Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tristeham posted:

canada should have had at least one more pens

No, not really. They should have had a red card though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Moktaro posted:

Lol at this Barbie Girl on Fox gushing about how beautiful it is in Doha, git tae gently caress.

Fox is owned by horrific human beings op

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Fox is owned by horrific human beings op

Don't be rediculous.

Rupert Murdoch is a lizard person. :colbert:

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
You could give Concacafnada a full penalty shootout against Courtois and they’d still score zero goals tbh

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Plucky Canada team this, hope they score a goal sometime

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shogi posted:

You could give Concacafnada a full penalty shootout against Courtois and they’d still score zero goals tbh

this, this!!!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

TheRat posted:

The Belgian backline didn't exist outside of Courtois

I dunno I guess I look at it as preventing chances is a group effort, when I compliment the Belgian backline it's because they cleaned up alot basically every 2nd chance oppurtunity off a rebound or deflected ball and they fouled up Canada enough that despite all the looks at the Belgium net only like.. 2 or 3 of them had any chance of troubling Courtois. To me Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dendoncker were very good when they had the chance to impact the play.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Starsfan posted:

I dunno I guess I look at it as preventing chances is a group effort, when I compliment the Belgian backline it's because they cleaned up alot basically every 2nd chance oppurtunity off a rebound or deflected ball and they fouled up Canada enough that despite all the looks at the Belgium net only like.. 2 or 3 of them had any chance of troubling Courtois. To me Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dendoncker were very good when they had the chance to impact the play.

No idea how much you watch football normally, but if a defender is making a block or a tackle or some other heroic looking thing, actual defending has gone wrong somewhere.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the thing you can credit the belgian defence for: forcing Canada into low-percentage shots by defending deep (because they are old and slow)

the thing you should not credit the belgian defence for: allowing nine billion shots in the first place

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Starsfan posted:

Once they’ve had a nice cup of cocoa and caught up on professor t they’ll be able to play again in 4 months.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Scorenada

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Canucks more like cannots because they cannot put the ball in the goal

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

[in a disappointed voice] oh, Canada *shakes head sadly*

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I mean ngl the scoreline hurts but for the first wc game in 13316 days, not gonna complain about how they played.

Now always give the penalties to David going forward like a good superstar Davies.

Also lol Estaquio clowned on De Bruyne didnt have that on my bingo card

Could have been worse *looks at Costa Rica*

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Canada will continue to fluff their chances and Belgium will nick one somewhere and win undeserving 1-0

drat you Nissin Cup Nudist!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Michy Batshuayi lol

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Moktaro posted:

Davies isn't a defender though, he just plays there for Bayern because they're so stacked they don't need a stout defender there.

Yeah he's not a PK taker either, especially when you have David who does these for Lille. It was a mistake and one we hopefully don't look back on as we exit the group.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1595538697260244999

cheer up kev :smith:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I mean at least he's honest

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

they had to pick someone, buddy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think Courtois would have been my pick

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TheRat posted:

:hmmyes:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Miller did great defensively

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TheRat posted:

always

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Total Meatlove posted:

This should be familiar no.

Not anymore the days of Darren Mackie are long gone

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
i went to bed at halftime in germany v japan, did i miss anything

1500 posts from overnight that i'm not gunna read

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

webmeister posted:

i went to bed at halftime in germany v japan, did i miss anything

1500 posts from overnight that i'm not gunna read

nothing at all

stab
Feb 12, 2003

CONCACAF through 4 games

0 wins
2 draws
2 losses

1 GF
9 GA

CONCACAF forever

Edit: Canada had more shots on target and on goal than all of their 1986 campaign lol

Edit2: its actually 9 ga lmao

stab fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 24, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

stab posted:

CONCACAF through 4 games

0 wins
2 draws
2 losses

1 GF
8 GA

CONCACAF forever

Edit: Canada had more shots on target and on goal than all of their 1986 campaign lol

UEFA supremacy

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

stab posted:

CONCACAF through 4 games

0 wins
2 draws
2 losses

1 GF
8 GA

CONCACAF forever

now these are advanced stats

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Total Meatlove posted:

Once they’ve had a nice cup of cocoa and caught up on professor t they’ll be able to play again in 4 months.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looking forward to ronald getting owned today