Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah it's the worst of the 4/5/6 trilogy but it's not the port's fault

It's like they were designing it to be non-linear but forgot to put more than one thing to do at a time in that middle section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

6 is also really fuckin long lol, like it feels longer thn 7 and 7 is a long fuckin game. and hell the ds added a postgame

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I didn't play 7 until the 3ds port and got so annoyed by the ending sections that I bought and played through Bravely Default before going back to finish it. LONG rear end game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dude the psx version was even longer lol, they cut out like 10 hours of pure chaff. my clear file ws over 100 hours back in the day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did a PSX run with post game grinding to destroy God just a year or so ago and yeah it was like 150 hours by the end. I think I like psx more than the remake though, it looks really great. The job gains are insanely slow tho

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I liked the cast of 6 while I was playing but Lizzie’s the only one that really sticks in my mind now that I’m done with it.

Just realized as I was typing this that party chat would be new for the remake so that probably helped flesh out the characters a lot more than in the original. Again they’re still not incredible but they’re likable enough and have some good party chat moments.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i remember getting class levels was really long and grindy, so i was hoping they'd streamlined it a bit or trimmed the requirements down, and theres a postgame now too? holy poo poo

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

That Little Demon posted:

funny thing computers, as I see you've started your YOSPOS career in earnest

i post everywhere

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nice lunch posted:

i post everywhere

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nice lunch posted:

i post everywhere

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

nice lunch posted:

i post everywhere

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

extremebuff posted:

it wont outsell call of duty, so whats the point? im gonna go slam the oven shut on my head a few hundred times - square exec

storming the square execs office with my dq demands

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/dragon-quest-iii-in-hd-2d-development-progressing-quite-steadily-says-yuji-horii

Brief interview with Yuji Horii where he says that the Dragon Quest III remake development is “progressing quite steadily.” It’s not a lot but I think it’s all we’ve gotten since it was announced lol.

Apparently he’s also giving a lot of advice on the remake too so if they need to make any kind of changes they can do it in a way that fits with the spirit and intention of the original, which is cool. Hope we get more news soon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Infinity Strash next week hoiyyyyype!!

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Infinity Strash next week hoiyyyyype!!

everytime i watch gameplay im confused as to what the game even is. a single player arena battler? tales of arise-style combat?? idk

----------------

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

May I have your attention please: I have started replaying Dragon Quest VII, just as I promised/threatened to. It's the 3DS version because that's more comfortable to play in bed. That is all, thank you.

...but is it art?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao why does he look like he just got electrocuted trying to capture the home alone kid

----------------

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

In Dragon Quest 3 every item shop in the overworld sells chimera wings despite the fact that the chimera enemies can only be fought the dark world after you jump into that hole that opens up only after you defeat Baramos. How were they procuring all those chimera wings without chimeras?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tony quidtana posted:

In Dragon Quest 3 every item shop in the overworld sells chimera wings despite the fact that the chimera enemies can only be fought the dark world after you jump into that hole that opens up only after you defeat Baramos. How were they procuring all those chimera wings without chimeras?

Because you touch yourself at night

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tony quidtana posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This guy is epic.

tony quidtana posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

absolutely anything posted:

3 ppl who have never posted in the thread and possibly the entire imp zone prior to now appear to post and emptyquote an extremely fail photoshop all within a minute of each other. some bizarre attempt to "make it"? who can say

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

tony quidtana posted:

Dragon quest 3 is set many many years after Dragon Quest 11 in which Chimera's were common place. The chimera wings are simply massively stockpiled from the time in which Chimeras were everywhere just like how oil is the remnants of dead dinosaurs. No doubt the world of Dragon Quest 3 was due for an energy crisis until the hole to the dark world opens up.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

They lower big fishing rods down small sinkholes, mines, chasms etc that catch careless passing chimeras and pull their wings up. Simple.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Where are these begangtagged weirdos coming from.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

chimera wings are like buffalo wings

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

After 91 leisurely hours in Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS), I beat God in 40 turns, which I think is not bad for a first try. I think this is where I exit the ride. It is a masterpiece.

...but is it art?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

started another dq3 switch file. once you get over the ugly nonsprites youre still playing the ideal jrpg.

love the trick the game pulls when you solve the first few quests and open up that cave, treasure chest in your face w the world map in it, and you see youve just completed a baby tutorial island surrounded by continents

bog standard hero, warrior, mage, priest. beating stuff up and leveling FTMFW

----------------

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i went into a coma again so they would release the DQ3 remake and it still isn't out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

has to be a from-the-ground-up total remake and I hope that means the skill nexus from dq11 and other modern dq stuff. then again its square and they could just be having a dev mutiny because the project lead was trying to make it an idol game or something

----------------