Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
It's fun to post on a website for fun, but if you find yourself obsessively drawn to post about how much the stuff you see in the Cars Are Bad Megathread makes you want to self-harm then that's something you should be telling a friendly professional who is paid to help you understand those feelings, not the other posters in the Cars Are Bad Megathread who are just there to write "I hate cars" and "Cars are gay" as a silly joke :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The four types of car thread posters:

https://twitter.com/ChorpSaway/status/1029909647468060672

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hating cars is objectively correct revolutionary science but mainlining a thread about people being gruesomely murdered by drivers all day is no way to live your life

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
gas car thread

gas covid thread

gas biosphere collapse

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
AI posters talk about how much they like to gently caress car engines and cum in them

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I love my old diesel car vroom vroom clunkclunkclunkclunk

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

gas car thread

gas covid thread

gas biosphere collapse

im going to become the herman cain mod by gassing every thread over three pages long

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Hmm no actually obsessively reading and posting about COVID and the world ecological collapse everyday is good for you and your brain

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

doom ftw

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

my favorite megathreads have talked me out of smoking heroic doses of crack at work countless times so I think theyre a valuable support system

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I started riding a bike again thanks to the car hating thread so it objectively improved my life and health

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im all 4 of those guys

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fortaleza posted:

I love my old diesel car vroom vroom clunkclunkclunkclunk

yeah buddy, me too.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Weka posted:

yeah buddy, me too.

What're you driving? Mine's an '82 240D, it's so slow I can't go onto interstate highways it's great

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Happiness tip: hobbies are good, but I'm a big fan of hobbies that produce something or at least make life a bit smoother. Like my sometimes hobby of doing a rolling restoration on said car. I rarely use it but when I do it's comfy and reliable and there's an extra layer of satisfaction knowing I helped make it that way.

A small example that I've been doing for years now is making my own butter and buttermilk. We have milk delivery here so I get a quart of heavy cream delivered every two weeks, culture it for ~3 days with plain kefir and churn it with a kitchenaid. Makes over a pound of delicious butter and just over a pint of buttermilk. Think of the recipes you know that use butter and imagine them a bit better across the board, that's what you'll end up with.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fortaleza posted:

What're you driving? Mine's an '82 240D, it's so slow I can't go onto interstate highways it's great

Fuuuuuuuck yeah that's as good as it gets.
1990 Nissan Navara 4x4 2 door, '96 Terrano (Pathfinder), the unibody one with the QD32 and I've got a '97 corolla hatch with the 1.5 litre diesel with dual inline turbos, air water intercooler and 3"(?) straight pipe as a project. Oh and a 2wd Navara with the little 2.3 litre engine as a maybe project and another one of those Pathfinders to sell one day. And a couple of junked ~1990 diesel corolla wagons and a townace van to maybe fix.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

Hmm no actually obsessively reading and posting about COVID and the world ecological collapse everyday is good for you and your brain

reading and posting content online all day every day is bad for you no matter what the content is lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

reading and posting content online all day every day is bad for you no matter what the content is lol

this is why I break up my posting sessions with working at my job

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

are you saying media consumption is not a healthy hobby when it's all you do, all day, as evidenced by post history?

and that it's no replacement for real, meaningful relationships based on literally anything other than media consumption or commentary around said media?

hosed up if true

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tempora Mutantur posted:

are you saying media consumption is not a healthy hobby when it's all you do, all day, as evidenced by post history?

and that it's no replacement for real, meaningful relationships based on literally anything other than media consumption or commentary around said media?

that's right

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Megathreads are not a good substitute for friendship
yeah! that's what television, radio, video games, podcasts and internet streamers are for, ya dummies!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ted hitler hunter posted:

yeah! that's what television, radio, video games, podcasts and internet streamers are for, ya dummies!

The weekly time spent watching TV among Baby Boomers in the United States amounted to an average of 2,822 minutes (47 hours and 2 minutes). The average Boomer is probably much happier than you are and you could do worse than imitating them.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Hmmm, but what is the world but one big piece of media to consume?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

mawarannahr posted:

The average Boomer is probably much happier than you are and you could do worse than imitating them.

"Oh look at me I'm a baby boomer, I took out a reverse mortgage to buy a pool table! I don't know how to install a printer! I cook with butter!"

Already feeling happier :)

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Butter ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

"Oh look at me I'm a baby boomer, I took out a reverse mortgage to buy a pool table! I don't know how to install a printer! I cook with butter!"

Already feeling happier :)

you don't cook with butter?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Millennials cant afford butter because someone greased up the ladder after making it to the top.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wrong. Megathread means megafriends.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

olive oil ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

even for eggs?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I had a roommate who didn't grease the pan with anything before he made eggs and he was shocked to find out me and our other roommate cooked eggs with butter. "But it's a non-stick pan!" he cried.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

did you know that you can cook some meals with olive oil and other meals with butter? and some meals you can cook with both?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

especially for eggs imo

butter is better for baking, olive oil for pretty much everything else

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Peanut oil tastes better than olive oil in almost any application, imho. Some people like dipping bread into olive oil but they're deranged because butter is superior there. I think people mostly use olive oil because that's traditional - try out peanut oil spaghetti and find out for yourself!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

you make the bacon first then use the fat for the eggs. it's not rocket science

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

As a follow up to my post above, I apologize to boomers for suggesting that they all own pool tables. I will continue to do better

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

As a follow up to my post above, I apologize to boomers for suggesting that they all own pool tables. I will continue to do better

i would like a pool table in my house but alas i do not have a room i can dedicate entirely to a pool table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I played pool at my BIL's house last week. It's fun and cool, but not something I want to dedicate a room for or need available in my house.

I need the space to build a flight sim cockpit :pilot: