Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

i really hope this show is a smash success and runs the full decade and into the 2000s so we can see them all experience 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bad Purchase posted:

i really hope this show is a smash success and runs the full decade and into the 2000s so we can see them all experience 9/11

It happens while they're stoned in the basement and they use the circle cam and they dont cut the laugh track.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Robocop guy looking good.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Aren't there already a ton of shows that fill the same niche of 90s nostalgia? Just go back and rewatch good shows of the decade. King of the Hill is incredibly 90s.

Bad Purchase posted:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Borscht posted:

Robocop guy looking good.

everyone keeps saying this but i must be blind or something, all i see is a nearly 80 year old man caked in makeup who seemingly can't stand up straight and has a distended gut

let that geriatric corpse rest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

GolfHole posted:

everyone keeps saying this but i must be blind or something, all i see is a nearly 80 year old man caked in makeup who seemingly can't stand up straight and has a distended gut

Your monitor is off.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Your monitor is off.

lol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dang lol not again

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

My god that clip is still burned into my brain. It doesn't deserve to be there, especially considering that show flamed out so goddamn fast.

Same. The one good thing I remember about the show was the casting of Geoff Pierson. Dude is solid in just about everything he's in.

I also just remembered the time someone tweeted to Glenn Howerton about how they tracked down That '80s Show and were looking forward to watching it.

Howerton responded with, "You sure about that?"

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

GolfHole posted:

i think the trompe-l'oeil to his looks is that even when he had hair, like 45% of his face is that el capitan forehead, too taut to ever really wrinkle

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I liked that 70's show as a teenager. I have not revisited it. I am thinking that it would be a bad idea.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
watch classical music

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The 70s show actors being in The Ranch was enough of a throwback, Netflix, you don't have to do this.

Anyway I wonder how many of these will show up since Fuller House was somewhat successful. They did mst3k comeback as well which was... okay, not as good as original but there were some instant classics in there.

What's next Man Meets World???

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Secret World of Alex Mack is coming back soon, I swear.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Dixville posted:

What's next Man Meets World???

8 years ago https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Meets_World

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

there is no way that this show could create the beautiful love that Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis share

Another successful hollywood grooming story

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Good clean living bro

No way Kurtwood Smith wasn't a hard drinker at some point in his life, look at him!

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

I. M. Gei posted:

Or Mossimo shirts.

Remember Mossimo?
5th grade rumors: "If you look closely, Stussy is actually written as 'pussy.' The company is trying to trick people in wearing shirts that say 'pussy,' and only gays wear shirts like that because they want other dudes to know they are gay!!"

YeahTubaMike posted:

Or one of those shirts with Looney Tunes characters dressed like rappers
Taz was on everything. Taz was life.

Howard Beale posted:

The kids look straight out of a 2000s Nickelodeon comedy
How much molestation can we expect then?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

MakaVillian posted:

No way Kurtwood Smith wasn't a hard drinker at some point in his life, look at him!

As president of the United Federation of Planets, he probably had access to some of the best medical care this side of the Neutral Zone.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
How long until we get "House Jr."? Or "The OC: Back on the County" or "Glee: But Slightly More Offensive"

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Alf Reloaded

Mammals (the follow up to Dinosaurs)

Perfect Strangers: Balki's Revenge

Extremier Ghostbusters

Family Ties: Generations

Hey Dude Again!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TelevisedInsanity posted:

How long until we get "House Jr."?

House is already a sequel to the late 1980s hit show Doogie Houser.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

syntaxfunction posted:

The Secret World of Alex Mack is coming back soon, I swear.

We'll get The Secret World of Allison Mack instead

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

You Are A Elf posted:

Alf Reloaded

Mammals (the follow up to Dinosaurs)

Perfect Strangers: Balki's Revenge

Extremier Ghostbusters

Family Ties: Generations

Hey Dude Again!

Extended Family Matters - we get to meet all 8 Urkelings birthed from Steve and Laura Winslow

Day By Day - Step By Step but it's everyone coming together years later after cousin Cody dies of a fentanyl overdose

Are You Afraid of Adulting? - instead of horror stories around a campfire, it's office workers telling horror stories of their daily lives under their awful boss Sardo (no Mister, accent on the DO)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PITY BONER posted:

Taz was on everything. Taz was life.

Taz and Sylvester, in my experience.

bucksmash posted:

Extended Family Matters - we get to meet all 8 Urkelings birthed from Steve and Laura Winslow

Steve and Laura's relationship has not even come CLOSE to aging well enough for a Family Matters reboot.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

As president of the United Federation of Planets, he probably had access to some of the best medical care this side of the Neutral Zone.

What alien species was “White Guy in The Fiendish Plot of Dr Fu Manchu Costume”?

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Shame, none of the kids they cast are very charismatic at all. No J.O. material at all. Hell, I could still rub one out to Donna's red bra strap. :allears:

Just dump the kids and rebrand the show to "Red and Kitty: The 90s"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 3, 2022

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Slayerjerman posted:

Shame, none of the kids they cast are very charismatic at all. No J.O. material at all. Hell, I could still rub one out to Donna's red bra strap. :allears:

uh

what the gently caress

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

pencilhands posted:

uh

what the gently caress

Derpies snuck back in.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Slayerjerman posted:

Nope.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Slayerjerman posted:

Dumbass.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

Derpies snuck back in.

why, you tuggin?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I know you all are fine, upstanding SA citizens but just to reiterate do not ever "joke" like our soon to be former colleague there did

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Can’t wait for the hilarious hijinks of them looking at a magic eye!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Slayerjerman posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:eyepop:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watch That 80s show instead.

It's got a young Glenn Howerton (Always Sunny)

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADF3254ED1CEF14C

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Still weird to see him in Face/Off, playing a sex criminal. His brother was cool in Malcolm in the Middle though.

That's a different Masterson brother. Christopher Masterson.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
wtf Curtwood Smith is dead

I'm certain he's dead

I remember mourning him and doing a lot of "bitches leave" jokes

HE'S ALIVE?!

edit: HIS NAME IS KURTWOOD?!!

credburn fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 3, 2022

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Maybe Curtwood Smith is dead, I don't know.

Kurtwood Smith, otoh, is very alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
This reminds me that sometimes you should never go back to watch movies you watched as a kid because my god is Space Jam so loving awful