Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

who is this for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

EmbryoSteve posted:

who is this for?

my mommy

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

I'm not saying it looks good, because it absolutely does not. But I've definitely watched worse.

I'm just glad they didn't repeat the obvious mistakes of "that 80s show" tbh.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

pencilhands posted:

why do people keep watching netflix

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jelly posted:

When "Hyde" was accused, a friend of mine posted an article about it except instead of being a rational human being, her comment was stanning for Masterson suggesting the girls were liars trying to make a buck.

It was so repulsive I couldn't hold my tongue and basically asked her to confirm she was doing what I thought she was doing and she absolutely became unhinged. This girl was super sweet and quiet, if not a little dependent; I had never seen any kind of reaction like that before. Anyway, that was that. Danny Masterson was responsible for the end of a friendship.

Celebrity worship is loving crazy.

Scientologists are not to be trusted under any circumstances. Yes, that includes Will Smith, and yes that includes Will Smith's family.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jelly posted:

When "Hyde" was accused, a friend of mine posted an article about it except instead of being a rational human being, her comment was stanning for Masterson suggesting the girls were liars trying to make a buck.

It was so repulsive I couldn't hold my tongue and basically asked her to confirm she was doing what I thought she was doing and she absolutely became unhinged. This girl was super sweet and quiet, if not a little dependent; I had never seen any kind of reaction like that before. Anyway, that was that. Danny Masterson was responsible for the end of a friendship.

Still weird to see him in Face/Off, playing a sex criminal. His brother was cool in Malcolm in the Middle though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

90s show looks mediocre but not so bad it deserved a callout thread, I think.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

You Are A Elf posted:

That sure is a stupid looking thing. (*turns on monitor*)

At least Kitty and Red still look great.

They both aged like wine. They don't even SOUND older. Good for them.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Real dedication to the role. She went out just like Laurie would.

Basically. :smith:

Edmund Sparkler posted:

90s show looks mediocre but not so bad it deserved a callout thread, I think.

Yeah, isn't that what the couch chat thread in TVIV is for?

edit:

Jelly posted:

Holy poo poo, what a shame.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

By popular demand posted:

I wasn't a 70s watcher but I got the impression that the kids were the big attraction of the show not the parents.

So as much as I'm pleased to see Curtwood Smith getting roles that trailer was a big WHAT for me.

If you haven’t already seen it, he has an excellent role on the show Patriot.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
“No it’s not a pay phone, it’s a PORTABLE phone!!!”

That joke from That 80s Show was so good they put it in every single promo and commercial. Over and over and over.

Kinda funny multiple folks from there ended up on Always Sunny.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i did not click play but im going to assume it was bad because: why

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i liked that 70s show at the time of airing, probably because i was a kid, but the truth is tghat is sucked rear end. sorry knot fuckre

wait is that his name
I thought it meant something else

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Sorry for not putting this in my original post, but is it just me or were none of their clothes '90s at all? :raise: I mean, I was born in 1987, so maybe they were wearing clothing exclusively from 1990 and 1991 or something, I don't know.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

YeahTubaMike posted:

Sorry for not putting this in my original post, but is it just me or were none of their clothes '90s at all? :raise: I mean, I was born in 1987, so maybe they were wearing clothing exclusively from 1990 and 1991 or something, I don't know.

I didnt see any JNCO jeans you're right

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Erika Foreman puts on her The Dog tee shirt and listens to Letters to Cleo.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EmbryoSteve posted:

Or Mossimo shirts.

Remember Mossimo?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hyrax Attack! posted:

If you haven’t already seen it, he has an excellent role on the show Patriot.

Yes! I was so happy he got some good screen time. Great show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EmbryoSteve posted:

I. M. Gei posted:

Or Mossimo shirts.

Remember Mossimo?

Or one of those shirts with Looney Tunes characters dressed like rappers

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Nobody on the show is going to weigh over 300 pounds.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maybe Netflix will have them all gently caress or something. Oh wait, that was on the original show.

I mean, show them loving. First x-rated Netflix show. Might be worth a watch wank.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe Netflix will have them all gently caress or something. Oh wait, that was on the original show.

I mean, show them loving. First x-rated Netflix show. Might be worth a watch wank.

stephen king co-wrote some episodes in the first season so this may just happen.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Tato posted:

“No it’s not a pay phone, it’s a PORTABLE phone!!!”

That joke from That 80s Show was so good they put it in every single promo and commercial. Over and over and over.

Kinda funny multiple folks from there ended up on Always Sunny.

My god that clip is still burned into my brain. It doesn't deserve to be there, especially considering that show flamed out so goddamn fast.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i liked that 70s show at the time of airing, probably because i was a kid, but the truth is tghat is sucked rear end. sorry knot fuckre

that was a youtube comment.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm not seeing a single bowl cut, frosted tips, or Kurt Cobain shoulder-length either.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I graduated from high school in 1998 and aside from one of the girls wearing flannel and maybe the granddaughter wearing a Clarissa Explains It All dress in the beginning, those were some generic-rear end nineteen-something-something clothes. Same with the hairstyles.

But I guess backwards baseball cap = ‘90s! :shrug:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yes! I was so happy he got some good screen time. Great show.

I think pound for pound, his Clarence Boddicker nudges out Hans Gruber for best 80s villain. And Gruber is a 10/10 bad guy.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Needs more No Fear clothing.

I would love to know how Kurtwood Smith and Deborah Jo Rupp somehow stopped the aging process without looking like wax figures

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
That 90s No, thanks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MakaVillian posted:

Needs more No Fear clothing.

I would love to know how Kurtwood Smith and Deborah Jo Rupp somehow stopped the aging process without looking like wax figures

Good clean living bro

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh god, you hit memories I've completely forgot about. I also remember Tweety Bird being hot poo poo amongst girls from Elementary to High School. I never understood it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Do you guys think by the time they get to that 20s show it will be about people in 2020 watching a show about 2010 watching a show about 90s watching a show about the 60s watching a show about the 70s?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Needs more JNCOs

I grew up watching 70's show and really loved it, but when I tried to go back and watch it I realized I can't watch TV shows with laugh tracks anymore and i imagine this wouldn't be any different, regardless of any other quality.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Are these kids the kids of the original kids? And are they smoking weed at grandpas house? Wow

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

YeahTubaMike posted:

At least one of those kids needs a pierced eyebrow they did themselves that is all red and puffy.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Nary a stitch of Hypercolor shirts to be found, how sad.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

there is no way that this show could create the beautiful love that Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis share

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
The kids look straight out of a 2000s Nickelodeon comedy

girl befriender
Sep 22, 2014

by vyelkin
better be an episode of one of them throwing up on a human gyroscope.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I am so glad the cast of the All That reboot got work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Me and my best buddy watched so loving much of that 70s show, but that was because we'd be high as balls. We tried sober and quickly realised it's not good.