Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If the Ukraine emoticon fits....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

stanning the neocon to own the chuds ftw

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

You think this guy is hard right? That's why all the Pepe avatar idiots are flipping out at him, because he's so conservative?
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780359582415454535?t=4_duMR8ocqMOR5VjUoBaRA&s=19

i'm hard, right now

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Panfilo posted:

You think this guy is hard right? That's why all the Pepe avatar idiots are flipping out at him, because he's so conservative?
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1780359582415454535?t=4_duMR8ocqMOR5VjUoBaRA&s=19

ukraine flag means fascist op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tired of tweeting about bad nazis, time to tweet about good nazis

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

tristeham posted:

ukraine flag means fascist op

Is this some kind of Pronouns in Bio dismissive nonsense?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Panfilo posted:

what

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

...is this guy for real lol

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

yellowcar posted:

...is this guy for real lol

yes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We don't talk about them much because they're irrelevant but it's hard to overstate how dumb the decorum right also is

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Big Azov fan, eh?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
the decorum right isnt irrelevant. thats the other chunk of mainstream politics.

you have the decorous psychos (dems, bush style repubs), and the indecorous psychos (trump fans)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Panfilo posted:

Do you think Hitler was a conservative?

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

Weka posted:

Do you think Hitler was a conservative?
Of course not. It's apparent the bastard was constantly in a valiant struggle against his homoerotic urges--as indicated by his effeminate manner of dress--and arranged the murder of his former lover, Ernst Röhm, to refute any suspicions of homosexuality. Only a comatose newborn or Nazi sympathizer would say otherwise, so I urge all dissenters to promptly select their preferred descriptor.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
jesse what the gently caress are you talking about?

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

Dixon Chisholm posted:

jesse what the gently caress are you talking about?

The irrefutable truth.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Look we all know Hitler was gay, but that has no bearing on whether or not he was a conservative.

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

Weka posted:

Look we all know Hitler was gay, but that has no bearing on whether or not he was a conservative.
gently caress. You're right. It is obviously a lapse in logic to assume that endorsing practices outlawed in 99% of all societies for most of human history challenge the conservation of traditionalist values. How presumptuous of me.

Weka
May 5, 2019

I don't think that's true that 99% of societies banned homosexuality. Consider for a moment the classical era, Greece & Rome.

Anyway, I'm much more interested in Panfilo's opinion on whether someone can be right wing without being conservative

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

Of course not. It's apparent the bastard was constantly in a valiant struggle against his homoerotic urges--as indicated by his effeminate manner of dress--and arranged the murder of his former lover, Ernst Röhm, to refute any suspicions of homosexuality. Only a comatose newborn or Nazi sympathizer would say otherwise, so I urge all dissenters to promptly select their preferred descriptor.

Please stop posting like this

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

Weka posted:

Anyway, I'm much more interested in Panfilo's opinion on whether someone can be right wing without being conservative
Yes.

Waddle Bourgeoidee has issued a correction as of 14:52 on Apr 18, 2024

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

Weka posted:

I don't think that's true that 99% of societies banned homosexuality. Consider for a moment the classical era, Greece & Rome.
First and foremost, sodomy among men was almost universally frowned upon in both ancient Greek city-states and the Roman Empire/Republic since it emasculated the submissive person in the relationship. Furthermore, the homoerotic activities that weren't taboo nearly always involved an older man (e.g., Hadrian, Nero) and a younger boy (e.g., Antinous, Sporus), which is just blatant pedophilia, not a legitimate relationship between consenting adults. 

Your argument also doesn't account for the fact that both of your cited examples were ancient societies that preceded legislation such as the Edict of Milan in the fourth century (among others) that universally legalized Christianity and, by extension, illegalized homosexual relationships (both consensual and non-consensual), which would stay the status quo across the Islamic, Christian, and Far Eastern Worlds for over a millennium.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hate to break up the fun but the subject matter of conservativeness is class relations, not the disposition of dicks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fellas is it gay to wear shorts

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

fellas is it gay to wear shorts

Yes. Topic locked.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I wonder if anyone in C-SPAM has ever written a precise and insightful breakdown of right- vs left-wing politics.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Son of Sorrow posted:

I wonder if anyone in C-SPAM has ever written a precise and insightful breakdown of right- vs left-wing politics.

right people: eh eh eh
left people: uh uh uh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Son of Sorrow posted:

the right wing is Correct because it is Right
the left wing is Wrong because it is Loony

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I don't think this was it but I just can't remember the poster. Alas,

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

so much to unpack...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Yes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

righty tighty. lefty loosy

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in spanish left is izquierda because liberals are izquierda of everything

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

right people: eh eh eh
left people: uh uh uh

Weka
May 5, 2019

tristeham posted:

so much to unpack...

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

tristeham posted:

so much to unpack...

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

keep honking, im unpacking

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Honestly just skip the alt check and queue up a permaban for the obvious rereg. Don't even bother to find out which psycho this is.

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

by Pragmatica

rodbeard posted:

Honestly just skip the alt check and queue up a permaban for the obvious rereg. Don't even bother to find out which psycho this is.

They try to silence me because I speak the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

I'd still like Panfilo to unpack for us if you can be right wing without being conservative