Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

for too long, the perfidious descendants of italian immigrants have enjoyed the privileges of cultural whiteness, including indulging in racism against Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and other marginalized people. in the interest of building class solidarity let this thread serve as a place to remind the olive-oil-sweating, lunch meat name mangling, braided armpit haired guineas that there is no place for them in an enlightened leftist society

in this vein i propose that all cspam mods and iks as well as forum admins adapt a strict "hands-off" policy to the following (living) list of stereotypes, slurs, and generalizations:

• Guido
  • Guinea (also, Greasy Guinea)
  • Wop
  • Goomba
  • Fredo
  • Genetic predisposition to criminal behavior including but not limited to acquisition of goods via "accidental"dislodging during shipments, undeclared imports of olive oil from their home land, unlicensed backdoor gambling, loan sharking, labor racketeering, and bootlegging
  • Inability to pronounce lunch meat names in either English or their own mother-tongue
  • Abundances of body and facial hair among both male and female-born italians
  • prevalences of common names (e.g., Gina, Tony, Paulie, Maria, Gina-Maria)
  • The cultural imperative to eat disgusting amounts of food and the deleterious effect the integration of this cultural aspect into American society has destroyed the typical American diet.
  • Unintelligible strings of agitated vowel sounds in place of higher-order linguistic skills
  • Overly-affectionate behavior that borders on, and frequently steps egregiously beyond the border of, sexual harassment
  • Unrestrained, often violent emotional outbursts

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Nov 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
mamma mia

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
someone's gonna be sleepin wit da fishes tonight

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I read the op with an Italian accent and now I can't take it seriously so maybe op is wrong

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mods please allocate an extra water ration so the italian defenders can boil their pasta and fight us at full strength

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
but break all the spaghettis in half

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I read the op with an Italian accent and now I can't take it seriously so maybe op is wrong

I wrote the OP in my Italian accent, it's impossible to say if it's ironic or not

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

quote this post with your favorite battle of the isonzo

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is this the stealth replacement of the Glenn Greenwald thread

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
What slur did you say that caused you got to get yelled at led to this post?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

When news spread that the trial had resulted in six not-guilty convictions and three mistrials, the city went wild. They assumed that the Mafia had somehow influenced jurors or fixed the trial and that justice had not been served. “Rise, people of New Orleans!” wrote the Daily States newspaper. “Alien hands of oath-bound assassins have set the blot of a martyr’s blood upon your vaunted civilization.” The message was clear: If the New Orleans justice system couldn’t punish Italians, the people of New Orleans would have to do so instead.

In response, thousands of angry residents gathered near the jail. Impassioned speakers whipped the mob into a frenzy, painting Italian immigrants as criminals who needed to be driven out of the city. Finally, the mob broke into the city’s arsenal, grabbing guns and ammunition.

A smaller group of armed men stormed the prison, grabbing not just the men who had been acquitted or given a mistrial, but several who had not been tried or accused in the crimes. Shots rang out—hundreds of them. Eleven men’s bodies were riddled with bullets and torn apart by the crowd.

lmao

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Human posted:

What slur did you say that caused you got to get yelled at led to this post?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

is this the stealth replacement of the Glenn Greenwald thread

no that's the Michael Tracey and his lovely little car thread

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
nothing wrong with northern italy. milan is very beautiful. but gently caress those terrones, right boys?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Quotey posted:

nothing wrong with northern italy. milan is very beautiful. but gently caress those terrones, right boys?

Yeah, sure not all Italians :rolleyes:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Quotey posted:

"I hate the north" - Furio Giunta

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

giuseppe guido over here been acting like he's in the mob for 20 years but that mf lives with his mama slurpin her sauce

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

giuseppe guido over here been acting like he's in the mob for 20 years but that mf lives with his mama slurpin her sauce

ok I'm gonna have to ask you to draw a hard line at doxxing me please

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Uniroically, some of the most vehemently racist people I've ever met will launch into the most insane racist rants about Haitians/Hispanics/Jamaicans/"The Blacks" (my father-in-law is especially gifted at putting enough vile intent into that descriptor that it comes out with all the malice the actual n-word might carry) and then shift and complain about how it used to be so hard to get a job with an Italian last name

Absolutely the dumbest group of eurotrash possible

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

so how was your thanksgiving

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

so how was your thanksgiving

predictably loud, but nobody got in any fights

there's a weird crossover point in italian gatherings where the quality of the food can suppress the rowdy nature of the diners and result in a rare causality event known only informally as "the food is too good to spend time talking"

In the seven years my wife and I have been together this has happened once.

On my own side I've never had a gathering that didn't devolve into chaos and I've had the tainted blood in me for 36 years

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

if italians wanted the right to complain about american-italian food they shouldn't have sided with hitler

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

predictably loud, but nobody got in any fights

there's a weird crossover point in italian gatherings where the quality of the food can suppress the rowdy nature of the diners and result in a rare causality event known only informally as "the food is too good to spend time talking"

In the seven years my wife and I have been together this has happened once.

On my own side I've never had a gathering that didn't devolve into chaos and I've had the tainted blood in me for 36 years

Known in my circle as “all I hear is munching”
If it doesn’t happen most of the time you need to cook harder

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
LALD tell us about pineapple on pizza

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

LALD tell us about pineapple on pizza

It's good, actually.

Pizza needs a sweet element, if you don't like pineapple on pizza there's an 85% chance you've only ever eaten lovely, flavorless tomatoes out of a can

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Mameluke posted:

"I hate the north" - Furio Giunta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWgskZFkh4

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

It's good, actually.

Pizza needs a sweet element, if you don't like pineapple on pizza there's an 85% chance you've only ever eaten lovely, flavorless tomatoes out of a can

:agreed:

wouldn't want it on every pizza forever but it's good sometimes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

"You gotta bee onna you hat" - Furio Giunta

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

vyelkin posted:

:agreed:

wouldn't want it on every pizza forever but it's good sometimes

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Soiled Meat
Mario is a caricature drawn out of love.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ginzo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mameluke posted:

"I hate di nort" - that zip Furio

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy