Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Quick ~10%+ 3 month gains from TUR taken off the table...

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TUR?p=TUR&.tsrc=fin-srch

I don't recommend country-specific ETFs, though. This has really been a past few weeks of profit-taking, TBH. Stick to the sexy stocks, like chips, etc, everybody is talking about...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

USA really is the best game in town.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Made a lil’ walking around money playing RXRX and SOUN volatility today. Namaste, NVDA

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

And with an ordinary options expiration date, the Tim Micro Computer saga comes to a neat and tidy end.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Not seeing much NVDA talk anymore. Concerning..

Crankit posted:

I see all this stocks discussion about cool tech and I always want to try taking a position on nvda or msft and whatever else. However every time I consider acting on one I end up thinking "nah it's already priced in" how do you guys feel out what the market has priced in?

Buy at intervals and at fixed units, e.g. $100 every week, and use an index if you can.

Ubiquitus posted:

Why has BYD fallen so much in the past year? Were they overpriced before?

Overcapacity - too much supply, not enough demand.

Man Musk fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 21, 2024

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

hosed up, emerging from this entire NVDA/SMCI mess at a handsome profit.

Anway, buying calls on 3/15 U across a spread, July Indonesia 21C EIDO, May Turkey 36C TUR

Going long on KMTUY (using Benjamin Graham filters recommended in other thread)

GramCracker posted:

so is it literally just Reddit meme bullshit or is there some slight inclination that there's some degree of fundamentals there?

e: im not going to touch this poop

Volatility is well-priced in by now. The jig is up

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

These next few weeks perhaps a flatting out of the market, where gains flow to other non-tech sectors?

(RSP up but SPY flat or down)

Man Musk fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 24, 2024

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Going long KMTUY, IMKTA, KBH, ITRN, NVDA, META, SMCI, TSM. Investing like we're already in WW3 and it's just the phony war phase.

Already have positions in AMAT and QCOM, and shedding QCOM.

For the more enterprising plays, SOXL and TSM calls. (always calls as long as people are having babies)

UnfurledSails posted:

SMCI is joining the SP500 on March 18

yea son adding some to my srs portfolio :whatup:

Man Musk fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 11, 2024

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Exercised my Haliburton 36C at a profit today. Think I spotted a hair on my chest...

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Executed a strangle on DWAC (55C 33P 29P) and made money on both legs of the trade :waycool:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

downout posted:

How did you do that? sell on the upside and the downside?

Yes, pre-meeting and then not long after

The entity being what it is will soon be DJTQ

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Super sexy antifa playing RUM earnings next week with cheap OTM calls 🤫

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

According to Benjamin Graham’s Intelligent Investor, you’ll find a good price paying < 22.5 PE ratio x Price to Book ratio.

Within the Information Technology sector, this eliminates mostly everything except for a clutch of very good Japanese companies.

Going long on Subaru FUJHY and Fujifilm FUJIY on Monday 👍

(Subaru isn’t tech but rather Consumer Discretionary. I just like the stock)

For comparison, here are some other PE x Price to Book ratios as of 3/28:

AMAT 265.2
NVDA 5,262.8
QCOM 214.8
SMCI 1,902.7
TSM 173.2

~

FUJHY 7.5
FUJIY 21.2

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

Someone tells you ratio analysis is sector agnostic walk away.

Sectors themselves are a bit arbitrary, imo. Fidelity counts Facebook as a communications company, etc.

Anyway, I'm just simplifying. Generally, you want more current assets than long-term liabilities.

Since I've been keeping track, value investing is where it @. (BG refers to the author's suggestions in my original post, and stars get extra weight)

BGD: ARLP BG* DINO* EURN GGB* KMTUY* SUZ TGNA TS* VTMX

BGE: AATC AMR AYI AZZ BCC BKE CIX CMRE* CNXN CPHC CRH CRI CRWS CSL CTSH CWCO DIT* DMLP EURN FRD* GRMN HBB IPB IOSP KFY LOGI LRCX MAS OC ODC OTTR PATK PKG PTVE RL ROST TBP TS TSM TTDKY UVV* VGR

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

VNDA finally popped enough this week that I was able to sell some calls with my poverty dollars off that turd. Whaddup, Thetaclan.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

AZZ really ripping after-hours.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

High inflation, weakening customer demand.

No way to make money in this market without an unwavering faith in the improvement of humanity’s material conditions.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I know we're all bored to tears talking about AI but is AI going to cause continued growth in markets long term? Seems like companies will get a one time boost to employee productivity/slash headcount, and that's about it?

Being an early stockholder in one of the "big three" Android manufacturers will probably be fortunate, and whoever gets the patent on AGI, but I don't see how it's going to improve wages for the bottom 50% of wage earners so that they can consume more widgets or whatever

Worst case, it could be like the 1990s where AI shows up everywhere but the productivity stats.

(The weakest of productivity stats)

An aside: I’ve been using ChatGPT where I may typically use a search engine. It ain’t bad if you can deal with 2022 data.

Man Musk fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 22, 2024

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Shopping list for this week, 4/22 🤝

Comms (1 unit): META, TGNA

Cons discr (1 unit): CPHC CRWS GRMN HBB IBP PATK RL

Info tech (1 unit): AATC CNXN CTSH LOGI LRCX NVDA TSM TTDKY

Gen. defensive (1 unit): BG DINO GGB KMTUY TS

Gen. enterprising (1 unit): CMRE FRD REPYY UVV

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

It’s going to be some days to weeks for US aid to filter through the economy. Might get worse before it gets better, ie the russkies might try to pull something.

Incredible buying opportunities in the weeks ahead. Go long to mitigate the geopolitical risk.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Yeah I've gotten about 85% success rate getting the correct, relevant answer out of ChatGPT, with the added advantage of not having to scroll through six pages of ads to find it. I think even with that 15% failure rate it's still more efficient than using the googs

My man.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Yeah I've gotten about 85% success rate getting the correct, relevant answer out of ChatGPT, with the added advantage of not having to scroll through six pages of ads to find it. I think even with that 15% failure rate it's still more efficient than using the googs

I apologize for everyone having to see my bad posts, after realizing what ChatGPT is capable of. :)

I've become so much like cocktail conversation party material on the types of regulations to opening a SEC-regulated hedge fund.

At the moment, using it to further my own finance career, as well as learn about random things like nat gas tubing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Look at that beautiful YTD chart on ATKR:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ATKR?.tsrc=fin-srch