Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF finished 6-6 and was probably lucky not to be 4-8.

I don’t really know what to think about it. There is a big rebuild that has to happen. But it’s hard not to watch Lanning or Kelly walk into immediate success and not feel like Napier did a bad job this year.

Go Gata I guess. Wonder who we’ll draw for the Beef OBrady’s bowl in mid December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Roasted Donut posted:

THE LAND GRANT TROPHY IS BACK IN IT'S RIGHTFUL HOME, MOTHER FUCKERS

a late 80s bowling alley?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1596671585900953601

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
#2 Ohio state lost
#5 LSU and 6 USC will lose
#8 Clemson lost

That's right everyone. Bama going to playoffs

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

He looks like he's about to try and whistle, but you can already tell it's gonna be an accidental raspberry.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm so foundationally happy, I don't know this feeling

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

RIP Illini. If anyone wants my hotel room in Indy for next weekend, PM me. I’m at the residence inn

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

dirty shrimp money posted:

Can’t be all bad, they were/are(?) just one cancelled game with San Jose State away from bowl eligibility.

Well, here's their schedule. Pretty bad when your signature win is over New Mexico?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

#2 Ohio state lost
#8 Clemson lost

Dawgs should throw the SECCG

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mastershakeman posted:

#2 Ohio state lost
#8 Clemson lost

OSU is still gonna be ahead of Bama.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

terps ftw.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I've never seen anything quite loving like this years south carolina team. Look like utter dogshit on offense half the year, completely out of it against a bad florida team, and then beat back-to-back top ten teams to close things out. Gamecocks should be in the top 15.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Two teams from Georgia's segregation private school league went down to laterals in a semifinal game Friday. The laterals are decent enough entertainment, but turn up the volume for the announcing.

https://twitter.com/ChadBlue83/status/1596363995300040704

Penalties were on the defense, so this stood.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

UF finished 6-6 and was probably lucky not to be 4-8.

I don’t really know what to think about it. There is a big rebuild that has to happen. But it’s hard not to watch Lanning or Kelly walk into immediate success and not feel like Napier did a bad job this year.

Oregon and LSU kept so much talent from last year, they both just needed better coaching. Kelly apparently can run a staff, and Lanning had a much better first season than I’d hoped for (I thought we could be good but that there would be more game management errors, but not many to be honest).

Napier giving those “this is gonna be a rebuild” quotes made it clear that the cupboard was bare. Beating Utah early might not have been the best indication but it’s still a hell of a win. I don’t think there’s really reason to worry too much.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UNT going to the CUSA CG

:toot:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
https://twitter.com/onwardstate/status/1596684594144739330?s=46&t=unVd7Eoj2sMMPdFpmSwaPw

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I also like the part where both Iowa and Purdue tried to nope out of playing the UM/OSU winner and gift-wrap it to Illinois but Purdue blew it.

The rumor is that Aiden O'Connell's brother died yesterday so there is that.

Beatin' Gonzaga early this morning and then this, its a pretty good weekend to be a boilermaker

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Roasted Donut posted:

THE LAND GRANT TROPHY IS BACK IN IT'S RIGHTFUL HOME, MOTHER FUCKERS

A trophy that is so incredibly bad it almost wraps around to being good. I would love to meet the original designer and find out what the hell they were thinking.

Just got back from the game. Got my picture taken with the lion and got to fist bump Sparty. All in all a pretty nice day.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

also south carolina fans rushed clemson's field lol

sorry I mean did the thing they do every game, its not a big deal

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

Oregon and LSU kept so much talent from last year, they both just needed better coaching. Kelly apparently can run a staff, and Lanning had a much better first season than I’d hoped for (I thought we could be good but that there would be more game management errors, but not many to be honest).

Napier giving those “this is gonna be a rebuild” quotes made it clear that the cupboard was bare. Beating Utah early might not have been the best indication but it’s still a hell of a win. I don’t think there’s really reason to worry too much.

I agree with all this. I think Napier has been exceedingly honest about the pace of the rebuild but it’s hard to feel optimistic at 6-6 with losses to a bad Kentucky team and loving Vandy.

Utah should have beaten us and was totally in position to do so. But outside of some moral victory close games against Tennessee, LSU, and FSU, there wasn’t much to show this year otherwise.

I am, however, very excited to see Etienne develop. If he doesn’t transfer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So what’s the situation for #2 in the PAC-12 now?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Does JMU get anything for winning the Sun Belt East? I know they don’t get a bowl or a spot in the CCG, but it seems like a plaque would be in order.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

So what’s the situation for #2 in the PAC-12 now?

https://twitter.com/AdamsonAshley/status/1596661706016849920

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

harperdc posted:

Well, poo poo. barring a miracle on the Palouse, looks like Oregon's not going to the Pac-12 title game - and it's confirmed now we've lost to our two biggest rivals.

good work Beavs on the comeback and that goal-line stand. not sure how exactly it all happened but that was a hell of a second half.

Gonna be an interesting year next year. Defense and ST need fixing. Would be nice to have Bo back, but if Dillingham leaves I bet he declares.

I’m not happy the Beavs won but I remind myself rivalries are only fun if they are competitive. I had to miss most of the 3rd and 4th to go to dinner and I was not a happy camper when I checked scores.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I wanted the Colorado hail mary win to come through to make things very weird.

Rather predictably it did not and they got drilled again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I wanted the Colorado hail mary to come through to make things very weird.

I think Colorado would have needed about 9 hail marys based on that box score

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I meant that in the sense that it's a hail mary hoping Colorado wins a football game of any sort, let alone against Utah.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/detroitnews/status/1596647839303888896

Oh, word? Mr. Day, did you just watch the same game I did?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wrong thread

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 27, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LeeMajors posted:

I agree with all this. I think Napier has been exceedingly honest about the pace of the rebuild but it’s hard to feel optimistic at 6-6 with losses to a bad Kentucky team and loving Vandy.

Utah should have beaten us and was totally in position to do so. But outside of some moral victory close games against Tennessee, LSU, and FSU, there wasn’t much to show this year otherwise.

I am, however, very excited to see Etienne develop. If he doesn’t transfer.

LSU is currently getting punched in the mouth by a really bad Aggie team so while they’ve definitely overperformed this year they’ve still got some issues to address before you can confidently call Kelly a success.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Oh well, tonight sucks. No CFP, but there’s still a chance of the SEC championship. Small chance, but it’s there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Aggies are a 7-5 team in a 5-7 team’s body.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

LSU is currently getting punched in the mouth by a really bad Aggie team so while they’ve definitely overperformed this year they’ve still got some issues to address before you can confidently call Kelly a success.

Yeah….

But he did win the west and beat Bama so I think it’s been a pretty successful inaugural run by any measure really.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah….

But he did win the west and beat Bama so I think it’s been a pretty successful inaugural run by any measure really.

Hell, I’m happy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jeremor posted:

also south carolina fans rushed clemson's field lol

sorry I mean did the thing they do every game, its not a big deal

Does this get them a fine from the SEC? Or is that only if you rush your home stadium??

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah….

Yea it’s obviously been an encouraging season and I had LSU pegged as a ~4 loss team but how they’re going to end up getting there is definitely not what I expected.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

How many incompletions or interceptions did he manage with just two people on the field?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sirotan posted:

Oh, word? Mr. Day, did you just watch the same game I did?

He's 1/2 - I agree tOSU might make noise in the playoff with fades to Harrison Jr, though they could also get blanked like in past playoff appearances. But that was an outmatching - it just was. This quote is a lot like Stroud's "this one game doesn't define us" which uh - YES IT loving DOES. THAT IS THE POINT OF MICHIGAN-tOSU. THAT'S WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR. THAT'S WHY MICHIGAN WAS loving GARBAGE FOR A DECADE.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Regardless of outcome I would like to state that Brian Kelly can eat my rear end.

Wrong thread, but I stand by my stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

mastershakeman posted:

#2 Ohio state lost
#8 Clemson lost

[Muffled sounds of buttmad in the distance]