Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

There's a whole rear end subculture around finding and trying all of the limited edition stuff TJ's has

On that note, they currently have a peppermint chocolate loaf cake mix and it is loving delicious.

My partner and I half-demolished one in the space of a day. (And I regret nothing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
They're good, I like them a lot, they have great pre packaged stuff for when I'm busy and don't feel like cooking, but the location in my city is always missing poo poo I need for recipes like maybe one specific ingredient and it pisses me off cause then I gotta go to Aldi or Kroger. Also their meat is way expensive gimme that cheap steroid chicken.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

craving the gently caress out this poo poo. ill put a whole bag away im out of control.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I enjoy their steaks and chicken.

I really enjoy the brownie cookie bites as a fairly low cal desrrt.

I eat one of them.

Also the pork pot stickers are like tiny rear end calories so I'll eat two with orange chicken and fried rice.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I went to trader Joe's to get some mochi and they didn't have any :(

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I went to trader Joe's to get some mochi and they didn't have any :(

Just that store or all TJs?

TJs Nationwide availability of Mochi will affect how I view this place I've never been.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Athanatos posted:

Just that store or all TJs?

TJs Nationwide availability of Mochi will affect how I view this place I've never been.

We only have the one near us, so I'm not sure. Hopefully other TJs still have mochi.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The one near us still had mochi last time we were there.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
The gummy sea critters are great tasting

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Green dragon sauce is pretty good, add it to my nacho cheese and carne asada marinades.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'm not saying this should be a Mochi thread, but if you havn't had Mochi you should go to Trader Joe's and buy mochi right now.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Athanatos posted:

I'm not saying this should be a Mochi thread, but if you havn't had Mochi you should go to Trader Joe's and buy mochi right now.

Pretend I gave you a red text avatar that said ""MOCHI! MOCHI! I can't shut the gently caress up about MOCHI!" for mentioning mochi twice in this thread and then you will understand what it's like
to be me in the Costco thread

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I ate trader Joe's Mochi.

It was good. I just can't get over that rice skin it's so weird if I get a little that doesn't have the inside stuffing on it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You can purchase European style butter at other stores.

It's not as good. :(

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Juche ideas of Mochi distributors

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Trader Joe’s discontinues too many items and has too many that are only around for a limited time.

I get they have limited shelf space and each product is evaluated on turns and revenue but I hate when things just disappear.

Hell I think those dumplings are one of the longest lasting items and a founding father by this point.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Trader Joe’s discontinues too many items and has too many that are only around for a limited time.

I get they have limited shelf space and each product is evaluated on turns and revenue but I hate when things just disappear.

Hell I think those dumplings are one of the longest lasting items and a founding father by this point.

I was JUST starting to enjoy the horseradish chips. They were A
SO GOOD

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I live within walking distance of a trader joe's that has a decent parking lot.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I like to call it Trader’s Joe

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I ate trader Joe's Mochi.

It was good. I just can't get over that rice skin it's so weird if I get a little that doesn't have the inside stuffing on it

They also may have a mochi cake mix with peanutbutter frosting, not sure if that's every location.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They also may have a mochi cake mix with peanutbutter frosting, not sure if that's every location.

I haven't seen this mythical being

I'll put a BOLO on it on Joe Day.

Bippie Mishap
Oct 12, 2012

They refused to let their workers wear masks and my neighbor's brother has had Covid three times because he works there. They pretty much suck as a company.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bippie Mishap posted:

They refused to let their workers wear masks and my neighbor's brother has had Covid three times because he works there. They pretty much suck as a company.

drat that is not a vibe.

Still enjoying some orange dark chocolate from Joe's at the present

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

I drive past the Stop n Shop

with the radio on

:golfclap:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Bippie Mishap posted:

There's no way that's a company policy, is it? That's an incredibly dumb and pointless way to get into legal trouble. All I could find googling was that as late as May 2022, corporate required employees to wear masks. I've been to a couple lately and I still see some employees wearing masks. Not that it sucks any less for your neighbor's brother, but to me that policy reeks of one dumbfuck manager rather than an official corporate decision.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

There's no way that's a company policy, is it? That's an incredibly dumb and pointless way to get into legal trouble. All I could find googling was that as late as May 2022, corporate required employees to wear masks. I've been to a couple lately and I still see some employees wearing masks. Not that it sucks any less for your neighbor's brother, but to me that policy reeks of one dumbfuck manager rather than an official corporate decision.

That is assuredly not a corporate decision, their stores remained opened and masked until the mandate was dropped in NM earlier this year.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I saw those and didn't buy them

Mostly because id eat them very fast

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dark Chocolate Star cookies are where it's at right now.

Also the $1 advent calendar full of the worst chocolate ever made.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FogHelmut posted:

Dark Chocolate Star cookies are where it's at right now.

Also the $1 advent calendar full of the worst chocolate ever made.

Yes I love the star cookies.

And I buy tons of the advents. Probably too many but they are .99C!!!!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like how you can mix and match a six pack from their beer section. At first I was only taking loose bottles to avoid breaking up a six pack, until an employee encouraged me to combine anything on the shelf even taking from cans held together with plastic rings. Definitely a fun way to try new options without committing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like how you can mix and match a six pack from their beer section. At first I was only taking loose bottles to avoid breaking up a six pack, until an employee encouraged me to combine anything on the shelf even taking from cans held together with plastic rings. Definitely a fun way to try new options without committing.

Back when there was a TJ's down the street I was all about Botswain, Oranjeboom and Peter's. They used to have this Egri Bikaver wine that was dope as hell and like $3 a bottle, too, but that's been gone forever.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Just got back from a trip to Joe's, and his parking lot was overwhelmingly a loving nightmare as it usually is... but for some reason the store wasn't crowded. I don't know how that works out. Circled around 3 times, found no parking, drove down the road to a pay lot only to find out it was free for the holidays. Of course! Still had to shlep down the road with a shopping cart of groceries bouncing all over, in below freezing weather, but things could be worse.

At least Peppermint Hold the Cone's are back in stock, made my trip slightly less annoying.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm still pissed that they stopped carrying Saag Paneer in the frozen Indian food section

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ianskate posted:

Just got back from a trip to Joe's, and his parking lot was overwhelmingly a loving nightmare as it usually is... but for some reason the store wasn't crowded. I don't know how that works out. Circled around 3 times, found no parking, drove down the road to a pay lot only to find out it was free for the holidays. Of course! Still had to shlep down the road with a shopping cart of groceries bouncing all over, in below freezing weather, but things could be worse.

At least Peppermint Hold the Cone's are back in stock, made my trip slightly less annoying.

At least the groceries will stay cold

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
What about Traitor Joes where every time you use a coupon, staff plants drugs in your car and calls the pigs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bippie Mishap posted:

My Joe's is mostly masked, but there's some lungers due for a permanent fade.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
The Trader Joe's pound plus giant chocolate bars are like 5 dollars for 17+ ounces of Belgium chocolate. They also come in milk and dark. These are a great deal. I used to buy them for making my opulent luxury brownies. Box brownie mix is trash BTW.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Krustic posted:

The Trader Joe's pound plus giant chocolate bars are like 5 dollars for 17+ ounces of Belgium chocolate. They also come in milk and dark. These are a great deal. I used to buy them for making my opulent luxury brownies. Box brownie mix is trash BTW.

also good for fancy chocolate chip cookies. hand chopped chocolate chunks > premade chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My wife hid the Belgium chocolates that I ate half of within 5 minutes of getting home

God damnit