Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I will explain it with an analogy. America backed a coup in Ukraine but that doesn't mean there weren't a bunch of enthusiastic nazis participating, who still celebrate the coup.

Speaking of which, many of said nazis post on social media. It doesn't get much more right wing than Roma pograming neo-nazis

https://twitter.com/azov_media/status/1758426561399632008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's incredible that there exists brains that are this smooth

https://twitter.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1764347455653720548

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Raichik's problem is not stupidity and frankly as a stupid person I find such aspersions insulting

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

wow i wonder if this person has any deeply repressed sexual pathologies

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

mcmagic posted:

I guess this was in response to some weird fundraiser a school had?

Something I noticed about the Chaya Raichiks of the discourse is they must be spending thousands of hours combing the internet for something, anything that feeds into their rage bait narrative. It's the same with the kitty litter thing, how long did it take them to dig up the fact that schools would use this as an emergency toilet in lockdowns and twist it into some furry inclusivity thing?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Panfilo posted:

kitty litter thing....fact that schools would use this as an emergency toilet in lockdowns

America, are you ok?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Something I noticed about the Panfilos of the discourse is they must be spending thousands of hours combing the internet for something, anything that feeds into their rage bait narrative.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
This is another example of how reactionary belief is centered on this idea that leftists hate beauty.
https://twitter.com/FromKulak/status/1766133198038184028?t=Dpqx7A_5u41vIkNOgJ7gjw&s=19
Conservatives just minding their own business building civilization while leftists are too busy stomping on flowers to notice, apparently.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
lmao at “leftists never attack a bank”

maybe in the USA

Weka
May 5, 2019

Yes, that is what they mean.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Ok than

In latin america in any street protest that gets big enough people will go for the nearest bank to at least break some windows, if not destroy the whole place

Also bank robberies was how the guerilla funded itself during the last brazilian military regimen

edit: though they were commenting something that happened in england

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 17:19 on Mar 10, 2024

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Bump.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

lmao at “leftists never attack a bank”

maybe in the USA

Sad but true: the communards in 1871 Paris didn't burn the Bank of France(which was a Privatly Owned Bank at the time). They litterrally spent their time debating destroying a statue of Napoleon. So he sadly got a motherfucking point there about terrible priorities amongst the leftwing.
edit:

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 05:21 on Apr 16, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

Well also rather famously Stalin robbed a number of banks

Some say that in amongst the chests packed with loot he found one special chest, from which he unpacked right wing online culture and communication on social media

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wanna play that Payday prequel

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Toplowtech posted:

Sad but true: the communards in 1871 Paris didn't burn the Bank of France(which was a Privatly Owned Bank at the time). They litterrally spent their time debating destroying a statue of Napoleon. So he sadly got a motherfucking point there about terrible priorities amongst the leftwing.
edit:

lol that when they lost they made the artist guy here pay to fix it and he went so broke he died in exile

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Pretty good breakdown of those statue pfp accounts on Twitter
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780170180045254908?t=jqcDcuLlvtzWoLqLFS-DuA&s=19
Culture critic has a million followers and regularly laments the current state of art and architecture. Stuff like this seems to give reactionaries a cover for their terrible views, which I assume is intentional. Make reactionary right wing content coded to benign things, point and laugh when people call the "OK" hand sign 'fascist'.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780170180045254908?t=jqcDcuLlvtzWoLqLFS-DuA&s=19
Culture critic has a million followers and regularly laments the current state of art and architecture. Stuff like this seems to give reactionaries a cover for their terrible views, which I assume is intentional. Make reactionary right wing content coded to benign things, point and laugh when people call the "OK" hand sign 'fascist'.

Is there a screenshot or threadroll some where?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Fish of hemp posted:

Is there a screenshot or threadroll some where?
Click in the spoiler bar for the whole thread.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

The fascist is right. A lot of modern architecture sucks really bad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
paul mccarthy's christmas tree is a work of genius sorry chuds

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

The most goated architecture comes from Indochina tho

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Click in the spoiler bar for the whole thread.

I trained as an art historian, these "classics" accounts constantly gently caress up and post renaissance art and sculpture claiming it is classical. I'm sure it is kinda on purpose, actually classical Greek art is filled with examples of sculpture that is clearly not what we conceive of as white Europeans. Classical peoples just didn't think about race like we do. Race was far less important than culture. To be a Hellen you really just needed to be born into the culture and naturally speak Greek as your first tongue, race didn't matter much. You could be white as driven snow, but if you came from over the mountains and spoke funny you weren't in the club. They never even let the Romans in.

Not that they care, this is all window dressing for racism. It does usually piss them off to tell them the Greeks would just dismiss them as barbarians for whom comprehension of Hellenic culture was clearly beyond.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023
:happyelf: <- - - me to the roman statue chuds on twitter

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my_custom_username posted:

:happyelf: <- - - me to the roman statue chuds on twitter

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Weka
May 5, 2019

Panfilo posted:

Please don't uncritically post these sorts of hard right people's posts in the unpacking right wing online culture and communication on social media thread. If the name didn't tip you off (Dr Whiteman?!) or the Ukraine flag in his bio, this fellow was an American army officer who participated in the invasion of Iraq. Here he is seemingly denying the CIA had anything to do with modern art, trying to cover up their dirty work.

https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780721590314901668

Weka
May 5, 2019

Virtual Russian posted:

classical Greek art is filled with examples of sculpture that is clearly not what we conceive of as white Europeans.

=========

To be a Hellen you really just needed to be born into the culture and naturally speak Greek as your first tongue, race didn't matter much.

That's because they weren't made by white Europeans

=======

Nonsense. The trouser wearing barbarians of Macedon could hardly be considered Hellenes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You think this guy is hard right? That's why all the Pepe avatar idiots are flipping out at him, because he's so conservative?
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780359582415454535?t=4_duMR8ocqMOR5VjUoBaRA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Panfilo posted:

You think this guy is hard right? That's why all the Pepe avatar idiots are flipping out at him, because he's so conservative?
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780359582415454535?t=4_duMR8ocqMOR5VjUoBaRA&s=19

Night of the Long Knives 2: Knife Harder.