Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lonegar
Jul 13, 2006
Internet.
Riding the train.

Wishlist is in order. :911:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966638917/

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561197966638917/

EDIT: Sent Voidigo and Trombone Champ up! Enjoy!

EDIT 2: Thanks for Slasher's Keep, Terror of Hemasaurus, and The Case of the Golden Idol Bad News Panda!

Lonegar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

Alright why not, let's get one final one in.

Profile :911:
Wishlist

e: Sent up The Case of the Golden Idol, Terror of Hemasaurus and Slasher's Keep to Lonegar!

e2: And got Ghost Song from Wanderer, thanks a bunch!

Bad News Panda fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 29, 2022

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'll get one ride in before the train stops.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/tvswanderer :911:
https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/tvswanderer/

Edit: Sent up Ghost Song to Bad News Panda.
Edit2: Received Pillars of Eternity II from ephphatha. Thank you!

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 29, 2022

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

NOT A RIDE

Second page, I'm tapping out! Thanks for everyone taking part, and I'll hopefully see you in the winter train.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Took a while to notice a message, but I'm on the train now :D

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ephphatha/ :australia:
https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/ephphatha/ (not overly well sorted)

Edit: Just realised the time difference, think the caboose might be a bit too late for this sale train unfortunately. I'll try catch wanderer next time.

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 29, 2022

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
May I suggest that instead of "buy a game, get a game", it will be just a "post wishlist, get gift"? We just be locking out the poorer members here.

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a billionaire super spy and part-time supermodel.

Gun Jam posted:

May I suggest that instead of "buy a game, get a game", it will be just a "post wishlist, get gift"? We just be locking out the poorer members here.

NOT A RIDE

The only way the gift train is sustainable is when members hop on for a ride, they must gift first to the person above them, then someone hops on after them to gift that person. Aside from the Wheel of Trash that rolls through every now and again, there's no freebies.

Personally, I'm disabled and on a very fixed income, so it's definitely reasonable with the minimum required gift ($10 / €10 / £8.50) to ride at least once. It's not considered ok to ride over and over at minimum buy-in, though, or it just begins to game the system. We have some people in the background keeping an eye on that, because unfortunately, there are people who have taken advantage previously, which resulted in having too many good riders and first-time riders leave and never come back.

Several riders like to prepare ahead of time to stay on budget (as if that's even possible!) or make trades throughout the year to have some gifts ready for those who have the items on their wishlists. Buying bulk bundles are a slippery slope, and especially frowned upon if it's for low tier, older games. Fairly recent top tier bundle games and some recent humble choice are considered somewhat Ok when they are accompanied by an additional wishlisted gift and it's ok with the giftee.

sklurb fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 29, 2022

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's why I don't ride, I've never really had the disposable income, but I put aside a tenner or so each year for TRASH GAMES. Speaking of which, I hear an omimous creaking in the distance...

And yeah, the only way it works is if it's equal, you get, you give, otherwise it's just a begging thread.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm not riding for this sale due to budgetary restrictions, but I am budgeting in anticipation of the winter sale train.

Thanks for always running conduction the train, Nettle Soup!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I don't do much, but do send me a message via steam or discord! (in fact, anyone who sends me a message right now might get a very special prize!)

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Thank you Nettle Soup for Necromunda: Hired Gun, through a nice short narrative complete with art. :glomp:

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I've been spit on, rained on, bled out, and set aflame by the Wheel of Trash! When the smoked cleared, all I was left with was a copy of Mother Russia Bleeds.

Thanks Nettles!

....and thanks for running an Autumn Sale Train! It was short and sweet. A nice bonus Train!

sklurb fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 29, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

sklurb posted:

Aside from the Wheel of Trash that rolls through every now and again, there's no freebies.
I'd just like to point out that Gun Jam did, in fact, give out freebies (and great ones too!). But yeah, it's unlikely to be sustainable for a lot of us and it kind of doubles down on the goon's popularity factor where some posters take a lot longer to get responded to than known (and generous) gifters. I guess there's always going to be people gaming the system.

Thanks for the train as always, if if it caught be a bit off-guard. Will definitely be seeing you folks in the Winter one, though!

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 29, 2022

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Got visited by that spooky Wheel of Trash this time! Still reeling at such an ominous experience.

Thanks everyone involved!

sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

I'd just like to point out that Gun Jam did, in fact, give out freebies (and great ones too!). But yeah, it's unlikely to be sustainable for a lot of us and it kind of doubles down on the goon's popularity factor where some posters take a lot longer to get responded to than known (and generous) gifters. I guess there's always going to be people gaming the system.

Thanks for the train as always, if if it caught be a bit off-guard. Will definitely be seeing you folks in the Winter one, though!

There's always the Steam gifting and contests thread: you wouldn't lurk a movie... with quite a few freebies, code dumps, and Steamgifts.com Goon group postings and public giveaways.

I just meant that there generally aren't freebies specifically in the Gift Trains aside from the Wheel of Trash. A couple years ago, I posted some Steamgifts.com GA's in our train threads, but haven't done so recently due to some complications. Being able to post a personal wishlist in a separate thread specifically for just posting wishlists might work. I mean we've had several threads in the past for linking to personal referral codes and stuff like that too.

sklurb fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 29, 2022

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Wow, I'm sorry I missed this, work's been a binch during peak so far.

I'll always return for the winter choo choo however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Real late here but thanks as usual Nettle!