLA

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

goal

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Is Wales a colony

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

The Oldest Man posted:

i respect the hustle of simply lying about selling alcohol and then trapping bbc sports journalists in the desert with no water

that was extremely cool of them, agreed

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

These Welshmen play dirty, I like it

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

I missed what this was about, got a link?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Just a Moron posted:

I missed what this was about, got a link?

fifa brought on budweiser as the main sponsor and then banned beer in and near the stadiums at the government's suggestion, then set up a fyre festival type event for concerts and didn't provide water

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/Simpsons_tweets/status/1594768767048994816

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Nov 21, 2022

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

GOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

i say swears online posted:

fifa brought on budweiser as the main sponsor and then banned beer in and near the stadiums at the government's suggestion, then set up a fyre festival type event for concerts and didn't provide water

Amazing, ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

that leg contact looked nasty