Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

poty posted:

switzerland won that somehow (it was close) and that's better than another 0-0

that serbia tie on the last day is going to be tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
bit of a shame for the good lads from the 'roon, they will have wanted to score some goals there. probably more than the swiss lads

entertaining match that just kind of petered out in the last 15 minutes though, cameroon looked absolutely gassed

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Someone yesterday talked up Belgium's defence because of the tackles and blocks they were doing. Contrast with the Swiss defence today. While Cameroon's approach play left a bit to be desired, credit to the Swiss for how they closed off the space and doubled up on the wide players.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Looking forward to the next match between the three surname team and a homophobic slur

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Glad they managed to reattach sons head in time for this tournament with no adverse effects

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
up the hwang-kims

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Glad they managed to reattach sons head in time for this tournament with no adverse effects

We all love Son.

-Things luvd has never heard

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refs for remaining game cause I slept through the first game where it looks like the second Argentine ref did fine. This will also be short from kiddo being sick and also today is mostly known quantities.

Uruguay South Korea
Referee: Clément TURPIN (FRA)
VAR: Jérôme Brisard (FRA)

We all know Turpin right? Worked the last World Cup, did the 2021 Europa league final, did this last summers champions league final. My only surprise here is that this is his first match, I figured he would have the opener. Should be straight forward.

Portugal Ghana
Referee: Ismail ELFATH (USA)
VAR: Armando Villarreal (USA)

Lol MLS and all that, but FIFA love this guy and how the MLS uses VAR. Big appointment for the American. Should be fine.

Brazil Serbia
Referee: Alireza FAGHANI (IRN)
VAR: Abdullah Al-Marri (QAT)

I thought Faghani was a little hard done by in the last World Cup, if memory serves correctly. He did Germany Mexico and Serbia Brazil (how funny) in the group stages and then France Argentina in the round of 16 and was, IMO, excellent all around, and then rather than a semi final got the third place game. He did this four years ago and did good with it as best as I can remember so hopefully he does well here again.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
apparently Expected Hwangs (eWh) for Corea is different today but who really gives a gently caress this early

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's a lot of fraud up top

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They really pick out pudgy unshaven 40 year old dudes who basically look like Homer Simpson for the Uruguay crowd shots

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

paddyboat posted:

up the hwang-kims

I appreciate all Kims in back

Lemon
May 22, 2003

when was the last time Suarez bit someone?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
How is the rest of the SK team? I know Kim the defender.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fox abbreviated all of the korean names to initials in the tactical lineup so the formation just looks like alphabet soup. What the actual gently caress of a decision

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

First minute and both teams already look really up for this. Look at that press!!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Diego Alonso is an FM regen

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ahem. Poonez.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
suarez looking hungry here

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

can both teams keep this pace? cause this is some good poo poo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Two very good kits on display

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Korea gonna suffer like the US did with Son playing the role of Christian ‘every dead ball will be poo poo’ Pulisic

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

can both teams keep this pace? cause this is some good poo poo
Yeah I’d fuckin love it if every game was 90 minutes of this gegenpressing poo poo.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

really fiesty play from korea, despite how bad all their individual plays look they're doing ok

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Vegetable posted:

Yeah I’d fuckin love it if every game was 90 minutes of this gegenpressing poo poo.

:agreed:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
kudos to son for going full-batman

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

today we get knee to balls

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the south koreans are pretty thin do you even lift bro(s)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

poty posted:

the south koreans are pretty thin do you even lift bro(s)

Watching BTS videos in the other tab?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

paddyboat posted:

kudos to son for going full-batman

wanna know how i got these scars?

*suarez sweats nervously*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suarez is out for a bit of Kim-cheek

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I just realised how stupid I was saying "kim in defence", they are all kims.

Kim min Jae is the lad I have watched.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

how the gently caress did he miss that

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Where is Muslera, I swear Uruguay has never played without him in my lifetime

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

today we get knee to balls

it's simple, we, uh, kill the batman

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Should have been a goal, dire miss there

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

one of these long balls is going to turn into something for uruguay soon

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

end to end stuff this

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Much more entertaining than the previous match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Loving the crowd shots