Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Zimmerman will be unavailable for the next match after being thrown in Qatari prison for fouling an old man from behind

But seriously folks what an awful unforgivably stupid foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
i will breathe in the salt from usa vs england like im huffing uranium god drat

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Yank here. First time watching soccer. Just wondering why the USA players did not shoot the Wales players with a gun as is our custom

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The USA made their big mistake. It'll be England's turn next. Everyone will be excited for the game but it will actually suck rear end and end in a draw that gives us nothing but things to bitch about, just like this World Cup.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Aggro posted:

Zimmerman will be unavailable for the next match after being thrown in Qatari prison for fouling an old man from behind

MLS defender of the year

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Crazy Ted posted:

The USA made their big mistake. It'll be England's turn next. Everyone will be excited for the game but it will actually suck rear end and end in a draw that gives us nothing but things to bitch about, just like this World Cup.

so perfection?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

abuse culture. posted:

Yank here. First time watching soccer. Just wondering why the USA players did not shoot the Wales players with a gun as is our custom

Us soccer does not get to recruit from the real alpha yanks. It's all the little boys who had to have their sisters take them to prom

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Us soccer does not get to recruit from the real alpha yanks. It's all the little boys who had to have their sisters take them to prom

:hmmyes:

All the real athletes in the U.S. grow out of soccer into football, basketball, or god forbid baseball

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

abuse culture. posted:

Naivety. If you want gun-related violence in your football games you need to learn from the pros down in South America.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

NotJustANumber99 posted:

how'd you get your middle school aged sister in there?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

:hmmyes:

All the real athletes in the U.S. grow out of soccer into football, basketball, or god forbid baseball
baseball for the rich ones, basketball and football for the rest

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Frankston posted:

Tom Jones

Catherine Zeta Jones

The woman from Catatonia

Fireman Sam

john cale

donovan

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Shameful clothing choices on both coaches. T- and sweatshirts? At least wear a jacket.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

bawfuls posted:

We're gonna lose the baseball world classic again this coming spring, lol.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Yeah like youth soccer in the US isn't a racket and a money sink

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

bad_fmr posted:

Shameful clothing choices on both coaches. T- and sweatshirts? At least wear a jacket.

The US coach had some sick Jordan 4s on.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

abuse culture. posted:

there's a rule that if you shoot first, you get shot at with even bigger guns

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah like youth soccer in the US isn't a racket and a money sink

There are race and class issues in US soccer too.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/the-privilege-of-play-why-the-worlds-game-is-a-white-game-in-the-us-150024228.html

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

It's ok because they have some kind of a lizard or alligator on their flag

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm used to rooting for a stacked team that finds new ways to underperform come tournament time

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Aggro posted:

It was seriously bad

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

abuse culture. posted:

Firearms are only allowed from semi-finals on

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah but that wouldn't be surprising at all given Japan won the first two (the 2009 final was really fun).

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lmao at coming back from the gym to 1014 new posts about a bad game

but ukrainiwouldhavewon.mp4.gif

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

bawfuls posted:

I'm used to rooting for a stacked team that finds new ways to underperform come tournament time

Belgium plays on wednesday op

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

barnold posted:

USA 7 - 1 England. print the shirts

Great environment for the US frankly. About as good as you can get short of an actual home game. The day after thanksgiving. The Yanks will be fueled up on turkey and potatoes and thinking of home. They'll see the Boss Baby balloon at the Macy's Parade and remember what they're playing for. They'll probably dedicate a goal or two to some young fans who got crushed to death in a Walmart.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

He is Scottish.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

well i'll be.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

abelwingnut posted:

well i'll be.

You'll be what? Haha

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
4 games a day, every day for the next two weeks :blessed:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

stab posted:

Belgium plays on wednesday op
i am a baseball poster so these references go right over my head

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

bawfuls posted:

he meant to say "blegum" play on wednesday

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

fridge corn posted:

You'll be what? Haha

Haha classic

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Belgium is what the Yankees would be if mcmagic’s idea of the Yankees was reality

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

abuse culture. posted:

Belgium is what the Yankees would be if mcmagic’s idea of the Yankees was reality
so, the Dodgers then

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

bawfuls posted:

so, the Dodgers then

do you turn on the television every year to hear people talk about how the dodgers have the best team to hit the most balls and you should definitely bet money you can't afford to lose on them, and then they hit zero balls and their pants also fall down while they're swinging?

also are the dodgers objectively the worst country on a continent that has both italy and portugal on it

because then yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also are the dodgers objectively the worst country on a continent that has both italy and portugal on it

Would take any of the three over the netherlands tbh

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FullLeatherJacket posted:

do you turn on the television every year to hear people talk about how the dodgers have the best team to hit the most balls and you should definitely bet money you can't afford to lose on them, and then they hit zero balls and their pants also fall down while they're swinging?

because then yes

this all checks out yeah

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Top tip for Americans: if you try really hard, it is actually possible to understand a thing purely on its own qualities and merits, rather than comparing it to an American thing that already exists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I'm sorry I don't understand. Can somebody explain this to me in terms of cowboy hats?