Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted:

It's like drinking a scented candle.

The maple oat milk is pretty nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nessus posted:

Y'all still have the kati pouches??
I think they mean the individual shelf stable pouches with dal and tikka vegetables and stuff

mystes
May 31, 2006

They have a new frozen Baingan Bharta and it's probably my favorite indian dish they carry now

Also:

FogHelmut posted:

This stuff is dank as hell, don't limit your use to pancakes.

I don't even know if they still have this, but I bought it before and I really wanted to like it but I hate it :(. I even tried mixing it with normal maple syrups but the flavor is too strong (almost chemical-ish) for me. It's been sitting in my refrigerator and I need to admit defeat and throw it out.

mystes fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 29, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Incremus posted:

Here is another thing that sucks:

Tastes like the fryer oil crunchies you get in the bottom of a Long John Silver cardboard tray, but somehow not in a good way
They also have cauliflower ones which are actually pretty decent imo

mystes
May 31, 2006

Speaking of frozen potato products, I got these "Herbes de Provence Potato Wedges" a couple weeks ago that turned out absolutely fantastic in my air fryer but the next time I went back to trader joes they didn't have them any more :(

I guess they were apparently a limited time thing and they only had them for a couple months which I guess makes me feel happier than trader joes having had them for years and just discontinuing them right after I tried them

I guess I should see if the normal supermarket has something similar. I'm not sure if they were parfried or not.

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 29, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I mean, … potatoes, oil, herb mix, plastic bag, cookie sheet, oven.
The result was much better than I've been able to get just air frying sliced potatoes coated in oil and herbs. The text on the front says "fried potatoes" so I'm guessing they probably are already par-fried, and to get the same result myself I would have to deep fry them (possibly at a lower temperature than normal deep frying like the method for french fries where you fry them twice).

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

I got this cheese and it's pretty good: https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/ivys-reserve-somerset-red-cheese-078393

It's like a very intense cheddar. Unfortunately it's marked as "limited time"

I also tried this: https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/brown-sugar-boba-mochi-076029

It's like daifuku except the filling is extremely mediocre and I wouldn't recommend it