Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

[ASK] me about the time i spent like 8 hours sweating and swearing trying to pull a bearing from a motorcycle wheel using every combination of the wrong tools i had, then finally gave up and drove to harbor freight and got a 30 dollar slide hammer, then came back and popped it out in literally 20 seconds.

even cheap tools can be great when they're the right tool for the job.

me when i was trying to compress the rear brake pistons on a dodge caravan

you gotta apply pressure while twisting the piston at the same time because it's a threaded piston for some reason?? doing it without the correct tool took me hours and a lot of busted knuckles and hand cramps. rented the tool next time i had to do it and it took 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fart simpson posted:

ever try to remove screws from wood with your bare hands? its funny how that works. a tool fit for purpose sometimes actually makes a job easier

"gently caress that, i am sure i can cobble something together using the poo poo i have in the garage instead" - a complete fool

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i keep a giant old metal bodied corded drill specifically for using with a cement mixing attachment. it always surprises me how much power it has

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

you mean Robertson, of course.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1DXea-x0s4

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

distortion park posted:

that thing will attract drinks and crumbs even faster than a real blackhole

dont doxx me

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

one day a week I work at a dying pharmacy which is actually now closing and I have calls dibs on this

i love those old buttons

i have a vintage sharp calculator with a green VFD and it is a joy to use

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

sounds like you need a pipe wrench wrench then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the coarse side is meant to only be used to get a very badly abused knife edge full of dents and nicks back to a regular shape. it's very abrasive and removes a lot of material. the fine side is what you use to get the edge. i have a lansky one like that and it gets my knife sharp enough for 90% of kitchen stuff. it's not as sharp as what you see on those insane videos where they go through 20 different grit whetstones because that is absurd.