Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1596728613247721473

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
season sucked

beating LSU always good

swings and roundabouts

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fast cars loose anus posted:

season sucked

beating LSU always good

swings and roundabouts

I’m just glad we already had that loss to FSU on our record so it already felt like we were playing with house money this year. Losing to Aggie would have hurt a lot more if we’d been a great team instead of just an overachieving team in a rebuild year,

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

PostNouveau posted:

Hey man, Tulane was 2-10 last year and now they're on top of the football world. If Willie Fritz can turn it around, so can Matt Campbell!

Oh yea, I think ISU will be better next year. They had a ton of turnover coming in and lost a lot of close games. There’s 2-3 more wins this year with a slightly better team. I think Campbell will turn it around, I just figure he’s not getting calls this year unlike the last few years.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

soggybagel posted:

That Auburn muffed punt review was such a clusterfuck. If you all didn't know every conference has a replay center and all of them basically have for lack of better term a black box feature. So you have the ability after the fact to watch exactly what angles the review crew saw, all the audio of what they were saying, and so you can basically audit how they came to the conclusion that they came to. The SEC replay got so focused on the one reverse behind angle that the never tried piecing the two angles you saw on broadcast together where it seemed extremely credible that the ball was like 18 inches away from the returners hand.

that whole matter was an absolute joke

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Hi - I’m a fan of a blue blood team that spent a decade floating in mediocrity and went 4-8 last year, then hired a proven head coach who utilized the portal to revitalize a lackluster roster, so now my team is 11-1, beat all 4 of our traditional rivals, and is playing for a conference championship and playoff slot this week behind the likely Heisman winner.

I am enjoying life right now, and really don’t care that our defense lives and dies by turnovers. This is just so much fun.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There will not be enough bowl-eligible schools this year, so the APR list of the 5-7 teams are:

1. Rice
2. UNLV
3. Auburn (only if Buffalo loses next Friday against Akron)

UNLESS the NCAA allows Appalachian State, and/or Army team that beats Navy get a waiver OR New Mexico State plays and defeats San Jose State.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Edward Mass posted:

There will not be enough bowl-eligible schools this year, so the APR list of the 5-7 teams are:

1. Rice
2. UNLV

UNLESS the NCAA allows Appalachian State, and/or Army team that beats Navy get a waiver OR New Mexico State plays and defeats San Jose State.

JMU should storm the offices of the bowl people until they let them play their rightfully earned bowl game

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DC Murderverse posted:

JMU should storm the offices of the bowl people until they let them play their rightfully earned bowl game

Occupy Duke's Mayo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

1. Rice
2. UNLV

I am shocked to see Auburn on this list

Also that UNLV is 5-7. My only exposure to UNLV is that dude with the Elvis avatar, so I thought they were 0-12 and lost every game by 40.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Edward Mass posted:

1. Rice
2. UNLV

This would be Rice's first bowl game since 2014, and the first bowl game for coach Mike Bloomgren in his 5th year. Rice lost their last 3 games, so they had 3 chances to get into a bowl the normal way and failed all three times. Guess it's better than staying home.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Incoherence posted:

This would be Rice's first bowl game since 2014, and the first bowl game for coach Mike Bloomgren in his 5th year. Rice lost their last 3 games, so they had 3 chances to get into a bowl the normal way and failed all three times. Guess it's better than staying home.

You get 15 more practices if nothing else

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Tad SG posted:

Hi - I’m a fan of a blue blood team that spent a decade floating in mediocrity and went 4-8 last year, then hired a proven head coach who utilized the portal to revitalize a lackluster roster, so now my team is 11-1, beat all 4 of our traditional rivals, and is playing for a conference championship and playoff slot this week behind the likely Heisman winner.

I am enjoying life right now, and really don’t care that our defense lives and dies by turnovers. This is just so much fun.

:hfive: it's nice to return from the wilderness

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tad SG posted:

It’s going to be really hard for all but the bluest of the blue bloods to remain competitive if Riley and Kelly both end up working out. Basically any team that isn’t one of the ten or so that can credibly challenge for a championship based on recruiting and resources is going to be under threat of having any good coach the find stolen from them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does it go to whoever the Rose Bowl wants, or is there an actual tiebreaker somewhere? B1G used to send whatver team had the longest Rose Bowl drought in case of a tie

downout
Jul 6, 2009

So dabo is no longer coach-to-be for Bama?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

downout posted:

No way they got Bill O'Brien why go out for burgers when you got steak at home?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

downout posted:

You shut your drat mouth.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tad SG posted:

Yeah, it's been pretty amazing

It's just someone who can finally develop the absurd amount of talent they can recruit

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
As a buckeye fan my main takeaway from today is I'd like to punch every Ohio State fan chanting "we want urban" in the loving throat.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
:fork:

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
UW just closed out the Apple Cup. Beat the Utes!

Also, Oregon went from a possible Rose Bowl to what - the Jimmy Kimmel bowl today? Ouch...

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Bow down to Washington!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Great Apple Cup, go Dawgs. DeBoer just had a hell of a first season as a coach.

I guess if USC wins, then UW has a shot at the Rose Bowl if the committee doesn't favor Utah? Otherwise I guess it's the Holiday Bowl or something :shrug:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Its not 2007

But it was a fun year

Thanks NIL

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
College GameDay will be at the Big 12 Championship Game for the first time since 2007 next Saturday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Edward Mass posted:

College GameDay will be at the Big 12 Championship Game for the first time since 2007 next Saturday.

Interesting choice but I guess nothing else matters other than the Pac 12 and TCU is a more interesting story than USC?

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull
Assuming nothing weird happens in the conference championships (a big assumption), the playoffs should be the following right?

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. USC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Michigan and Georgia could be a tossup as far as seeding goes. TCU is firmly number 3 for no reason other than being TCU if everyone wins out.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
If Georgia takes care of business as they should there's zero chance of them not being the #1 seed

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Shaw resigns at Stanford.

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1596784262354608129?s=46&t=N04CuapMzhSiXDgzdj_EPA

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

He's 1/2 - I agree tOSU might make noise in the playoff with fades to Harrison Jr, though they could also get blanked like in past playoff appearances. But that was an outmatching - it just was. This quote is a lot like Stroud's "this one game doesn't define us" which uh - YES IT loving DOES. THAT IS THE POINT OF MICHIGAN-tOSU. THAT'S WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR. THAT'S WHY MICHIGAN WAS loving GARBAGE FOR A DECADE.

That team is so mentally soft. Fun to watch.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Regnevelc posted:

That team is so mentally soft. Fun to watch.

I can only imagine the amount of edging you endured over the last 10 years. And the 10 before that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tad SG posted:

Shaw resigns at Stanford.

Huh. End of an era. End of an era that had some honestly good points but did not end particularly well.

I...have zero idea who wants or who would be targeted for the Stanford job these days. I don't know how much money they have to throw around...check that they have all of the money, but I'm not sure how much they're willing to throw at someone. And I don't know who they'd want mainly. I guess also if that person is willing to put up with Stanford's academic recruiting stuff no matter how real or not that is.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting choice but I guess nothing else matters other than the Pac 12 and TCU is a more interesting story than USC?

All other things being equal you probably get a better crowd 1) with crazy TCU fans riding high and 2) not starting at buttfuck a.m. local time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good god was there a delay in the Apple Cup or something, that poo poo went like 4 hours. Christ.

seiferguy posted:

Great Apple Cup, go Dawgs. DeBoer just had a hell of a first season as a coach.

I guess if USC wins, then UW has a shot at the Rose Bowl if the committee doesn't favor Utah? Otherwise I guess it's the Holiday Bowl or something :shrug:

I would think they’d want UW to go face down the wood-chipper play tOSU in the Rose Bowl, that just feels like an old-timey 1970s Rose Bowl matchup if I’ve heard one.

I don’t have the bowl tie-ins memorized like I used to but I doubt any teams get an at-large bid, so likely Alamo and Holiday bowls for the likes of Utah and Oregon.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

soggybagel posted:

That Auburn muffed punt review was such a clusterfuck. If you all didn't know every conference has a replay center and all of them basically have for lack of better term a black box feature. So you have the ability after the fact to watch exactly what angles the review crew saw, all the audio of what they were saying, and so you can basically audit how they came to the conclusion that they came to. The SEC replay got so focused on the one reverse behind angle that the never tried piecing the two angles you saw on broadcast together where it seemed extremely credible that the ball was like 18 inches away from the returners hand.

Is there a clip or youtube link that shows this nonsense? The UGA/Tech game was really bad for officiating and as much as I want to blame it on the other conference's guys, it was an SEC crew. I wish they'd just make a professional refs league and actually have accountability but who knows.

Grittybeard posted:

Huh. End of an era. End of an era that had some honestly good points but did not end particularly well.

I...have zero idea who wants or who would be targeted for the Stanford job these days. I don't know how much money they have to throw around...check that they have all of the money, but I'm not sure how much they're willing to throw at someone. And I don't know who they'd want mainly. I guess also if that person is willing to put up with Stanford's academic recruiting stuff no matter how real or not that is.

I remember half wanting Shaw to come to UGA when Richt getting fired. Ran a similar manball pro style offense, was effective at it. I think the early signing period killed Sanford's recruiting because there is some issue with early enrollment that they don't do. The right coach could get them back to being respectable and could get a killer NIL coalition going that could probably out fund most others.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Somewhere Andrew Luck’s phone rings.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Edward Mass posted:

1. Rice
2. UNLV

I keep seeing this list but Vanderbilt is also 5-7 and surely not behind Auburn or UNLV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The CBS bowl projection puts Penn State in the Cotton Bowl against Tulane, which is kind of a letdown. Penn State played in the Cotton Bowl in 2019, so I'm hoping for Orange