Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
when you disembark on the continent from the first game and the overworld music changes to the first game's?? dragon warrior ii is a masterpiece, and here's why (02:11:26)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bonaventure posted:

when you disembark on the continent from the first game and the overworld music changes to the first game's?? dragon warrior ii is a masterpiece, and here's why (02:11:26)

wait..Is that WOrm Skulls boner?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

insane anime posted:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
worm skulls bonerventure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I love it when you’ve only got one party member alive and they’re just leading a long train of coffins behind them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Perfect timing for this thread. I'm starting DQIX tonight, the only DQ except X i havent played. I can't wait to experience a new DQ game, and then jump direclty into an XI replay w/ the 2D mode stuff i never played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good soup! posted:

I only played through 5 for the first time ever a few years ago and it instantly became one of my favorite jrpgs

It's one of my favorite games ever. the adventure feel is competely untouchable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I love it when you’ve only got one party member alive and they’re just leading a long train of coffins behind them

i like the message when you take an item from the inventory of a dead party member that says you took it out of the coffin or off their corpse or w/e lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I might end up playing the PS2 version of 5 when I get there, already did the DS version years back

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I might end up playing the PS2 version of 5 when I get there, already did the DS version years back

thats on my list as well

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Killed my first metal king slime in DQ4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQIX is pretty sick so far...setting up the inn. The only annoying thing is that 90% of the game is on the lower screen but battles are in the upper screen and there's no good Wii U DS settings to make that look good. I just been living with battle animations in a little corner of 10% of the screen and swapping upper and lower when I get in a boss fight

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

If only there was some kind of device with two screens you could be playing on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I nearly just beat the final boss of DQ2 despite the garbage 2nd prince dying on turn 1. He sucks lol. Gotta sail back for another world leaf and get a couple more levels...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished it off with characters leveled 30/28/23. Crazy how much exp Gwen needs to level up but she's still way better than Eric even 5 levels lower

Great game, it was so massive compared to 1 and I really loved the music. Going to play 3 next, of course.

Had to pay this guy a visit during the ending.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

torn between playing 3 on GBC or SNES. both versions have enemy attack animations but the SNES version looks so good. I've really been enjoying playing these on 3DS though, I dunno how well an old 3ds runs SNES games

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

torn between playing 3 on GBC or SNES. both versions have enemy attack animations but the SNES version looks so good. I've really been enjoying playing these on 3DS though, I dunno how well an old 3ds runs SNES games

very well

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

teh SNES one is what i'm playing, and recommend

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished it off with characters leveled 30/28/23. Crazy how much exp Gwen needs to level up but she's still way better than Eric even 5 levels lower

Great game, it was so massive compared to 1 and I really loved the music. Going to play 3 next, of course.

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

very well

very well. got the SNES version up and running.

the intro to this game is beautiful

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Prince Conrad got murked by some sorcerers, so I had to use a chimera wing to go to town and rez him. Then I stayed at the inn and now he's sick and dying. This guy needs to suck a little less

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prince is so fail. Pretty sure when I played he also died on the final boss in like 2 turns and it didn't even matter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

he's such a joke that I think I just found official art of him in a coffin lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

That rules

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragonquest FTW.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Evil Eagle posted: