Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Eifert Posting posted:

If I'm the NFL I'm dropping the hammer on that dude though. Last thing NFL officials need is to worry about rogue players from the sidelines jumping into the game mid play.

Or fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEjh2EVLD-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eifert Posting posted:

If I'm the NFL I'm dropping the hammer on that dude though. Last thing NFL officials need is to worry about rogue players from the sidelines jumping into the game mid play.

This is covered by the palpably unfair act rule

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
DJ Reader has played Derrick Henry nine times at the professional level. He's allowed one 100 yd game in 2017 and Henry averages 51 yards a game when DJ Reader is playing defense. He normally averages over 80 yards a game, including partial games and these games against Reader.

Love me a DJ Reader.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 28, 2022

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
the eagles, who haven't been able to stop teams from running at will since jordan davis went down, will need to try and stop derrick henry this sunday

god help us all

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh no you might lose a second game

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Cavauro posted:

it's weird if you go back and look at all the years brees had like 70 to 74% completion percentage and there's a lot of them. if he could have avoided falling off on it for like 2 years longer he probably would have been considered the all-time accuracy guy without question. oh i guess he is if you don't count deshaun watson. well i don't know what i'm saying then. he didn't fall off. i was looking at it reversely and made a huge mistake by talking about text. 74% though. dang. edit my balls was hot

I understand

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

sirtommygunn posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sirtommygunn posted:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is from Barnwell's column on Russ. It's quite staggering.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35126310/can-broncos-russell-wilson-fixed-answering-10-questions-qb-future-struggles-blame-next

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's hard to believe he's been worse than Mac Jones.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's hard to believe he's been worse than Mac Jones.

He's been about as productive, just with way more opportunities

Russ: 17/38, 44.7% 86 yards. 3/1 TD/Int ratio. 5 1st downs 2 sacks. 1 rush, 3 yards, 1 TD.
Mac: 14/23, 60.9%, 71 yards. 3/1 TD/Int ratio. 6 1st downs 4 sacks. 4 rush, -1 yards, 1 TD.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Those stats can't account for how cosmically bad the sacks Jones took were.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think there's any practical purpose in comparing a dude on year two of a rookie deal versus a guy one of the more successful franchises in football absolutely mortgaged their future for. Mac Jones represents like 15% the investment for the Patriots that Russell Wilson is for the Broncos.

Someone, please, fire John Elway.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Someone, please, fire John Elway.

I mean sure, but Elway had absolutely nothing to do with the Wilson trade or contact.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It really is awesome how the whole Russ thing has turned out for the broncos especially after having Manning go there and win. I'm enjoying it.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I still can't get over the giant loving ruts on the Browns field from the guy breaking in and doing donuts inside the stadium. A true hero.

Also our last non rapist QB game being a win is bittersweet. Next week is gonna start the truly dark era of Browns football.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Toaster Beef posted:

the eagles, who haven't been able to stop teams from running at will since jordan davis went down, will need to try and stop derrick henry this sunday

god help us all

lol if you don't think AJ Brown isn't gonna get 200 yards and 3TDs in his revenge game

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sirtommygunn posted:

Losing as few games as possible should be the goal imo

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

lol if you don't think AJ Brown isn't gonna get 200 yards and 3TDs in his revenge game

I'd settle for one game where he doesn't turn the ball over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ty. this happens to a lot of people. i'll remember the only person who was graceful about it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/chris_roling/status/1597401713102622720?s=46&t=UFj2llZ5DWQYGNyvIVwc5Q

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He snapped back so immediately and violently, I was positive that was helmet-to-helmet the first time I saw that. :lol:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Deshaun Watson finishes the year with more touchdown passes than Russell Wilson I am going to laugh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think russell is really going to come on and they will both have 15

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

If Deshaun Watson finishes the year with more touchdown passes than Russell Wilson I am going to laugh

the jury is still out if Russell wilson will even finish the season with more touchdowns than bathrooms in his house

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

a neat cape posted:

Well I might chuckle but I want them both to fail in an embarrassing and miserable fashion

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

All of the games have been close but it's weird how Titans fans keep thinking the Bengals are some finesse team that can't play physical football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Well I might chuckle but I want them both to fail in an embarrassing and miserable fashion

I merely wish Russ to fail miserably in a football sense but I sincerely hope something awful happens to Watson IRL

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Russ will get to a TD/toilet differential of -1 in a close loss and will then sit out the rest of the season with a phantom shoulder injury.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I would bet money on this happening. Especially if you want to be nice and count rushing TDs.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Eifert Posting posted:

All of the games have been close but it's weird how Titans fans keep thinking the Bengals are some finesse team that can't play physical football.

its bc they are known, lately, for big explosive passing plays and that typically is a trait of a finesse team.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone saying stuff about finesse football now is probably some old guy who should be given a respectful mhm about it. you're right bubby

found out a guy who said it last week. D. Orlando Ledbetter. he kicks rear end

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 29, 2022

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Eifert Posting posted:

It isn't that they think the Bengals are finesse team, it's that every team is a finesse team compared to the antediluvian rear end Titans.

I meanwhile am a Bengals believer. Save the conference from the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm at the point I don't even care if the Dolphins get the #1 seed.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What would be funnier: Miami enters the playoffs as a #1 seed or the Jets staying as the #7 wildcard and making it to the Super Bowl?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami going in as #1 and the Jets ending up in the SB is not funny at all so I choose anything but

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cavauro posted:

someone saying stuff about finesse football now is probably some old guy who should be given a respectful mhm about it. you're right bubby
I wouldnt be able to force my mhm to be respectful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

What would be funnier: Miami enters the playoffs as a #1 seed or the Jets staying as the #7 wildcard and making it to the Super Bowl?

Yes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What did Saturday say in his post game presser about the time out thing at the end of the Colts game if anyone watched it or knows?

I can sorta maybe almost see doing what he did with a competent offense I guess, and you were better in the second half. But did you not notice the first half and that the thing your best at probably involves a moving clock with the run?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

It isn't that they think the Bengals are finesse team, it's that every team is a finesse team compared to the antediluvian rear end Titans.

I meanwhile am a Bengals believer. Save the conference from the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm at the point I don't even care if the Dolphins get the #1 seed.
The Bengals killing the Chiefs might be the only way our season doesn't end in KC again, at this rate.

Instead it can end in Miami or Cincinnati, how exciting! :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Eifert Posting posted:

its tuesday dude, will you shut the gently caress up already lol. you won by 4 against a pretty lovely Titans team, good job.