Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Getting by with crummy tools for ages and then upgrading to good tools = literally the best feeling ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

tk posted:

Here’s my package opening load out.

First is this safety cutter thing. Open boxes with reckless abandon. No exposed blades to cut you or the poo poo inside the box. Also good for envelops and getting through cardboard backing.

A Cricut weeder tool. Handy for getting shrink wrap off a thing without damaging the thing. Also handy for prying poo poo out of jenga box packaging.

I don’t know what these are. I otherwise call them my zip tie cutters. These are the least awkward way of getting through plastic packaging I’ve got. I’m sure there’s better though.

Wha. Just buy a Swiss army knife and put that stuff in a drawer.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jonny 290 posted:

swiss army knives, man

domain of 11 and 65 year old nerds

everybody in between has better taste

:coolslime:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I think they're neat plus no-one freaks out if you whip out a swiss army knife

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Sawstop Salesman of the Year flopping his dong into the sawblade.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lmfao what

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Nice wood dude

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
You can wedge a block or stand in between the bent plates.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I found the term I was looking for. It's for holding the soldering board/block.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I use the cardboard off the back of a notepad as a strop. Not ideal at all, but with compound it will still get a knife razor sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Silver Alicorn posted:

uh went from basic “made a knife out of wood” content to using dolls in a way I found pretty creepy, idk

Eh whatev--

Cat Face Joe posted:

converted to catholicism

:dogstare: