Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Captain Foo posted:

what is a dead blow hammer for

if your ball-peen game goes wrong, you swap to a dead blow hammer to get rid of the body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I also have a long runner; a Victorinox Hiker, bought fourteen years ago and still holding up really well. These things are built to last, truly

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

President Beep posted:

i just walk in with my hosed up knives and swap them out with new ones on the shelves. this one time what I thought were new knives turned out to be some of my other old ones from a previous trip to the store. boy was i pissed when i got home.

is this the fabled sigma grindset

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I don't have a photo of it in use yet, but I bought myself a hand-crafted gouge for linocut and it just arrived. I'm doing a new project which is going to require me to do a lot of precise dots and it just so happens i found someone making the exact tool for the job.

(i got the first one from the right)

armpit_enjoyer fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 27, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Already did, and I got a whole huge rear end thing of mineral oil for the stone while I was at it. Gonna have so much fun poking holes

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

closest thing I have for you is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9dOHRDb3c

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Sagebrush posted:

looking at tape measures on amazon

SO MANY reviews complaining that the metal hook is loose

going back to this for a moment because I mentioned this to my spouse and both of us are puzzled. Every tape measure we have in the house had a fixed metal hook. Are they loose in America for some reason? If so, why?

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I thought you people were gaslighting me so I actually went and checked. Either I haven't noticed the hooks being loose all my life, or I have been mandela effected into a parallel reality. Because I am never wrong and always competent, I am leaning towards the latter possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Stop that. It's a Sunday. One dramatic realignment of reality is plenty for a Sunday.