Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kinda weak. The Chargers will have 7 primetime games.

Bit surprised they didn't do Eagles/Giants or Jets/Bills, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No it definitely mentions the word “Broncos” who should be banned from not only prime time but tv in general for the rest of the year

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
More and bigger Broncos LOLs as the season goes on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Too many primetime games

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1597770305052688384?t=oiW8cMkZj94H9f9OENqbSQ&s=19

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Kenny Golladay is soooooo gone.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Good loving riddance to Robbie Anderson

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonz posted:

Kenny Golladay is soooooo gone.

Best move of Brad Holmes' career so far. :laffo:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ravens playing 4D chess - can’t be hurt by a WR cap hit if you don’t have any receivers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ozymandius1024 posted:

Don't talk about future Raven Robbie Anderson like that*

*If he turns 30 before the season

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The way this is worded makes Schefter sound like he's mad about MahomesKC getting flexed

ozymandius1024 posted:

:hmmyes:

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Shinji2015 posted:

The way this is worded makes Schefter sound like he's mad about MahomesKC getting flexed

And that the QBs replacing him are dogshit. No argument from me that the chargers are getting too many prime time games tho

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I think this is fine, it's just weird exactly how many Sunday Night games the Chargers are getting while being the Chargers.

They're like...I don't know. They really should be good (perpetual injuries are a problem) and they're fun to watch. But they're not actually all that good. They have the same record as the Pats who are poison to watch unless you like pain.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I think this is fine, it's just weird exactly how many Sunday Night games the Chargers are getting while being the Chargers.

They're like...I don't know. They really should be good (perpetual injuries are a problem) and they're fun to watch. But they're not actually all that good. They have the same record as the Pats who are poison to watch unless you like pain.

Yeah that sums up the Chargers.

Herbert is pretty good tho

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Chargers are in pretty much every game and have Herbie, whereas the Patriots are playing a plodding unfun sort of football and have McCorkle. I would choose to watch the former over the latter ten times out of ten

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Basically Belichick is good enough to take a team that’s mostly rear end and get it to win some games, while Staley is dumb enough to cause a good team to lose games it shouldn’t.

The 2pt try on Sunday was rad though

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I feel that it's got to be about the end of the line with Keenan Allen if releasing him can realize that much in cap savings.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
pls don’t deprive herbie of what weapons he does have

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

pls don’t deprive herbie of what weapons he does have

For 6 games a year*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

For 6 games a year*

He's played like 16 games a year every year since 2017 until the hamstring injury this year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: oops misread

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i think the bigger issues is the good chargers receivers are just slow possession guys, there's no really solid speed guy to push the defense which is a shame since herbie has a loving cannon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i think the bigger issues is the good chargers receivers are just slow possession guys, there's no really solid speed guy to push the defense which is a shame since herbie has a loving cannon

This is more accurate.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What a jabroni

https://twitter.com/thepantherswire/status/1597932678115999745?s=46&t=KIu9iWx6_GdTmdGYrMKeCg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's was right

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The Panthers were picking in spots that didn't have great QBs? 2020 the next QB picked was Love and they picked immediately after Herbert & Tua. 2021 the next QBs were Fields & Mac Jones. And this years QB class was awful.

They were trying to win now and would have had to draft a project QB with where they were drafting.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
the panthers got the best QB of the draft class! he's just hurt

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

syzpid posted:

The Panthers were picking in spots that didn't have great QBs? 2020 the next QB picked was Love and they picked immediately after Herbert & Tua. 2021 the next QBs were Fields & Mac Jones. And this years QB class was awful.

They were trying to win now and would have had to draft a project QB with where they were drafting.

Fields owns, OP

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

syzpid posted:

I largely agree with this.

The main thing is that Rhule is straight up saying he wasn't making the draft picks which was absolutely true, especially in 2021. Hell, he even joked that he drafted Hubbard because his wife told him to.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I mean it sounds like his wife was the GM, then

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I want them to include Justin Jefferson on this, just so they have to extend the y-axis

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

latinotwink1997 posted:

I want them to include Justin Jefferson on this, just so they have to extend the y-axis

Tyreek is on it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Hizawk posted:

Tyreek is on it.

wow I just looked it up and they are basically having an identical season, with more YAC for JJettas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's insane.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hizawk posted:

Tyreek is on it.

Last I’d heard, JJ was on track for the first 2k+ season, implying a graph that needs to include 2000-2500.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1598011778705010691

Draft Day was a documentary.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1598008572499066896

Same buddy, same.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Didn't the douche QB also came from Wisconsin in that movie?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I mean, without knowing how far ahead it was planned, how common is it for most/all of the team to show up to these kind of events during the season? Feels like a non-story to me.

I think a more damning statement would be "hardly anyone on the offense showed up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is the expectation that EVERYONE should have showed up? That seems dumb.