Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Another day, another 52 week low for SOFI

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Enjoying watching the TSLA rout. Couldn't happen to a more deserving shithead than elon twatter

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Took gains in $T yesterday, now I need a cool new dividend stonk :smugjones:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Taking big gains on SOFI, thanks to that one goon who believed and mentioned it a while back

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

TD Ameritrade is converting my account to a Schwab one in May, but I want to buy Schwab CDs right now. Does anyone know if I open an account with them whether it will be merged into a single login when the TDA move happens? Or will I be stuck with 2 separate accounts

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zero One posted:

If you open a Schwab account now you will have two accounts when the TDA conversion happens for you.

They will both be under the same login. Once it's complete it should be easy to transfer assets from one to the other and close the extra account.

Thanks, I called and was told this as well. They just journal it over and close the second account.

Now to buy some ladder CDs because I'm real fuckin sick of red numbers in my "fun" bux account

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If only there was some kind of vehicle that dumbass 'muricans could purchase that got good mileage and/or didn't use petroleum

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

:hmmyes:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue own a bunch of $CFG

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

also what I would buy if china was not going to invade taiwan

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I use SoFi for banking and for a small dumbshit funbux brokerage account, but I don't own $SOFI

So am I a terrible person or no

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I opened a position in VZ literally the day before Amazon announces plans for a mobile service and VZ cratered 5%

I give up

e: I also picked up SQM before Chile announced it would nationalize lithium mining and the stock got trashed :haw:

Follow me for unlucky investment advice

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 2, 2023

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Subvisual Haze posted:

Looks like both T and VZ have reverted back to around their pre-lead cables story levels. Well played if you bought the dip.
I bought the T dip and have a tidy little amount of unrealized gains but that 8% yield making me not want to sell :|

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Redeemed all my I bonds today, it was a nice run of ~9% interest

Now what's poppin' in the market that looks juicy

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Baddog posted:

Its not 9%, but I picked up some more nice CDs the other week.

Some SGOV. A little VCLT on the spicier side. Real degenerate stuff.
you maniac

I may just plop it into $PBTB for more boring income since I will miss the chance to degenerately gamble on MSFT earnings

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 25, 2023

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ARTPUP posted:

Bought another 1137 shares of $GOON (ENDRA Life Sciences NDRA) @$1.28. Annual stockholder meeting keeps getting pushed back, now it's Aug 9th. Something's up... are they planning to announce the De Novo submission then?

Nice work Google, wish I bought more!
Yeah they're real neato

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Of course I loaded up on some $F right before it cratered. gently caress this earth

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Leperflesh posted:

by "cratered" you mean it's down five percent, right?

Yes I know that's hyperbole (and I did average down a bit) but it's annoying how bad my timing has been on trades recently

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Woodchip posted:

Welcome back F, that was a brutal time after the earnings report

:same:

I wish I'd averaged down a bit but I'm glad F is not giving me as much anxiety now

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Filed to buy some Reddit. On a scale of 1 to Trump Supporter, how dumb is this idea

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ARTPUP posted:

Picked up another 130 shares of Hawaiian Electric (HE) @$11.65/share.
I shifted my dumb play for March; canceled my RDDT ipo order and instead bought some $HE so I could get on the goon trend. 200 @ $11.27

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

HE taking a dump today :(

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

trizzNPH posted:

giving SoFi online banking a shot, wanting to move from Chime (I know... I know...). Reasons for the move obviously irrelevant for this thread, but noticed it has a somewhat thorough looking investment feature as well. been interested in filtering my cash back rewards from my cards into a starter investing account, and this is a v convenient option for me potentially. does anyone here use SoFi for casual trading? Any things to note?

I use SoFi for banking so I have a few holdings in the brokerage side. It's pretty basic and has a social feature that shows when other people buy/sell a security but it's completely stupid. Why do I care that "John R." bought $F at $11.50

It's fine as far as clearing time, the mobile interface is decent and you can buy fractional shares/dollar amount if you want. You can also directly redeem rewards points for dollars in your brokerage account. I wouldn't use it for my IRA or serious investing but it's fine for what it is, a way to quickly and easily buy securities within their ecosystem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

saintonan posted:

I strongly advise against making investment decisions based on degen poo poo some other goon is doing.

Excuse me sir, as somebody who has lost 92% on $NDRA I resent this comment