Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

poty posted:

cameroon is looking a bit stronger so far imo

much more threat when they have possession in the final third. the swiss look pretty toothless when they can't counterattack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

is "we" Portugal or Ghana here

Portugal

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

poty posted:

cameroon is looking a bit stronger so far imo

Definitely had the better chances

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Edward Mass posted:

Chicago, to be exact, so he’s used to playing in ~70,000 seat stadiums with ~15,000 people in the stands.

is he on deep dish tech because his neck appears to have a fold of fat on it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is he on deep dish tech because his neck appears to have a fold of fat on it

He's just steeped in the local culture

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the guardian live blog pointed out that this match probably sucks to watch if you're colourblind

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

webmeister posted:

Okay i think this is the emptiest I’ve seen any of the stadiums so far, looks maybe half full at best and probably less than that

what if 60% of men going to watch football live have been gay all along

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Great to see Budweiser Zero being advertised pitchside. Budweiser Zero, the king of beers

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Woof that was close

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Argh

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

cmon cameroons you don't want to be ruing these missed chances

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

great tackle

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

poty posted:

what if 60% of men going to watch football live have been gay all along

I’ve heard of the Old Firm, but this is ridiculous!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Stupid rear end booking

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So Switzerland :mcrappe: ?????

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
The US announcers (who are on their third World Cup game without seeing a single goal scored) are making GBS threads on both teams tactics. Just no attacking nous.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
:drum: :drum: :drum:

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Cameroonian Ronaldo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SirFozzie posted:

The US announcers (who are on their third World Cup game without seeing a single goal scored) are making GBS threads on both teams tactics. Just no attacking nous.

Uh? Cameroon have done very well so far. Only thing that's been lacking is sharpness in front of the goal.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cameroon could do with another attacking player getting involved when they're building play from the wide positions they keep getting 2v3ed and don't have a passing angle other than backwards

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
"every time they have a chance to push forward, they take an extra touch and the moment is lost as the defense resets, no one's making a run... everyone's standing around" type stuff.

(two english announcers, so it's not an ignorant american type thing)

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

not gonna get many better chances than that!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Bloody good chance that.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If, hypothetically, a toxx-lite thread were to be set up for tomorrows TRP derby whereby the losers got a sixer with a funny England/USA related image on their rap sheets (administered at a time when no matches are on so as not to hinder peak posting capacity) what sort of images would you, the posters, like to use

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

pretty entertaining 0-0 so far tbh

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

enjoying this game, real football

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

SirFozzie posted:

"every time they have a chance to push forward, they take an extra touch and the moment is lost as the defense resets, no one's making a run... everyone's standing around" type stuff.

(two english announcers, so it's not an ignorant american type thing)

It's not wrong but it's a bit basic. Haven't paid a lot of attention to the Swiss attack but Cameroon could do with a bit better penetration in the attacking third, they're stopping because they haven't got/found that last killer pass around the defender to get through on goal. So you've had the chances we've seen so far.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

If, hypothetically, a toxx-lite thread were to be set up for tomorrows TRP derby whereby the losers got a sixer with a funny England/USA related image on their rap sheets (administered at a time when no matches are on so as not to hinder peak posting capacity) what sort of images would you, the posters, like to use

sticksy posted:

Wonder how far back Landon's hairline must be now

Also, Never Forget these classics from their 2002 USMNT WC photo shoot

Also Brek Shea haystacks

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's not wrong but it's a bit basic. Haven't paid a lot of attention to the Swiss attack but Cameroon could do with a bit better penetration in the attacking third, they're stopping because they haven't got/found that last killer pass around the defender to get through on goal. So you've had the chances we've seen so far.

their crossing - and corners in particular - have been pretty ordinary too, lots of stuff hitting the first man or pointless lobs landing near the far edge of the 18-yard box

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

the sex ghost posted:

Beckham’s face after Rob Green slipped up the goal in the 2010 USA v England game.

It’s the greatest bitchface he’s ever pulled

e:

Schlinky fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 24, 2022

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

the sex ghost posted:

Can you embed the YouTube video of the MLS fans chanting “we will win”

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Give the yanks this

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
already fuckin sick of these two qatari kids being awestruck every fuckin ad break

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Why does it always feel like there’s 10 Swiss in midfield and gently caress all Cameroonians there

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

puchu posted:

Why does it always feel like there’s 10 Swiss in midfield and gently caress all Cameroonians there

green strips blend into green grass op

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

boooooooooooo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ooh, that one hurts a little extra for the Cameroonians

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
That… was a goal

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Awwwwwwwwww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/benshires/status/1414287628250361860?s=46&t=8fqNPEheTcvAqYosyO0E2g

https://twitter.com/tlgworldwide/status/1344917111789928449?s=46&t=8fqNPEheTcvAqYosyO0E2g

https://twitter.com/xlucykateee/status/1542127918436028423?s=46&t=8fqNPEheTcvAqYosyO0E2g