Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

gently caress

today someone is gonna let bama in

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vertical Lime posted:

gently caress

today someone is gonna let bama in

gently caress

So what evil machinations would that require? TCU needs to get blown out first obviously. But then LSU needs to embarrass Georgia to make Bama’s loss to them look better?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Jerry Palm has already updated his bowl projections, so he's got USC in the Cotton vs. Tulane (lol) and Tennessee has been upgraded to the Orange, so that will be fun.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/bowls/predictions/

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Went to bed early last night. Waking up to good news is always welcome :)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

LeeMajors posted:

Kyle Whittingham won’t be there forever, but it’s been remarkable how good a job he’s done since Urban left for Gainesville.

I haven't watched a Utah game in like 2 years before this one, but when camera showed him, it looks like he has aged 10 years since the last time I saw him. I think they will be fine, if they promote Scalley to head coach once he retires. I don't know how some other school hasn't backed up a Brinks truck to hire Scalley away yet, though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what evil machinations would that require? TCU needs to get blown out first obviously. But then LSU needs to embarrass Georgia to make Bama’s loss to them look better?

TCU is probably enough after USC's loss. Speculation is Michigan losing to Purdue may also be needed

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
If we play Clemson in the Orange bowl I'm making a shirt that says:

Pantone 151

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

TCU is probably enough after USC's loss. Speculation is Michigan losing to Purdue may also be needed

Total losses is still the biggest factor, so none of this makes sense.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The playoff field is set, the committee is going to have four 0-1 loss P5 teams at the end of the day regardless of any of the game outcomes. The media will tell you otherwise all day today to inject some sense of stakes into these games, but don’t believe them.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

We should get the PAC12 trophy.
Already spoken for: https://twitter.com/ScrogginsNoggin/status/1598903535697297408

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

At what point do we have the "Kirby in 2019" discussion about Lincoln Riley, aka "unless this guy gives one part of the ball over entirely to someone who knows what they're doing, this is the ceiling forever"

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Alabama isn’t getting in. They won’t jump TCU, Michigan, or Georgia.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just lol that the "best" candidates for the 4th playoff spot didn't even win their divisions.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
How does LSU get left out in the cold if they win the SEC championship over #1 UGA? I don't get it. Where does Bama even find a hole to sneak in

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Gonz posted:

So who even wins the Heisman, now?

Max Duggan?

CJ Stroud and Caleb Williams have disqualified themselves due to their teams' shameful final games. Corum only had a shot if he didn't get hurt.

marvin harrison jr

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I feel like everything is setting up perfectly for the spoilermakers. Purdue Pete has just been biding his time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Alabama isn’t getting in. They won’t jump TCU, Michigan, or Georgia.

Only really depends on how the committee would see a TCU loses, considering how close most of their wins have been. The committee has never put a 2-loss team in, and even some of Alabama's wins were razor-thin too, so Alabama's probably out. I just hope TCU doesn't lose and tOSU doesn't leap into #3 :v:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I feel like everything is setting up perfectly for the spoilermakers. Purdue Pete has just been biding his time.

Someone in a previous thread described watching Michigan play as like watching a psychopath drown a weasel in a bathtub.

If anyone is capable of treating Harbaugh like that, it's Purdue Pete.

I mean, I'm sure Michigan will still be able to win after that, but it's gonna be tough watching their coach get drowned.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Omnikin posted:

How does LSU get left out in the cold if they win the SEC championship over #1 UGA? I don't get it.

3 losses, including one to a last-place team just 7 days ago

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Considering that Penn State already beat Auburn, does Penn State get to scrimmage itself in the Rose Bowl?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Omnikin posted:

How does LSU get left out in the cold if they win the SEC championship over #1 UGA? I don't get it. Where does Bama even find a hole to sneak in

LSU has three losses and nobody has ever even gotten in with two.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

LSU winning would give them the Sugar Bowl, and Tennessee would likely get bounced into the Citrus Bowl to play Purdue, assuming Purdue loses to Michigan.

Georgia would drop to #2 and we might end up with Michigan vs. OSU in the first round of the playoff

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

thinking back to 2008 and how an 12-0 utah was ranked #6 behind usc and texas and then mysteriously managed to jump them both at the end of the season to climb to #2

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Bama should get in over a 1-loss TCU.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bama has two losses (which tbf could've been zero but also could've been five), didn't win their division, and their best win is TCU's second-best.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Listening to pundits, is the Big 12's best OOC win K-State trouncing Mizzou? I can't see another win against a P5 Bowl Team aside from Iowa State over Iowa.

Similarly the Big Ten's best win is.. OSU over ND? Penn St. vs. Auburn was a good scheduling but Auburn didn't go to a bowl.

I'm sure I'm overlooking some games.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

If Sean Clifford didn't poo poo the bed against Ohio State in the fourth quarter, Penn State would be in the playoffs

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Even if we accept the premise of TCU being an ain’t played nobody fraud and we open things up to taking a two loss team (which the committee will not) the case for Bama over Tennessee is extremely tenuous. Yes Tennessee has one bad loss, but what’s Bama’s best win?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Bama has two losses (which tbf could've been zero but also could've been five), didn't win their division, and their best win is TCU's second-best.

tcu played ole miss?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

tcu played ole miss?

I don't consider Ole Miss on Lane's Senior Week Mode much of a quality win.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

General Dog posted:

Even if we accept the premise of TCU being an ain’t played nobody fraud and we open things up to taking a two loss team (which the committee will not) the case for Bama over Tennessee is extremely tenuous. Yes Tennessee has one bad loss, but what’s Bama’s best win?

The committee isn’t putting a Joe Milton led team in the playoffs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Only really depends on how the committee would see a TCU loses, considering how close most of their wins have been. The committee has never put a 2-loss team in, and even some of Alabama's wins were razor-thin too, so Alabama's probably out. I just hope TCU doesn't lose and tOSU doesn't leap into #3 :v:

The committee doesn’t like rematches in the semifinal if it can be helped.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Lol, lmao USC

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Where can I commission a drawing of"Bazooka" Joe Milton in G. I. Joe style and he's shooting a rocket and on that rocket is a little squirrel in a football helmet. I want it as an avatar and also as a canvas for my wall

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Qwijib0 posted:

Lol, lmao USC

Poo S Pee imo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

The committee doesn’t like rematches in the semifinal if it can be helped.

instead, ohio state will get rolled up to face georgia, arguably a better version of the michigan team they just got stomped against

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bama straight up should have lost to Texas and got the win handed to them by the refs. TCU didn't look great in beating us, but they definitely had control of the close game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

PostNouveau posted:

Bama straight up should have lost to Texas and got the win handed to them by the refs. TCU didn't look great in beating us, but they definitely had control of the close game.

15 penalties against Bama. 5 against Texas.

17 penalties against Bama. 6 against Tennessee.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

Bama should get in over a 1-loss TCU.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I admit I am partially chatting poo poo to spur debate, but I also think Bama handles TCU comfortably and is the only team capable of beating Georgia.