Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
The Simpler Times lager is the best and cheapest cheap beer out there.

The organic gin is pretty good and cheap, since it's made from corn it's also a little sweet in the same way bourbon can be.

They haven't had the good cheap calvados for a while tho :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Also they have the best price on Cotswold double Gloucester cheese anywhere which is great cuz my toddler fuckin loves the stuff.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
3x post combo

In a bizarre coincidence the Trader Joe's around here with ample parking is the one next to the Harvard (yes, that Harvard) campus just south of the river, where everyone walks or bikes or takes the bus.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I don’t think that’s a coincidence but rather the latter directly causing the former

I don't think I explained it well. Out of all the Trader Joe's near me, the one with the easiest parking setup and the most spaces is the one where less people drive

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Everyone's trashing the frozen isle but TJ's frozen broccoli is the best, nice florets never freezerburned

Also hit up the cheese section for the best price on Cotswold cheese anywhere in the world outside of Cotswold UK.

Also also hit up the booze section for $20 bottle of calvados that tastes like it should cost way more.

My point is that the frozen samosas and the like are a ruse to keep holier-than-thou types out so the rest of us can get baby potatoes and cheap free range eggs

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I have stayed away from Joe's for most produce. I get peppers onions potatoes and that's about it. I go to a Mexican grocery store for most produce and some meats if I want them pre marinated in a butcher shop
They have good apples, pears, and bananas at mine. Good arugula too.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

They have the lemon ice cream now, which is the best ice cream I've ever had.

Yeah I can't believe this kind of ice cream isn't more widely available, wtf???

Also my 3 year old loved the taro ice cream from fall (she was 2 at the time), I hate fall but it will be nice to see her enjoy that again :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

This stuff is dank as hell, don't limit your use to pancakes.

Joe has the syrup hookup. Lots of options, all real maple, all not costing an arm and a nut like it does at a supermarket