Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

rotor posted:

i get around this by just using js, css and images and none of the other crap

how are you avoiding html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Jonny 290 posted:

The brushless setups are sick but i still have fear of vendor lock-in and i KNOW for a FACT that the month after i spend $500 on brushless tools that the line will be discontinued and I'll be hosed. 120v 60hz is always there.

jonny admiring his vendor-agnostic, never obsolete, all-purpose tool set

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

tools i would like to have but never will because holy gently caress they are too expensive to buy for fun:

https://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/linkiq-cable-and-network-tester

for about $2.5k you can have a sweet rear end network diagnostic handheld!

i did manage to snag an old barebones model off ebay that will at least confirm link/dhcp/PoE though, and apparently now internet connectivity too--back when i bought it whatever server they hard-coded for testing was down, but apparently someone revived it

oldjob had this crazy hardware tcpdump unit that i wish i knew the name of. similar form factor to an oscilloscope, you plug in ethernet at either end and the screen displays a running log of packet details on a terminal-esque screen. archaic af but very badass

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

VSOKUL girl posted:

tools i would like to have but never will because holy gently caress they are too expensive to buy for fun:

https://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/linkiq-cable-and-network-tester

update: well, not that, but did find a https://www.flukenetworks.com/datacom-cabling/copper-testing/MicroScanner-Cable-Verifier on ebay with major cosmetic damage (read: the entire top plastic bit is missing) for $280

gently caress it that's repair-able enough (ideally i find some 3D printer friends who can make something better than me just wrapping it in electrical tape) that im getting one. gonna diagnose the poo poo out of the hack job google fiber techs did on the cabling to my unit

that keystone may be rated CAT6 but that length of exposed pairs sure af aint. it'll _usually_ do gigabit media but if you touch it it dies and flaps constantly unless you force it to 10/100

i am channeling the spirit of the large polish-american man who kept my alma mater's ethernet wiring clean and up to speed, even though the actual network design was completely batshit (that's more of a "college started doing internet back when you got assigned an entire class C and has made odd decisions since" issue though)