Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Orange chicken and chicken fried rice. Good meal.

The Incan nuts

The chip aisle is always a good look.

👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Blueberry and cream yogurt

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Piggy Smalls posted:

Heading to Trader Joe’s in about an hour. What are the absolute must gets that I should purchase? I like all food and am willing to experiment.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

those elote frito-style chips are so addicting and everyone we feed them to agrees

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's basic as gently caress but TJ's genuinely has the best mint chocolate chip ice cream out of anyone. It's phenomenal.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crusty Nutsack posted:

those elote frito-style chips are so addicting and everyone we feed them to agrees

I love those so much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The caramelized French onion dip is bomb AF.

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

The "handsome cut" frozen fries are fantastic. So is the balela, which is a chickpea and black bean cold salad you can find over by the prepared sandwiches and wraps and stuff.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Buttchocks posted:

Blueberry and cream yogurt

guava passionfruit greek

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Their frozen peas are at least as good as the pricey gold-label sweet baby peas.

Mostly it’s just whatever you see that looks good to you. Enormous :rip: to sweet potato tortilla chips

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Hold the cones, tamales

mystes
May 31, 2006

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted:

It's like drinking a scented candle.

The maple oat milk is pretty nice though.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

mystes posted:

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted:

It's like drinking a scented candle.

The maple oat milk is pretty nice though.

Thank you I wanted to get this but I'm weary.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Thank you I wanted to get this but I'm weary.
Take a nap and maybe you won't be so weary

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This stuff is dank as hell, don't limit your use to pancakes.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Black bean and quinoa tortilla chips are always a pro buy, and the ghost pepper potato chips are also pretty good. The Indian food microwavable pouches are also excellent to have on hand for a quick meal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Apprentice Dick posted:

Black bean and quinoa tortilla chips are always a pro buy, and the ghost pepper potato chips are also pretty good.

Hard agree

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Joe has the syrup hookup. Lots of options, all real maple, all not costing an arm and a nut like it does at a supermarket

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Apprentice Dick posted:

Black bean and quinoa tortilla chips are always a pro buy, and the ghost pepper potato chips are also pretty good. The Indian food microwavable pouches are also excellent to have on hand for a quick meal.
Y'all still have the kati pouches??

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nessus posted:

I think they mean the individual shelf stable pouches with dal and tikka vegetables and stuff

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Nessus posted:

I'd do foolish things to have those back in circulation.

Another Indian-thing-in-a-pouch that's pretty great is this chakri mix. It's a good trail-mix type snack and also sprinkles well on curries. Or you can just eat the entire package in one go standing up

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Incremus posted:

I'd do foolish things to have those back in circulation.

Another Indian-thing-in-a-pouch that's pretty great is this chakri mix. It's a good trail-mix type snack and also sprinkles well on curries. Or you can just eat the entire package in one go standing up

I eat these straight..

You catch one of the hot ones and oh man it's a choke rest not seen since JFK was in office.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FogHelmut posted:

Just tried this, it's good. Bourbon is more on the aroma than the flavor but it's good maple syrup anyway. Little tangy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Just tried this, it's good. Bourbon is more on the aroma than the flavor but it's good maple syrup anyway. Little tangy.

Pour some on the Trader Joe's Super Premium Pumpkin Ice Cream. Or the cheesecake.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The pumpkin ice cream is kind of nasty.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not using enough syrup imo

Alhara
Aug 21, 2007

Incremus posted:

got some TJ's Japanese fried rice. Good stuff, thanks thread

Why isn't there a Japanese Trader like Ming, Giotto, and Jose? Trader Ryu? Trader Kenji?

I believe it was Trader Joe-San, and then they got second-hand embarrassment and changed it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember like two years ago when a handful of people were like "it kinda sucks that they do racial names on some food" and TJ's said they were already stopping it until Fox made like one comment about it and TJ's immediately backtracked and said they were keeping the names? That was pretty gross.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
Yeah the dumb names loving rule. Can’t believe they even pretended to cave to that hand wringing bullshit even for a second.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heads up if you like the dry salami my Trader Joe’s has the packs of ends and tips for 5.99 for 1.5lbs

I bought two packs but I should have bought more since it will last 10 years in the fridge.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If they can make a Mexican gundam they sure as heck can make Mexican Jose brand taquitos

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The frozen chicken quesadillas are perhaps the worst thing I've ever spent money on at TJs.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i like the tj's mini papadams, which I am currently eating.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

These knockoff ramen noodles suck rear end

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

They look like a ripoff of the Momofuku noodles specifically, which also suck rear end

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

David Chang is a huckster

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Smugworth posted:

These knockoff ramen noodles suck rear end

My 1st grader loves them. But also he would happily drink a glass of soy sauce if allowed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trader blows :blastu:

mystes
May 31, 2006

They have a new frozen Baingan Bharta and it's probably my favorite indian dish they carry now

Also:

FogHelmut posted:

I don't even know if they still have this, but I bought it before and I really wanted to like it but I hate it :(. I even tried mixing it with normal maple syrups but the flavor is too strong (almost chemical-ish) for me. It's been sitting in my refrigerator and I need to admit defeat and throw it out.

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mystes posted:

I don't even know if they still have this, but I bought it before and I really wanted to like it but I hate it :(. I even tried mixing it with normal maple syrups but the flavor is too strong (almost chemical-ish) for me. It's been sitting in my refrigerator and I need to admit defeat and throw it out.

you can return anything to TJs, even if you just didn't like it. the employees don't care at all