Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
a while back i had to part ways with my nice, broken in leatherman wingman because I’m a huge baby idiot and brought it to o’hare with me by mistake and we already checked our bags. replaced it with the wave + and on paper i suppose it’s the better tool but i miss my old one.

thanks for yyour time. cya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i get joy out of how

becuase i like how

#blessed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao ceramic knives. yeah right. what’s next? glass spatulas????

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

you can just buy a new knife from Target

i just walk in with my hosed up knives and swap them out with new ones on the shelves. this one time what I thought were new knives turned out to be some of my other old ones from a previous trip to the store. boy was i pissed when i got home.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Used to be at the shipyard anyone (regardless of employer) could go into the tool shop, drop their knife in a big barrel and pick up a new or sharpened one. Turns out it's less expensive than risking people faffing about with dull knives and hurting themselves. e: I mean, still might be. It's been over 20 years since I built ships.

did you have to reach into a different barrel for a sharp one? sounds fun and dangerous.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

It’s your day in the barrel

:hmmyes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

while you were out partying i rummaged for blades

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

got an example video? id watch 20 whetstones

knife sharpening videos own.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my favorite is the mymechanics dude. found him a few years ago and his stuff is always top notch.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah mymechanics and hand tool rescue are the ones I’ve watched a lot of. gonna check out this one rotor linked tonight.

sometimes I’ll check out the johnnies-come-lately to the restoration world and some of them are so half assed.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao i bet all of your flathead screwdrivers also aren’t bent and chipped because you didn’t desperately use them as pry bars. lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tk posted:

Not desperately. More out of laziness.

ugh, same tbh. forgot that i use them for chisels sometimes too. :blush:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

the best demo screwdrivers have hex shanks so you can put a wrench on it to turn it harder

love to crank on my shank

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

my wallet disagrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i used to by snap on and matco occasionally when I worked in a garage. they made it way too easy to go into debt—they’d even set up direct withdrawal from your paycheck.