Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are multivitamins a scam?
Yes
No
Goku (who notably does not take a multivitamin)
View Results

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I would recommend lots of Selenium Sulphide, it makes the baby’s teeth translucent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Horny goat weed is all you need.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Regardless of how effective they are, why the gently caress would you choose to swallow a pill when instead you could eat a pair of delicious gummies?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I've had good luck with colloidal silver. My skin has a healthy bluish sheen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Most people are deficient in some way in some sort of Vitamin.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Is the multiverse a scam?"

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.tasciences.com/buy-ta65.html

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.c60evo.com/benefits/

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Most people are deficient in some way in some sort of Vitamin.

lol big npc energy from this post

code:
Hollismason: I've heard most people are deficient in some way in some sort of [Vitamin]. I'd ask [Marta] at [Vitamix Health Shop] for more information.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hey remember like a decade ago when goons were talking about taking zinc and l arginine to make lots of cum and there was a whole thread dedicated to it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Depends, OP. Something like half of the population in northern Europe is vitamin D deficient during the winter season. If you live somewhere in the north you can of course do all that spiel with the doctor and blood tests and health insurance claims and so on and then get told to spend more time in the sun around noon with your skin exposed and then when you explain that you have a loving job and it's below zero outside and the sun hasn't been out in weeks, then begrudgingly get told to take a vitamin D supplement. Or you can just skip all that crap and just take the supplement directly

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm not joking there was a whole thread about taking l arginine and zinc to make big cums

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hollismason posted:

I'm not joking there was a whole thread about taking l arginine and zinc to make big cums

More than one.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
1 - https://books.google.com/books?id=a2-bM1NysU8C&pg=PA1
2 - https://quackwatch.org/11ind/lee/
3 - https://www.standardprocess.com/

1 - Book written by dentist in the 1940's in attempt to sound scientific but in fact was completely made up, in order to sell weird supplements made of the ashes of blast-furnaced animal organs.
2 - Quackwatch report on said dentist.
3 - Current website of company that still operates to this day selling the dentist's made up garbage tablets of animal organ ash. It is usually peddled by chiropractors but some of it can be found on Amazon.

Fun and interesting stuff! :)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve been hooking your mom up with some high-potency D op :grin:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyways vitamins are for when you have a dietary deficiency. Taking vitamins when you are healthy doesn’t do a drat thing. People want that healthy health poo poo, and there’s just no healthier than healthy. That’s the real scam, is this sort of super health poo poo they peddling. Take pills when you don’t need them, etc. Nah, you’re just being a manic idiot, teeth grinding while you blend veggies made for dinosaur teeth so you can choke it back with a despondent, dead look behind your eyes while your chin wrinkles in protest of your forced optimistic health monger :airquote: grin.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’ve been hooking your mom up with some high-potency D op :grin:

See now his mom probably has a vitamin D deficiency, so this is where vitamins would help out. :hmmyes:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The idea of a multivitamin is just kind of bunk, if you need to take all the vitamins, that means your diet is primarily nutrient deficient poop. If you are eating any food that isn’t poop you probably only need 1 or 2 vitamins, tops. :munch:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

If you rearrange the thread title it becomes

Multivitamins are a scam

Makes you think

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I take them. There are some things that you might not get every day that you should so it's nice to have a way to round out stuff, even if it's not 100% bioavailable and absorbed. I'm also a bodybuilder so it's important to make sure you get enough of what your body wants all the time.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hollismason posted:

Hey remember like a decade ago when goons were talking about taking zinc and l arginine to make lots of cum and there was a whole thread dedicated to it
we never stopped taking ZMA and blasting ropey loads

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Anyways vitamins are for when you have a dietary deficiency. Taking vitamins when you are healthy doesn’t do a drat thing. People want that healthy health poo poo, and there’s just no healthier than healthy. That’s the real scam, is this sort of super health poo poo they peddling. Take pills when you don’t need them, etc. Nah, you’re just being a manic idiot, teeth grinding while you blend veggies made for dinosaur teeth so you can choke it back with a despondent, dead look behind your eyes while your chin wrinkles in protest of your forced optimistic health monger :airquote: grin.

this is multivitamins not traditional medicine. You take the arginine for the big cums, not ground up dinosaur teeth to roar like a dinosaur :haibrow:

naem
May 29, 2011

Doc Fission posted:

I mostly just eat meat and rice left to my own devices. It's not terribly responsible and also I am turning 31 soon so I need to take better care of myself.

just like, open a can of peas and add half to your rice. you don’t even have to cook them, just add to hot rice and then put your meat juice on top.

boom vegetables

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you dont like vegetables just add butter until their good

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

the average american gets 0mg of colloidal silver in their diet, and if you're living off of meat and rice this almost certainly includes you as well, op. this is what you should be worrying about.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I eat a rich diet consisting of cheeseburgers fries and mayonnaise and never needed any multivitamin

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You should be getting all your vitamins from food not pills. However if you eat well and still have a deficiency, it’s ok to take a supplement as directed by your dr.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

go ham on yams

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

See now his mom probably has a vitamin D deficiency, so this is where vitamins would help out. :hmmyes:

im gorl

naem posted:

just like, open a can of peas and add half to your rice. you don’t even have to cook them, just add to hot rice and then put your meat juice on top.

boom vegetables

This is the worst advice that has been presented in this thread. Peas!?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Prof. Crocodile posted:

the average american gets 0mg of colloidal silver in their diet, and if you're living off of meat and rice this almost certainly includes you as well, op. this is what you should be worrying about.

I will be working on this.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the only supplement that isn't a scam is fish oil and honestly you could just eat fish man. it's not that bad

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Devils Affricate posted:

Regardless of how effective they are, why the gently caress would you choose to swallow a pill when instead you could eat a pair of delicious gummies?

This is what I do and I probably do it just because I like the delicious gummies.

I told my doctor I take a daily multivitamin and he said "why?" so I'm guessing the general public does not need them

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if they did work i'd rather take one that only have 50% the daily value or whatever

it seems weird to think that it'd be healthier to take 100% of everything in pill form in addition to however much you take in otherwise every single day

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
just eat fish you dumb fucker eat it every loving day also eat 10 slices of bread, rice, nut varieties, 4 dairy products, lots of leafy green vegetables, weird color vegetables, shove it all in your mouth every day

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

I told my doctor I take a daily multivitamin and he said "why?" so I'm guessing the general public does not need them
of course your GP would say that he or she is part of BIG PHARMA trying to keep you week and weaned off powerful MULTIVITAMINS

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Eat a bowl of healthy Froot Loops each day for good health. It’s loaded with vitamins!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Eat a bowl of healthy Froot Loops each day for good health. It’s loaded with vitamins!

they make fruit loop waffles now so you can finally shove cereal and waffles down your throat at the same time and it's not weird and you get all the vitamins you need to start your busy day

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elentor posted:

I eat a rich diet consisting of cheeseburgers fries and mayonnaise and never needed any multivitamin

Yeah it’s like, the meat eats all that other crap already. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

the only supplement that isn't a scam is fish oil and honestly you could just eat fish man. it's not that bad

You could just manually lube up you’re rear end in a top hat too, same effect. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

multivitamins just make really expensive pee. I mean I guess there’s someone who would buy multivitamin piss but why do that when you can make your own?

But if you want a serious answer most people who are able to obtain and eat nutritionally sufficient amounts of protein, veggies, fruit, fats, and carbs don’t need a multivitamin. Some folks may need a specific vitamin (b12, d2, d3, calcium, and iron are some common ones) due to a health condition or disease state. Like my iron levels are super hosed and I’ll need to take supplements the rest of my life no matter how much red meat I could eat.

Also multivitamins in the states don’t fall under FDA guidelines, so there’s no rigid standards for purity, ie that they’re not bulking out fillers with sawdust or not cross-contaminating batches. There was a class action lawsuit in NY about a decade ago because people taking a multivitamin got secondary sex characteristics from the factory making hormone supplements in the same machines and not properly cleaning them. I think the worst instance are these multivitamin drops for newborn infants where the actual amount of iron was a lot higher, like dangerously high.