Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Just horked down one of these. Gonna grab another when I trade at Joe's tomorrow.

Hell yeah this is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah they are pretty sweet even by cookie standards. Good with a cup of black coffee.

I agree with this.

My limit is one and I’ve got a hell of a sweet tooth.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm gonna make sure you are never able to buy the orange chicken ever again

The fake orange chicken they sell is pretty drat good too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

silence_kit posted:

Trader Joes DOES sell stuff other than cookies and TV dinners for yuppies

Yeah they have a solid chip selection as well.

As an aside The Trader Joes brand "Premium" wines are actually really good. The Cab they have is super drinkable for the $7-8 they are asking for it. I recommend checking them out.

Edit: They call it their Reserve brand. Really good stuff for the price imo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Looks like the crunchy habaneros in oil finally rotated out since the last time I got some. Copped a jar of this stuff, not nearly as spicy

This stuff is ok. It’s not nearly as good as this stuff though,

ZINDREW CHILI Crunchy Garlic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VNQC99W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It’s legit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Trader Joe’s reserve wines they stock are really good and priced just right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Just tried the Zindrew X Batch this week and it's great. Respectable heat, good flavor (tastes a lot like General Tso's chicken with the chili and MSG). Not sure if I prefer it to TJs crunchier blend for frying my eggs yet, but I'll probably get another jar.

That’s great to hear!

Went to TJs today for a Saturday snack / drink shop and my wife and I both remarked that we don’t recall having anything actually bad from TJs.

Sure some stuff isn’t amazing but never had anything flat out bad there.

I really kinda miss the walnut raisin loaf though. It’s been replaced with an olive loaf and I’m not the biggest olive fan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress I keep forgetting about the drat ice cream! Gonna try and get some tomorrow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

These disappear with a quickness in my house

They are so drat good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Steak and Stout pies are like a million calories but they are pretty good.

I also picked up some lemon ice cream and will report back later.

The cashier dude said the horchata ice cream is also legit good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried the Jalapeño limeaid? I saw that today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The lemon ice cream is indeed legit good. It’s a bit rich for me but it is fantastic.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Trader Joes reserve wines are real good and cheap.

The Jam filled heart cookies are also banging

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Try it on some eggs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AcidCat posted:

If you're into the whole 'dine scene the TJ smoked/olive oil sardines are really good.

These are hella good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The frozen mini tacos are pretty legit. They need a dipping sauce though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Do one little bowl of salsa authentica, one of sour cream BUT water the sour cream down so the consistency is closer to a smoothie or maybe like a fairly thick soup. Local taco place does that and it makes dipping infinitely easier.

lol it’s probably creama and you can buy it at the Mexican markets.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The caramelized French onion dip is bomb AF.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Apprentice Dick posted:

Black bean and quinoa tortilla chips are always a pro buy, and the ghost pepper potato chips are also pretty good.

Hard agree

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heads up if you like the dry salami my Trader Joe’s has the packs of ends and tips for 5.99 for 1.5lbs

I bought two packs but I should have bought more since it will last 10 years in the fridge.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think the fake chicken one is also pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Even to a TJ regular a TJ parking lot is a nightmare. gently caress every TJs parking lot.

Pretty much the only one that wasn’t a poo poo show was the one in hermosa beach because they converted a Ralph’s grocery store to a TJs.

The store also rules because it’s like 2x the size it needs to be so everything inside is super spread out.