Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

is that normal to have a man lying horizontal behind the free kick wall to protect against the wall jumping on a fake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Nice open game this. Morocco look decent

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TDepressionEarl posted:

is that normal to have a man lying horizontal behind the free kick wall to protect against the wall jumping on a fake?

reasonably common yeah

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TDepressionEarl posted:

Ronaldinho traumatised an entire generation of coaches

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

TDepressionEarl posted:

Semi normal

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Good man

Also Lovren still exists so always potential for lols

I'll have you know that Dejan Lovren is one of the best defenders in the world*

*Proceeds to lose every major final he's in immediately

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TDepressionEarl posted:

yes, its called the draught excluder

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

TDepressionEarl posted:

no he was just tired and needed a little lie down

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That was out lino

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
will never not laugh at players wearing the gimp masks

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bardeh posted:

Don't kinkshame, ban queued

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Wonder why some of Morocco’s squad might have been born outside of Morocco Clive :iiam:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Croatia escaping so many cards right now

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bardeh posted:

It's because they bite and need a muzzle.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
phwoar sick dribble there a thing almost happened

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Croatians are just kicking the poo poo out of the Moroccans lmao

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
finally something happened

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
This game kinda sux. Maroccans look good but the Croatians look bored and poo poo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

phwoar what a stop

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A game so boring they only added 2 minutes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Vlasic could have had a pen there imo, big handful of shirt

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Croatia look better. Modric will be missed if this be his swan song.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

Croatia look better. Modric will be missed if this be his swan song.

Modric should have been on like 1.5 yellow cards already, dude doesn't go anywhere without grabbing someone's shirt to hold on to

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

TheRat posted:

Modric should have been on like 1.5 yellow cards already, dude doesn't go anywhere without grabbing someone's shirt to hold on to

oh there's holding on every play. gotta keep attackers upright or they'll sluice through the grass into the irrigation and down to the subsurface air conditioning.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Not a classic but also pretty watchable. They’re pretty evenly matched so nobody’s just straight up parking the bus

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

TDepressionEarl posted:

It's called a "draught excluder" (lol).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh whoops missed the first half, hope it was good

Morocco Croatia
Referee: Fernando RAPALLINI (ARG)
VAR: Julio Bascuñán (CHI)

CONMEBOL's #1. An interesting note, he worked at Euro 2020 - he did Ukraine - North Macedonia, Croatia - Scotland, and France - Switzerland. Think the idea behind this appointment is to keep his hands clean if things go smoothly, but he's capable enough that if the game takes an interesting turn he should be able to guide the ship home.

Germany Japan
Referee: Iván BARTON (SLV)
VAR: Mauro Vigliano (ARG)

I know a lot of folks in the referee community rate Barton fairly well in the CONCACAF pecking order, but I just have never seen it. At last year's Gold Cup, he did a single game, Canada Martinique, and that was a 9 yellow card match for him. Maybe I'm just wrong about him, but I think this may end up being a poster child of all the "that's CONCACAF" type jokes. Well, maybe it won't, but I think that will be more because of the temperament of the teams rather than anything Barton does.

Spain Costa Rica
Referee: Mohammed Abdulla Hassan MOHAMED (UAE)
VAR: Abdulla Al-Marri (QAT)

So he did France Peru in the 2018 World Cup. I dont remember anything about that game or him, but he did not have another whistle after that, so I am thinking it did not go well. He also did the playoff between New Zealand and Costa Rica to decide who came to this world cup. Again dont have specific memory about that but I have a vague memory it did not go well. So uhh.... this could be fun?

Belgium Canada
Referee: Janny SIKAZWE (ZAM)
VAR: Juan Soto (VEN)

Sikazwe had a good 2018 world cup and then a bad African Cup of Nations (he had some disagreements with VAR over a red card, think there was a dodgy penalty, then blew for full time at 85 minutes, got the error corrected, then blew for full time at 89:40 - Tunisia just said eff it and didn't bother coming back after the second time) so we'll see what we get. Seems to be a theme for today.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jippa posted:

It's called a "draught excluder" (lol).

Draft excluder if you're American and are wondering why the guy lying behind the wall is a teetotaler.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Shrapnig posted:

Draft excluder if you're American and are wondering why the guy lying behind the wall is a teetotaler.

yes i do suppose being the best footballer in your nation should exclude you from selective service

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

lmao at that moroccan guy 2 mins late coming out for the second half

10 bucks says he went for a poo poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
how is a ref that blew full time at 85 minutes at the world cup

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

how is a ref that blew full time at 85 minutes at the world cup

Emergency measure to curtail stoppage time inflation

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

okay this first few minutes has been better than the entire first half

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Goalkeepers stop getting head injuries challenge

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
remember when people thought there might be less injuries because the world cup isn't at the end of the season so players are less tired

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Lol modric fouling everyone

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That felt like a booking

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

whys morocco abbreviated MAR

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sphyre posted: