Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

what's the line on tools here, like is a chainsaw or a two wheel tractor allowed

might be more "equipment" than "tool" idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

chainsaws rule. i wish i had an excuse to use one more often. feeling it pull itself into the cut is magic

stihl msa 200 battery chainsaw is amazing:
- electric, so when its not cutting it's completely off and its got good weight
- its really well balanced and feels like you're cutting with a scalpel. also no vibration since its electric
- plenty strong for anything that you'd want to do yourself as opposed to hiring an arborist. cleared about an acre of 4-8" gorse trees with this lil guy, have also cut down some 12" logs with multiple cuts
- battery only runs out when its time for you to take a break anyway, but with two batteries on rotation you can go continuously if you really want
- toolless disassembly for clearing or adjusting the chain tightness, sharpening is ez with their file guide. had it a couple years now but im stihl on the original chain using some generic chain oil

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

assuming its not big you could wing it with a reciprocating saw or something

e: but if its at the edge of the property youll want to strap it down or something so it doesn't fall on the fence or smth

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Eeyo posted:

yeah i've got a fiskars saw like that that i chopped down the other smaller trees around the house. the big one is just a bit over 6" and probably 10-15' tall so i'll think about trying it out myself. i think the only problem is that they really need herbicide applied to the stump immediately after felling because they produce lots of suckers. so i'd have to get through the trunk within like 5-10 minutes so the vascular part of the trunk is fresh enough to suck up the herbicide.

if it's looking close i imagine you can just recut another chunk off the stump after you've gotten the tree down. did this a lot with painting gorse stumps with glyphosate and seemed to work with that anyway

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the karcher window vac, via the wv6 kit. we got it because this place has these big floor to ceiling windows and i didnt want to spend a bunch of time cleaning them. with this thing it took me a few minutes to start getting consistently clean and streak-free windows, with the project done in a few minutes or so. now i wonder if it'll work on other stuff like the inside of the van windshield

- spray window liberally with spray bottle
- wipe it around a bit using the brush half of the spray bottle, get the spray to an even coat
- run the vacuum across it in columns. if you notice a hair or something caught in the rubber blade then wipe it off with your finger real quick before resuming

probably works best if it's cloudy or if the window is in the shade, so that the spray doesn't dry up too quickly

haven't been using it very long so idk how often you need blade replacements or whatever, but they do carry them

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

which temple do you need to beat to get the triforce bandsaw

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i just use a python console

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

🤯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

spoons are for prying, knives are for cleaning dirt out of the gaps between decking