Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I got a bag of the jerk chips but never opened them. I hope they're still good.

I tried some of the vanilla bean/chocolate swirl gelato and you'll never expect what I found out, which is that it was good and tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There's a target across the street from a trader Joe's near me, the target had ev charging spots. I start charging and then walk across the street

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

There's a target across the street from a trader Joe's near me, the target had ev charging spots. I start charging and then walk across the street

I respect the hustle

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I used to love their artichoke dip

I stopped buying it, I think if I kept eating it I'd be dead by 30. I imagine it's still good but those dark days are behind me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just discovered TJ's on a business trip to San Jose. We don't have it in Canada, and it has quite an awesome selection of cool and unique snacks to bring home to the kids. I think the biggest hit was the chocolate dipped bamba peanut butter puffs. That disappears instantly.

The okra crisps were NOT a hit, possibly unsurprisingly lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

QuarkJets posted:

I used to love their artichoke dip

I stopped buying it, I think if I kept eating it I'd be dead by 30. I imagine it's still good but those dark days are behind me

It’s got spinach and artichoke in it, should be plenty healthy op

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

So they just started stocking some new product that is literally crushed potato chips, fritos, and peanut butter pretzels all mixed together with melted chocolate and formed into clumps and my god it is super satisfying.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Another rec from me for the jerk-seasoned plantain chips.

The lemon ice cream was also quite good.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s got spinach and artichoke in it, should be plenty healthy op

yeah that's practically a salad

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tried some catsup seasoning on the overcooked kettle chips

They were ok

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"hmm...this could use some ketchup but I want it dry like sand"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fish Of Doom posted:

So they just started stocking some new product that is literally crushed potato chips, fritos, and peanut butter pretzels all mixed together with melted chocolate and formed into clumps and my god it is super satisfying.

We got these a month or so back. I thought the chocolate wasn't chocolatey enough and the corn chip flavor somehow really overwhelmed the whole thing. They were alright but not quite as fantastic as I wished. They don't hold a candle to the dark chocolate covered pretzel thins.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I bought the jerk flavored banana crisps

Oh they're good. Good good good good good.

I should use my fair fryer and make some dehydrated banana chips.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They're plantains you swine

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

They're plantains you swine

That one

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The trader Joe's sour jelly beans are very sour :yum:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Smugworth posted:

ooh thats a pickup. Also had the jerk plantain chips a while back they're solid

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Friends, do not sleep on the chicken karaage and the Japanese style fried rice (with edamame, tofu, and seaweed). I've never seen either of them in my local TJ's before, but oh boy this combo might be my favorite so far. Both products are S Tier, imo.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We haven't had it in a while but my kids lived on a diet that was like 40% Japanese rice (supplemented with some extra veggies and maybe a little chicken cut up in it) for years.

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

who is this joe and why does he want to trade me for my hard earned cash

OsteoMcB fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 10, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He's friends with Jose, Giotto, and Ming.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

OsteoMcB posted:

who is this joe and why does he want to trade me for my hard earned cash
It's just a pun based on Traitor Joe, aka Biden

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
They had champagne grapes last week. yum!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I got that karaage out of morbid curiosity and actually said oh no out loud when I opened it. I hope it's okay for what it is but this sure does not look like karaage.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've never had authentic karaage so I don't know how it compares, but I really liked the savory dark meat and the sweet sauce that comes with it. With the japanese rice it all went together well.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It is cooking away as we speak. What made me go oh no in the store was seeing frozen gimbap. I can't even imagine what you do with that.

I also bought chicken thighs to make karaage tomorrow.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I had a frozen gimbap from H Mart today (fried tofu and burdock) and it was actually alright

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

I had a frozen gimbap from H Mart today (fried tofu and burdock) and it was actually alright

Honestly what do you do with it? Just let it sit out and thaw? What happens to the rice texture?

My karaage verdict: no bueno. Even on its own merits as fried chicken it is not great. Points for the sauce actually, if there is a dip with karaage it's just a glorp of mayo and that was a frozen bag of mayo with a bit of seasoning.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Grand Fromage posted:

Honestly what do you do with it? Just let it sit out and thaw? What happens to the rice texture?

My karaage verdict: no bueno. Even on its own merits as fried chicken it is not great. Points for the sauce actually, if there is a dip with karaage it's just a glorp of mayo and that was a frozen bag of mayo with a bit of seasoning.

Microwave for 3 minutes, then you can either eat it warm or let it cool to room temp. The rice seemed… normal, I guess?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Smugworth posted:

I impulse bought those last time. But I was hoping for a skittles pack amount and you get a ton in that bag. Good beans tho

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*pokes thread* u okay buddy?

eating TJs orange chiggen for dinner. been awhile. pretty tasty!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The frozen mini tacos are pretty legit. They need a dipping sauce though

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

got some TJ's Japanese fried rice. Good stuff, thanks thread

Why isn't there a Japanese Trader like Ming, Giotto, and Jose? Trader Ryu? Trader Kenji?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Incremus posted:

got some TJ's Japanese fried rice. Good stuff, thanks thread

Why isn't there a Japanese Trader like Ming, Giotto, and Jose? Trader Ryu? Trader Kenji?
Trader Josuke

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Posters are at the dentist after eating recalled falafels with rocks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MarcusSA posted:

The frozen mini tacos are pretty legit. They need a dipping sauce though

Do one little bowl of salsa authentica, one of sour cream BUT water the sour cream down so the consistency is closer to a smoothie or maybe like a fairly thick soup. Local taco place does that and it makes dipping infinitely easier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Do one little bowl of salsa authentica, one of sour cream BUT water the sour cream down so the consistency is closer to a smoothie or maybe like a fairly thick soup. Local taco place does that and it makes dipping infinitely easier.

lol it’s probably creama and you can buy it at the Mexican markets.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Nah they're straight up like "it's sour cream, we add water to it." But yeah it's pretty much crema.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Heading to Trader Joe’s in about an hour. What are the absolute must gets that I should purchase? I like all food and am willing to experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Piggy Smalls posted:

Heading to Trader Joe’s in about an hour. What are the absolute must gets that I should purchase? I like all food and am willing to experiment.

Orange chicken and chicken fried rice. Good meal.

The Incan nuts

The chip aisle is always a good look.