Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
T h a n k s g i v i n g
This poll is closed.
Thanksgiving! 13 48.15%
thnksgiving... 14 51.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
America Thanksgiving time! America

turkeys eaten. (cooked first! stuffed? perhap.)

here is the place Thanksgiving tips of whatever level of sincerity you are feeling.

racist uncle. Dry Bird. jejuneness of pumpkin pie. mashed potato lumps? also gravies. cucurbits. parsely sage... time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Malcolm Reed has got us covered.
https://youtu.be/cMICLUbPU1s

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

turkey is a meat for idiots & jerks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

remind everyone at dinner that we're all on stolen land

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
buncha garbage dishes no one eats the other 364 days for good reason

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
dont poop in the mashed potatoes

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sucks to not be able to produce a moist turkey (aka your mom)

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Thanksgiving loving rules and yall need to get better families and learn to cook a god drat turkey without drying it out and also sweet potato casseroles made with pecans (gently caress marshmellows) rules but you can take your lovely green bean casserole right to the dumpster where it belongs eat poo poo Thanksgiving haters! gently caress cranberries.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Make sure your turkey is fully frozen before dropping it in the fryer. Also, make sure the gas is turned all the way up and you have an awning above you to prevent tragedy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

handy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hub Dirt posted:

i was prepared to trust this man but

wet brine

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

fishing with the fam posted:

Thanksgiving loving rules and yall need to get better families and learn to cook a god drat turkey without drying it out and also sweet potato casseroles made with pecans (gently caress marshmellows) rules but you can take your lovely green bean casserole right to the dumpster where it belongs eat poo poo Thanksgiving haters! gently caress cranberries.

yes; ok; yes; ok; maybe; ok; what

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Remember to get drunk and loudly discuss politics.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
sit alone and have a tombstone pizza and 3/4 bottle of brandy to attain the festive spirit

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Give grandma a handful of edibles and tell her they are gummy bears.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Waltzing Along posted:

Remember to get drunk and loudly discuss politics.

this actually works really well for my family (not sarcastic)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm always tryna juke my way out of thanksgiving. Half my family considers me to be a drug kingpin and like to flip out the big gotchas at Thanksgiving

"YOU KNOW WCG THE NEW MARIJUANAS is deadlier the. Fentanyl!! Hah got em"

Turkey in a traeger tho 👏

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hub Dirt posted:

OK I watched the whole thing.

I implicitly trust* this guy's girth, beard, accent.

I'm thinking a "dry brine" (just salt the bird a day in advance), no other seasoning bc they don't actually penetrate the surface (molecules are too large (this is real))

BBQ, but during the frying portion use Alton Brown's frying derrick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O14bgW8xmqk

for real. frying a turkey is even more dangerous than it is delicious (and it's quite delicious)

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Empty Sandwich posted:

i was prepared to trust this man but

wet brine

Wet brine is THE answer for those of us who aren't as culinarily (is that a word?) adept. Just buy a grocery store brine kit and bathe the THAWED bird for at least twelve hours. Ensure complete coverage. Rinse well, stick a thermometer into the thicc breast and cook at 325F until it hits 165F. Remove from oven, let sit for at least half an hour before serving. Stupid easy, you don't have to worry about basting, what side goes up, burning down your house, stuffing, weight to cooking time ratios; none of that. I've tried all other non-bbq / non-frying methods and it is hands down the best. Throw in a few extra sprigs of rosemary for extra goodness.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Save money by having a PB&J instead of turkey

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

neato burrito posted:

Wet brine is THE answer for those of us who aren't as culinarily (is that a word?) adept. Just buy a grocery store brine kit and bathe the THAWED bird for at least twelve hours. Ensure complete coverage. Rinse well, stick a thermometer into the thicc breast and cook at 325F until it hits 165F. Remove from oven, let sit for at least half an hour before serving. Stupid easy, you don't have to worry about basting, what side goes up, burning down your house, stuffing, weight to cooking time ratios; none of that. I've tried all other non-bbq / non-frying methods and it is hands down the best. Throw in a few extra sprigs of rosemary for extra goodness.

dang this makes sense

ohnobugs posted:

Save money by having a PB&J instead of turkey

dang!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

green bean casserole is an important reminder of the kind of crap people had to eat during the great depression. chew it solemnly and let its horrible sliminess remind you of how fortunate you are.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thanksgiving is done and there's hella snow. wtf. christmas decorations are already up

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Smoke the turkey. With weed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Eat your loving meal silent like a drat coward.

SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
gently caress, I love stuffing.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
You could also spatchcock and grill your bird like ol Troy, ha ha
https://youtu.be/Iz2NYx4_HPw

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

Eat your loving meal silent like a drat coward.

SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU

Uh huh-whuhhuhufffwuck lol whuvavava youhuvva? *laughs and talks with mouthful of turkey strands poking out of teeth, moist stuffing on tongue, gravy on chin and shirt, cranberry salad squeezing from cheeks to corners of mouth* “yougowta ammit vo, shefuvgga bluvgvaa sooooooo gufwooofio”. :jerky:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hub Dirt posted:

not the malcon reed i was expecting. not enough faith of the heart

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thanksgiving cheat codes

1. Don't volunteer to make anything

2. Don't provide any food

3. Eat your fill and leave before hugs occur

4. Bring a present for a dog so you have a reason to take off from any conversation to go see if the dog is playing with it

5. Bring the loudest dog you can and definitely feed him human food before the event.

6. Blame the fat people for the noxious gasses your dog is excreting.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

cum

just drink cum, just straight up drink it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Toxic Mental posted:

cum

just drink cum, just straight up drink it
They call me John Wayne Gravy

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

funnel gravy in yaor rear end in a top hat

Edit: take pics

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm always tryna juke my way out of thanksgiving. Half my family considers me to be a drug kingpin and like to flip out the big gotchas at Thanksgiving

"YOU KNOW WCG THE NEW MARIJUANAS is deadlier the. Fentanyl!! Hah got em"

Turkey in a traeger tho 👏

Is it because you say things like tryna juke?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Gonna spatchcock and dry brine my turkey. Rub compound butter under the skin. Season with some Lawry’s and pepper, and smoke it at 275 on my Weber Smokey Mountain.

I always think the real stars if the show are the antipasto and my mom’s special Sunday gravy.

Everyone’s always full before the turkey comes out anyway, so no pressure.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
a turkey cooked well is awesome but a ham for the holidays is the best

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Gonna spatchcock and dry brine my turkey. Rub compound butter under the skin. Season with some Lawry’s and pepper, and smoke it at 275 on my Weber Smokey Mountain.

:hmmyes:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

last month, for thanksgiving, i made beef bourguignon because i'm so done with turkey. will probably do the same for christmas. maybe a beef weelingtonbn

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Prof. Crocodile posted:

green bean casserole is an important reminder of the kind of crap people had to eat during the great depression. chew it solemnly and let its horrible sliminess remind you of how fortunate you are.

gbc a weird one bc it was invented in 1955 by Dorcas Reilly for Campbell's but you are also not wrong. I never serve that noise.

Hub Dirt posted:

You could also spatchcock and grill your bird like ol Troy, ha ha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2NYx4_HPw

I would straight-up do this if my brother hadn't already ordered a smoked turkey (I'm roasting a second turkey)