Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, my TJs parking lot is a fuckin deathtrap. Anyway the candy cane joejoe's are back but beware goons, at least at mine they're often sold out of the regular ones and just have tons of the gluten free kind, so if you're not paying attention yer gonna get lovely cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I just go to the Stop n Shops

I drive past the Stop n Shop

with the radio on

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chinatown posted:

Their frozen mac and cheese is very good.

Which one? The diner-style? Pepperoni pizza? Hatch chile? Reduced guilt?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Isn't Traitor Joe's just ALDI for people that are scared to shop at ALDI?

Kinda. There are two Aldis, which were originally the same chain but there was a big schism in I think the 80s in Germany, so now there's Aldi Sud and Aldi Nord which are technically different companies doing basically the same thing. One of those operates in the US as Aldi, the other owns Trader Joes. TJs follows a lot of the basic principles behind the German Aldis, such as offering few alternatives/options and having everything possible be store-brand, but they're different companies owned by different people.

edit at least here Aldi basically only has stores in extremely lovely neighborhoods, but my understanding is elsewhere they're a "nicer" grocery brand

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 28, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The one near us still had mochi last time we were there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A fairly easy family dinner we do is a bunch of pita, a box of the frozen dill pickle falafel (or I guess the regular one), some sliced baby cukes, a thing of tzatziki, and maybe some of the grilled chicken slices if you really need meat for some reason. Great family dinner, takes like 20 minutes to go from freezer to table, easy taco night vibes but changes it up. Good stuff.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've had decent kick with their meat; their 93/7 basic ground beef is weirdly good and is so full of water that it doesn't dry out when you cook it in a pan, and it's generally cheaper than the 90/10 beef you can get in other stores here.

Their bread gets moldy extremely fast however, so we generally only get it if we're planning to use the whole thing within a day or two.

No issues with the produce here.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We just got our sample station back,but honestly I miss the seasonal display they used to have there. Made it real easy to find threw seasonal poo poo you want.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If yer Joe's has either the peppermint Joe Joe's still or, especially, the peppermint Joe Joe's ice cream you should buy that poo poo and shovel it into your gaping maw like an animal

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
TJs orange juice (added vitamins a&d added, blue carton) is pretty good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We have no need for thread war and Joe would not condone any war at all. The spirit of Joe is one of checking some cool poo poo out and having a good time, you want some of these chocolate covered pretzels? They're pretty good!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For my whole family we do the orange chicken, the veggie fried rice, and a full bag of soycatash. Sometimes I'll mix a few eggs in there too.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My wife just bought some Joe's nog and like okay I can get down with some egg nog around like December 23rd but this poo poo expires on the 12th.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Update: gently caress it I'm just gonna drink this nog

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I just received word that the vegan tikka masala is extremely disappointing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Joe's regular jarred sauces are pretty good, the basil one with the red label is hands-down the best store brand sauce I've ever had, and it's probably better than all but the really high end specialty sauces.

Anyway I can't imagine how TJ sells loaves of bread except to people who can eat a whole loaf in one day or who really need penicillin in exactly 4 days and want make it themselves.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We've gone too far, our ambitions have exceeded god's. We must pay the price.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
And the price we must pay is around $2.99

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AvesPKS posted:

When presented with a choice of how many times to puncture something, do you choose the upper bound or lower? I usually choose upper.

I just stab the poo poo out of it, like a dozen times or more. 3 or 4 times is never enough.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Families with one kid or one older kid and one infant? Childless couples who only want a little for leftovers?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Cheeseburger burrito is vastly improved by cooking in the oven versus nearly any other method. Like moreso than most things.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fartington Butts posted:

Just tried these. They smell hella good, taste a little blander than they smell, and have the texture that is to be expected of a frozen ground-beef product. Eaten with a pile of rice mixed with two plops of TJ's chimichurri and the remainder of a jar of harissa.

B grade. Would lazy dinner again. Definitely needs a sauce of whatever's-in-the-fridge.

We use these when we do Mediterranean/Levantine taco night - a bag of this, a bag of frozen falafel, some tzatziki or other yogurt sauce, sliced up cucubers, and warm pita bread. Good poo poo.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't know if falling to know the distinction in names between various kinds of meat pie really qualifies as much of a problem.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fish Of Doom posted:

So they just started stocking some new product that is literally crushed potato chips, fritos, and peanut butter pretzels all mixed together with melted chocolate and formed into clumps and my god it is super satisfying.

We got these a month or so back. I thought the chocolate wasn't chocolatey enough and the corn chip flavor somehow really overwhelmed the whole thing. They were alright but not quite as fantastic as I wished. They don't hold a candle to the dark chocolate covered pretzel thins.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We haven't had it in a while but my kids lived on a diet that was like 40% Japanese rice (supplemented with some extra veggies and maybe a little chicken cut up in it) for years.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He's friends with Jose, Giotto, and Ming.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MarcusSA posted:

The frozen mini tacos are pretty legit. They need a dipping sauce though

Do one little bowl of salsa authentica, one of sour cream BUT water the sour cream down so the consistency is closer to a smoothie or maybe like a fairly thick soup. Local taco place does that and it makes dipping infinitely easier.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Nah they're straight up like "it's sour cream, we add water to it." But yeah it's pretty much crema.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's basic as gently caress but TJ's genuinely has the best mint chocolate chip ice cream out of anyone. It's phenomenal.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The pumpkin ice cream is kind of nasty.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember like two years ago when a handful of people were like "it kinda sucks that they do racial names on some food" and TJ's said they were already stopping it until Fox made like one comment about it and TJ's immediately backtracked and said they were keeping the names? That was pretty gross.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah they're sick, they just require some planning and then you gotta heat up an oven and poo poo first thing in the morning.

One morning when the kids were at Grandma's I managed to time it perfectly with leaving them on a making sheet in the oven to proof overnight and had the oven timed to turn on and bake a little longer than they call for since it had to heat up. Head downstairs and BAM fresh croissants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Even to a TJ regular a TJ parking lot is a nightmare. gently caress every TJs parking lot.