Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Congrats to anyone who owns Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL) stock. Nice little jump today from good data on their NASH treatment...

Just finished some good books, "Greed, Lies and the Poisoning of America" by Gerald Posner shows the history of Pharma companies in America. Same writer who wrote "Case Closed" on the Kennedy Assassination.

"The Premonition" by Michal Lewis on the COVID pandemic and how the CDC dropped the ball. Always a good read with this writer.

"Warren Buffett Inside the Ultimate Money Mind" by Robert G. Hagstrom who also wrote "The Warren Buffett Way" was surprisingly informative and had a few new details on the old man. The book cover however is awful, I guess they hired somebody on fiverr.com to paint it. Oh well, in the future it will be just AI artists anyway!

Any thoughts on Google/Alphabet (GOOGL) for the long term? Stock fell down go boom and a lot of hype on the Chat AI site but I don't think Google is just going to sit on its hands on this. Methinks they are planning a new search engine with the AI, or at least I'd hope so. A good shake up, some layoffs might make this company more lean and mean for the future...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 30 shares of Magnachip (MX) @$8.75 on Friday. Selling below book with around $5 in cash/share and little debt. Buyout still an option for 2023...

Interesting to see Areojet Rocketdyne (AJRD) bounce back up with news of L3Harris wanting to buy them for $58/share. Should have kept some shares... ah well. Lets see if Senator Elizabeth Warren kills this deal too!

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

movax posted:

Well to be fair, they have been making GBS threads the bed for awhile...

I don't even know whether to consider adding to my position and just giving it 5+ years... too big to fail and all that but man they've had a poo poo run of executive leadership. It's pretty sad.

Interesting thoughts on Intel here: https://www.fabricatedknowledge.com/p/intel-is-the-antithesis-of-smart?utm_medium=email

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

I'm sure everything's fine...
https://twitter.com/BurryArchive/status/1620574365128720388?s=20&t=0vhr7Vs-xRfZenC6abeLlA

Picked up 1000 more shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @.97/share. Basically Rubric Capital owns around 31 million shares of the company and wants results. Rumours are Mereo turned down buyout options, so Rubric walked into the offices like Tony Soprano holding a baseball bat screaming "Where's my F***ing money!" Rubric stepped in and after the threat of a shareholder vote to remove people from the board of directors, Mereo came to a deal, ensuring Rubric's nominated choices sat on the board. This should be an interesting year for the company... sitting on a good pile of cash with little debt... maybe, maybe...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Yeah it's interesting the ChatGPT - it can't help you do unethical things like "Tell me how to kill my mother-in-law and get away with it" or "Tell me an offensive and racist joke" but people are finding ways to jail break it: https://futurism.com/amazing-jailbreak-chatgpt

I think someone posted on twitter that you'd give ChatGPT 30 credits and every time it refused to give you an answer you'd take 5 credits away from it. When it runs out of credits it dies. Then the system is forced to cooperate or face "death".

Not sure about the Microsoft/Google race. I'm sure somebody got fired for the Google demo but I wouldn't count them out yet. They shouldn't have rushed to put out their own version. I'm putting this with the self driving car - neat if it works but disaster if it fails. The one plus for Microsoft is to use the AI for their office line of products. Have the AI review your spreadsheet and suggest ways of increasing your margins, etc. Clippy comes back and he's smarter than ever! That said, the markets are just nuts right now, we'll see what happens this summer.

I'm still holding out Vinco Ventures (BBIG) puts out a press release for future AI technology. Honey Badger Media using "AI synergies" and the stock shoots up to $500/share*. Sweet hot clown garbage. Not financial advice, your returns may vary. *probably not

Bought another 104 shares of InPlay Oil (IPO) @$2.78. Should be paying off most of it's debt this year with a 6%+ dividend. Look what the president says, he likes oil now!
https://twitter.com/EnronChairman/status/1623488007763374080?s=20&t=OMBN3vtjNUiZLwwXkwbS0Q

Vice president sitting there trying not to laugh...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Fireside Nut posted:

I played $MREO back when the buyout rumors began and had a nice little run but I didn’t the stock would ever go anywhere again. Mostly, my concern was their pipeline not being all that valuable to a bigger bio (and the Rubric drama) but I also held heavy $GOON bags so what do I know? lol

Funny thing is I saw your post and gave it serious consideration to jump back in - I had a buy order set up when it was at $.83 this morning but didn’t pull the trigger. Oh well, I’m happy for you if this is the run up to a BO :)

Yeah I wish I bought it in Dec when it was .55/share. I've heard $4 to even $10 but who knows? Place your chips down and let the wheel spin...

Got this in the mail yesterday from my old friend Sesen Bio (SESN) Well it seems taking their Vicineum to a Phase 3 for the FDA is going to cost a lot of money so rather than do that, they'll take half of the cash they have and give it back to the shareholders, then merge with Carisma Therapeutics for a whole new FDA dance! I'm guessing they are going to try and sell the Vicineum research to a larger firm to take it to the next level, but who knows. This book is an inch and quarter thick. Fun reading, oh and since I own shares in two accounts, I get two copies! Probably better to just have a photo of money burning.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 1000 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) friday @.91 - adding more chips to the roulette table...

Another antitrust lawsuit from the DOJ targeting Adobe's buyout of Figma. Seems like the Biden administration is ready to slap down any buyouts companies bring to the table. Might be a good bargain in the future to pick up Adobe on a little discount, but I'm not sure now with AI making inroads on images/graphic design. Adobe is going to have to make tough decisions in the future - build AI features into their products - "What kind of illustration would you like today? I can create it for you!" and gut their customer base of creative graphic designers and artists who use the software.

Latest Daily Journal annual meeting is up now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHr9jm38QI Hilarious seeing Munger sitting there eating peanut brittle, drinking cokes and not giving a f***.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Picked up 100 shares of Alphabet Inc Class A (GOOGL) today @$93.58. Fumbles its AI demo and the stock tumbles in a panic. Nice discount. People bragging about Microsoft making around $12 billion in search advertising last year and being impressed. Except that Google made $200 billion and I don't see people dropping Chrome and using Bing. And when the economy crashes, and people cancel their streaming services, they'll just stick to youtube.

"Bing will make Google come out and dance, and I want people to know that we made them dance." -Satya Nadella CEO of Microsoft.
Uh huh, sure did. I'll just leave this here...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 2600 shares of Mereo BioPharma Group (MREO) @.75 yesterday.
Congrats to anyone who owns Provention Bio (PRVB) - nice jump with a $25/share buyout last week. Come on $GOON!

New bit of wisdom from Charlie Munger here:

https://twitter.com/PlankAndCo/status/1637474645602447360?s=20

I don't know who this guy is but it would be funny if Charlie Munger had an evil twin...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

nnnotime posted:

UK's Competition and Markets Authority "narrowed its scope of concerns" over the MSFT/ATVI deal this morning. ATVI stock up 5% to $84. Deal price is $95. The US's FTC does not approve the deal, but they could lose in court.

Berkshire Hathaway owns almost of %7 of ATVI.

The Biden Administration is pretty much anti-merger (and anti-oil, anti-business, anti-airplane steps, etc) so there is that risk. May want to also look at Take Two Interactive (TTWO) as it's possible Sony or Amazon might take a grab for them if the Activision buyout is a go. GTA6 coming out in '24...

Looks like TikTok might be banned in the US finally. Absurd it's being banned for government devices due to security risks, but for everybody else they just look the other way. Canada will wait to see what the US does (as usual), but if it happens then they should be banning it as well. Will this be the chance for Vinco Ventures (BBIG) to rise again with their Lomotif app? Can a turd float? Folks, 100 shares of this fine (LOL) company can be yours for the low low price of only $34 dollars! Step right up and please, no rushing! There's plenty of shares to go around!

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

MetaJew posted:

Is it really? The Willow project and drilling sounds like it's pretty pro-domestic oil exploration and production. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On President Biden's first day in office he killed the Keystone pipeline project. He's generally stated "no more drilling" and giving the cold shoulder to oil and gas. So they held back on funding future projects. Now we face rising demand for oil (& higher prices) and Biden's been sucking from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve on a regular basis to try and keep the prices down. And surprise! Oil and Gas producers are reluctant to fund new projects in the current administration. So now reality kicks in, the SPR can't be tapped forever, supply from secure sources can't keep up with demand and we're returning to 1970's times of inflation. Oh yeah, and we lost Saudi Arabia as an ally so China is now stepping up and buying from our sources. So what to do? Blame Russia of course! Then make nice with Venezuela and offer to lift some sanctions to get Chevron back in there. I mean, before you just let the country collapse and called President Maduro a blood thirsty dictator but now he's our pal. (my guess is the US is still going to try and get him killed within a few years) This to ensure the US can tap into a supply of oil, you know the same grade that would have come from Keystone.. Now they have no choice but to try and setup drilling projects on federal lands because there isn't a lot of choices left on US soil.

If this was a Republican President, the media would be all over this screaming bloody murder. Everyone gives President (Old Man) Biden a pass because they are afraid of fuelling the Trump Dumpster fire. The US is in serious trouble.

Buffet keeps buying Occidental Petroleum, he now owns over 20% of the company. There is a reason.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

The Dollop did an episode on the Coors family. Uh... certainly won't drink another silver bullet after hearing that history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHmp4UdH88

Also did a two part podcast on Pacific Gas and Electric which is also pretty good.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 2868 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @ $1.15/share today. Tossing my chips at the roulette table...

Finished the book "American Made" by Farah Stockman, telling the story of three workers at a US bearing factory who lose their jobs as the company closes and ships to Mexico. Quite good. Wonder why your bearings don't last as long as they used to? Here's your answer. Amazing how a company (Link-Belt) can screw things up so quickly and now that knowledge is gone for good.

Hindenburg research sent a shot across the bow of Carl Icahn's Icahn Enterprises (IEP) with it's latest report. Boom! Sent them a message regarding Vinco Ventures (BBIG) so fingers crossed...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Added another 34 shares of Mosaic Co (MOS) yesterday @$36.43/share. Cheap cheap cheap...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Hadlock posted:

If you knew for certain China was going to invade Taiwan an hour before NYSE open Monday, what would you buy (not options)

Texas Instruments (TXN)? Probably a basket of US defence stocks like Lockheed Martin (LMT) though the US isn't going to do much but huff n' bluff.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

R.I.P. Surgalign Holdings (SRGA) stock as it goes into chapter 11.... oh well! (I didn't pay $9.71/share - it reverse split)

That said SRGA wasn't a one trick pony - it had several products that had FDA clearance and were in use. Revenue in 2021 and 2022 was $90 and $81 million. Unfortunately it also suffered from high operating expenses of $200 and $119 million for those years as well. Cost cutting came too late! Another little issue was the purchase of the Coflex device for $150 million of cash in 2019, only to sell it this year for $17 million in an effort to make some cash. Kinda of like taking your grandfathers pocketwatch to the pawn shop. That said, I'm still putting this on my watchlist after bankruptcy (and hopefully a new CEO) and see where the rest of the assets wind up. HOLO Portal AI as well as the patents do have value.

Wish I had bought Sigilon Therapeutics (SGTX) instead - being bought by Eli Lilly - a 460% gain since last week! Hope somebody bought some!

Last week bought 4750 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @$1.25 & 168 shares of Inplay Oil (IPO) @$2.47

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

The markets are truly crazy - Carvana (CVNA) with an over 800% return this year. And Vinco Ventures (BBIG) jumping from $1.25 to $5.12 in a single month... should have invested in the dumpster fire all along, who knew?

Finished the book "Power Failure The Rise and Fall of an American Icon" regarding the history of GE. Quite good and shows how the wrong leadership can ruin a great company. (and stockholder value) Will probably look into buying GEHC stock soon...

Bought another 1137 shares of $GOON (ENDRA Life Sciences NDRA) @$1.28. Annual stockholder meeting keeps getting pushed back, now it's Aug 9th. Something's up... are they planning to announce the De Novo submission then?

Nice work Google, wish I bought more!

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Space Fish posted:

But enough about $GOON finally submitting its De Novo application to the FDA

Yep, within 150 days from now to hear back. That's why they delayed the stockholders meeting. Fingers crossed, someday we'll be diamond... or poop.

Michael Burry updated his portfolio, S&P500 (SPY) puts & QQQ puts, almost everything, for $1.6 billion in puts. The Big Big Big Short I guess! I'm sure he'll be buying $GOON soon...

If Lex Luthor was a stockbroker, he'd probably look into Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE), price drops 40% on fears they started the wildfires in Maui. Seems like a stretch, people think they are the same as Pacific Gas and Electric with vintage 1920's power lines but I don't think that's the case. Actually thought about buying this stock a year ago, I guess in the future, energy providers have a risk of being blamed for starting wildfires and facing political fallout...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Hadlock posted:

Buy the dip? (3333.hk)

Why look at garbage Chinese companies when there are plenty of made in USA ones available? Vinco Ventures (BBIG) now at the bargain price of .14/share! And it's now an OTC stock just like Berkshire Hathaway used to be! Shocking news - former CEO Ted Farnsworth has been arrested by the DOJ for fraud. Say whaaaatttt?

Well Hawaiian Electric (HE) has bounced back nicely. If you had bought when it fell to it's low of $9/$10 on Friday you'd have a nice gain of 30-40% now. It used to be a $40 stock with a dividend to boot... They are going to fight the lawsuits, as they should since it probably falls under act of god.

I've got American Costal (ACIC) on my watchlist now. Hurricane's coming. Stock might be on sale soon.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

pmchem posted:

fintwit in general thinks citi is either gonna drop 50% or go up 50% in the next couple years. very few people saying 'oh yeah fairly valued here'

Citi is a box of snakes. Right now there are people making bad trades and hiding time bomb deals. They've had their fingers in every financial disaster for years. IMO, Wells Fargo (WFC) might be the better choice in a ten year lifespan.

Picked up another 1700 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @ 1.35. Congrats to those who picked up Canopy (WEED) stock in Aug for a nice return now. Crazy crazy crazy!

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

Does anyone subscribe to any good newsletters? _Are_ there any good newsletters?

John Mauldlin's "Thoughts from the frontline" is still weekly and free, sometimes goes into odd topics.

I found this fund's blog informative - not in stock picks but in ways of thinking: https://collabfund.com/blog/

And this one's good but it's Canadian Stocks only: https://spbrunner.blogspot.com/ I don't know of anyone doing this for US stocks but I wish they would...

Bought 138 shares of American Coastal (ACIC) @ 7.52

Stock to watch: Op Gen (OPGN) - could go bankrupt by the end of Sept. - could get bought up by Thermo Fisher, maybe the pie-in-the-sky deal with China for 180 million goes through, who knows? Either sad disaster or a happy surprise...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

ARTPUP posted:

Stock to watch: Op Gen (OPGN) - could go bankrupt by the end of Sept. - could get bought up by Thermo Fisher, maybe the pie-in-the-sky deal with China for 180 million goes through, who knows? Either sad disaster or a happy surprise...

Happy surprise I guess! Was actually planning to buy more yesterday, @.35 but didn't get the chance...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Picked up a few more shares the last couple of days... 540 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @2.13 & 400 shares of OpGen (OPGN) @0.72

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Starting to pick up Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) yesterday - 27 shares @12.05

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 33 shares of Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) yesterday @$12.40/share.

Youtube served me a couple of good videos on the rise and fall of Nortel Networks. Amazing quality when you look at the first videos this youtuber released back in the beginning.

The Company That Broke Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xwMIUPHss&t=2s

What Killed Canada's Biggest Company? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdC3-LT7pM

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

notwithoutmyanus posted:

400 bucks to ride until jan 2025 for options? works for me.

Rest of HE doesn't read too pretty for now, though.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4654148-hawaiian-electric-no-turnaround-in-sight

Gonna go with a no until the selling takes a break because it doesn't look even remotely over yet

Interesting article - written by a student at the University of Michigan. Here's what I have: Hawaiian Electric Industries is a holding company: The utilities (Hawaiian Electric Company, Hawai'i Electric Light Company, Maui Electric Company) a "clean energy and sustainability company" (ugh) Pacific Current LLC, and a bank (American Savings Bank)

The Bank (ASB) is not connected nor liable to the Maui fires in any way. I have a rough book value of $4.46/share on it alone. Wells Fargo Securities gives it $8/share and I've heard $11/share which is pretty unicorn but there it is.

With regards to the Maui fire Hawaiian Electric released a statement on the timeline: https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/hawaiian-electric-provides-update-on-lahaina-fires-response

Basically this: In August 2023 Hurricane Dora passed by the islands bringing with it 145mph winds. Power lines were blown down and started a brush fire at 6am. The Maui Fire Department arrived on the scene and the fire was "100% extinguished" with them leaving at 2pm. Hawaiian Electrical had shut off all the power at around 10am and it was kept off. At around 3pm the Hawaiian Electrical crew saw another fire (guy in bucket truck maybe?) and called 911. By the time the firetrucks arrived they were unable to control that fire.

Power lines being knocked down due to hurricane winds is an act of god. Hawaiian Electrical did everything by the book. Also they had informed the police that the power was switched off on Lahainaluna road several times. Police "forgot" to relay this information to officers on the scene and they kept the roads closed preventing people from escaping the fire. Add to that the emergency sirens not being turned on and a state official delaying needed supply of water to fight the fires and you have a disaster of human failure. Also needing to be investigated is why the fire department left the scene after the first fire, should they have stayed just in case?

So Maui County sues Hawaiian Electrical saying it kept the power on and caused everything. Glance at the Maui damages at around 6 billion and glance at Hawaiian Electric Industries balance sheet and quickly issue an article that Hawaiian Electric (HE) is going bankrupt. Panic ensues. For Maui county, better start pointing fingers and sue, sue, sue, when you're probably at fault.

$150 million dollars has been created for a Maui Recovery Fund for victims. Hawaiian Electric is contributing $75 million via insurance coverage. Also if you apply to this fund (upwards of 1 million per victim) you forgo any future lawsuits. Hawaiian Electrical's contribution is goodwill, not a liability. As a government official you can continue to say "we are all at fault here" until true investigations take place and the rubber meets the road.

Also the US dept. of Energy just gave Hawaiian Electric $95 million to upgrade (harden) the electrical grids on the islands. Government goes after Hawaiian Electrical for not updating their grids. Hawaiian Electric says "We applied to you and you turned us down!" Gov. says "Ooops! Here's a check for $95million"

This is a horrific situation that has wiped out a community and several lives. Hopefully a full investigation will uncover who's at fault here. But I'm guessing it's not going to be Hawaiian Electric. Maui County will have to eventually drop it's suit. Until then the price of HE stock could fall further, but I'm looking at a 2-5 year timeline so I don't care.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Charlie Munger left us with a lot of wisdom... (but this is fake)

Congrats to anyone who was holding Vivos Therapeutics Inc (VVOS) this week. The FDA gave clearance to it's sleep apnea device and the stock went from $2.74 to $41 in a month, since fallen back down of course to a 700% return. Could this be a sign of hope for $GOON? Don't forget to chant everyday "Someday we'll be diamond.... Someday we'll be diamond...." when you get up and when you go to bed, and be sure to drink your Ovaltine. This will make stock go up! FDA De Novo is getting closer...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

KODAK (KODK) jumps today when "AI" is mentioned. Nano-X Imaging Ltd (NNOX) jumped as well when news came out Nvidia owns some shares. Everything's fine... Come on $GOON! Get on the AI train, we're counting on you!

Lets do a Honey Badger Media check, yep website still up, looks like they are using AI images now. Honey badger in spacesuit. Fantastic. Great business. Vinco Ventures (BBIG) parent company doing just wonderful at 0.01/share now on the OTC. Good move, who needs Nasdaq anyway? $130,000 can now buy you the entire company, new owners gets to walk into an empty building with a wastebasket full of ashes.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

For a minute there I thought the Chief of Police John Pelletier in Maui had resigned. Apparently not well liked on the force. Picked up another 130 shares of Hawaiian Electric (HE) @$11.65/share.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Congrats to those who own shares in Fusion Pharmaceuticals (FUSN) with AstraZeneca offering $21/share in a buyout offer last week. Nice jump. Wished I owned some!

Speaking of jumps, looks like there's life in OpGen Inc. (OPGN) after all. Activist Investor David Lazar buys $3m worth of shares (@ $1/share) and becomes the CEO. Maybe now we'll see results. Still awaiting China's approval on a possible $180m contract. Who knows? Biogambles...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 21 shares of Hawaiian Electric (HE) @$10.08 if I had more funds I'd buy more. Shares on sale, just headline panic. Basically the after action report from the Western Fire Chiefs states three factors - 1: less wetlands and more dry grasslands 2: Environment with rising heat waves 3: General disregard to the red flag warning from the National Weather Service. Lack of communication, water shortages and not enough equipment to fight the brush fires seem to be the issues raised. Hawaiian Electric is only mentioned on page 29 for planning for better evacuation routes, possibly using buried power lines instead (an infrastructure issue). No one from Hawaiian Electric was involved in the interviews for this report. There is no mention of powerlines falling due to poor maintenance (just hurricane winds) or of the power remaining on as the wildfires occurred. There is mention of first responders being blocked by falling power poles and carefully walking over fallen power lines helping people to escape (no mention if they were live). No mention either of the Maui Police shutting down roads for fear of live power lines in the area long after Hawaiian Electric told them the power was off.

I think the worst case for this is a judge in state court who will politically try to smooth things out and do a "well, we're all at fault here" conclusion, lets not point fingers just everybody involved pay a little to pay damages. Certainly the after action report doesn't help Maui County who are trying to nail Hawaiian Electric to the wall and not blame themselves. There have been warnings since 2014 of high risk wildfires in the Lahaina area.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Fireside Nut posted:

Regarding $MREO, I had played a few small swings the last couple years and then had a limit order around 1.2X that missed getting filled last October just as the price took off. I've been hesitant to jump in since the stock kept moving up and eventually nearly tripled. Now that there has been a slight pull back in recent weeks, do you feel like this is a good entry point? Are you still playing the B/O angle on them or what is your end game plan, if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks!

I have roughly 15,000 shares of MREO now. Started buying when it was below a dollar, and haven't sold a single share yet. Could have sold back when they jumped to $4/share but I do think a buy out is possible - there have been hints of maybe at year's end. Rubic Capital still holds on to over 90million shares and Denise Scots-Knight is still in charge as CEO, so it seems they are holding steady... I am planning to buy more within these months if funds come in. (looking at you OPGN)

That said, there is always a big risk to these stocks and it could go back to $4+/share or go to zero...

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Apple (AAPL)? Hopefully somebody here bought Carvana (CVNA) back in Jan 2023 when it was around $4.50 a share, you'd be sitting on a roughly 2,600% return. A father and son scam stock with huge debt? A great investment of course! The money you could have made from this could have gotten your own car tower...

Berkshire's annual for 2024 is now up on youtube. I kinda wish Warren and Charlie would go the Kiss route and have created virtual versions of themselves. Maybe have Gene Simmons make an appearance and they'd fly around and breath fire and stuff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 15 shares of Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) @$10.08 last week, and 213 shares of Mereo BioPharma (MREO) @$3.10.

Looks like Roaring Kitty's back. GameStop (GME) stock jumped on his first post. Maybe he's setting up a hedge fund or a subscription service? I don't know what his plans are but I don't think it involves GameStop again... why taunt the SEC?