Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

it sure would be a shame if someone posted some old tweets about the left being hypocrites...in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Like this crazy person?
https://twitter.com/AydinPaladin/status/1611566085714624515?t=ukpMSRPn2CXJ--2-62HtRA&s=19

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

it sure would be a shame if someone posted some old tweets about the left being hypocrites...in this thread

NHD I know you're a NYTP fan and you're torn up about the latest cryptoGlennthread closing so this one goes out from all of us at C-SPAM to you

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1615819947900534784

and this one just from me

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1615585733024317440

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
gently caress!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
could we try packing up right wing culture so we can get it outta here

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

unpack this, bitch 📦📦📦

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

u still beat off to that libertarian chick you kept on posting OP?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Culture is downstream of politics so we should try packing right wing politics

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

u still beat off to that libertarian chick you kept on posting OP?

may i see her

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

not quite old enough. we need tweets from at least 2020

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Poe's Law biting hard tonight

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lmao

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
Rename CSPAM "The Glenn Greenwald Report"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1617854441646092290?t=SbIWLSvQByzSSP0c9dJpGw&s=19

This is a tactic I've seen conservatives do lately? Well not really lately, pretty much forever I guess. A gay couple has been molesting kids they adopted, and helped support the narrative the right has about gay people and children. There's two elements to this:

The first is the very strong implication that gay men are more likely to molest children. In addition to being naked homophobia, I think chuds tend to assume that ANY man that would molest or rape another male must be gay. So they follow this simplistic chain of logic: a man molesting a boy is gay, therefore men sexually attracted to men will want to molest boys, therefore a child molestor who has male victims MUST secretly be gay.

The second element is the implication of the LGBT community as a whole. Explicitly accusing all gay men of being child molestors might break decorum. It actually serves them better to all but suggest this, with the caveat that "sure, not EVERY gay man molest children, but if you're among those that don't then you should be the FIRST to condemn the ones that do!". This allows them to drag down other groups of people into the 'problem'. "As if it were bad enough that 99% of gay men are molesting boys nonstop the rest of the alphabet mafia are letting it happen!".

Is there a concise term for when chuds conflate this?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1617854441646092290?t=SbIWLSvQByzSSP0c9dJpGw&s=19

This is a tactic I've seen conservatives do lately? Well not really lately, pretty much forever I guess. A gay couple has been molesting kids they adopted, and helped support the narrative the right has about gay people and children. There's two elements to this:

The first is the very strong implication that gay men are more likely to molest children. In addition to being naked homophobia, I think chuds tend to assume that ANY man that would molest or rape another male must be gay. So they follow this simplistic chain of logic: a man molesting a boy is gay, therefore men sexually attracted to men will want to molest boys, therefore a child molestor who has male victims MUST secretly be gay.

The second element is the implication of the LGBT community as a whole. Explicitly accusing all gay men of being child molestors might break decorum. It actually serves them better to all but suggest this, with the caveat that "sure, not EVERY gay man molest children, but if you're among those that don't then you should be the FIRST to condemn the ones that do!". This allows them to drag down other groups of people into the 'problem'. "As if it were bad enough that 99% of gay men are molesting boys nonstop the rest of the alphabet mafia are letting it happen!".

Is there a concise term for when chuds conflate this?

that is an antigun tweet making a reference to scarface, op

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
they are all dumb enough to think whatever social media they're on is all directed towards them. If they're losing followers then it's the platforms fault, when tweeting at elon musk they truly believe he got the message, if something isn't trending when all their friends can't stop talking about it then they've been personally shadow banned. Elon musk is amplifying this by replying to nobodies, I'd say he's intentionally trying to make them think twitter personally listens, but he's dumber than the average user.

the best posters know they're just throwing poo poo into a void

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
still just so much to unpack… gonna take me a while

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Turtle Watch posted:

I'm trying to unpack by invisible knapsack but I can't find it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
every time I finish unpacking some rear end in a top hat brings in another box of right wing online culture and communication on social media!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

*slaps 1D surface* this bad boy can fit so much right-wing online culture and communication in it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

every time I finish unpacking some rear end in a top hat brings in another box of right wing online culture and communication on social media!!

i hate to be the one to tell you this... some guy just pulled up with a whole truck load of right wing online culture and communication on social media.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i hate to be the one to tell you this... some guy just pulled up with a whole truck load of right wing online culture and communication on social media.

gently caress

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

gonna go sign croup coughfield up for the National Review junior debate league

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

mawarannahr posted:

*slaps 1D surface* this bad boy can fit so much right-wing online culture and communication in it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's literally just the same poo poo the right wing does in every other space- constantly work the refs by complaining about supposed bias against them, so the idiots in charge in the political environment of liberalism that's obsessed with the appearance of impartiality and fairness will constantly cede ground to them and equate far-right stochastic terrorism with literally anything left of Reagan.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Turtle Watch posted:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
keep laughing, I’m unpacking..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

this box is labeled summer clothes snorkeling gear right wing online culture and communication on social media

whomever labeled it needs a fresh sharpie