Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Actually, Space Jam owns. No I havent watched it since childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sad question posted:

the new Aqua Teen movie's intro was the best Space Jam movie

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

There's a new trailer:

https://youtu.be/F36HBFGxWkg

I feel bad for the old actors.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i want to hear the laugh track people watch atrocities. will they still laugh? will they groan? will they hurriedly try to leave?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’m glad they kept a token minority in the ensemble

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I remember when they gave Kurtwood Smith and the rest of the cast of "That 70s Show" brand new Xbox 360 "swag bags" and doggamnit I was so mad.

Here I was standing in line for 10 hours in freezing rain at the Toys R Us like a dang shmoe and mf Red Foreskin gets a brand new Platinum Edition. Guy's stiff, geriatric hands probably couldn't even hold a controller and there is NO WAY he could appreciate Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero like I could. Bet he never even got to the upside down castle, and coulsont even call himself a Gamer....

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kiminewt posted:

There's a new trailer:

https://youtu.be/F36HBFGxWkg

I feel bad for the old actors.

Lol this trailer reeks of desperation

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I remember when they gave Kurtwood Smith and the rest of the cast of "That 70s Show" brand new Xbox 360 "swag bags" and doggamnit I was so mad.

Here I was standing in line for 10 hours in freezing rain at the Toys R Us like a dang shmoe and mf Red Foreskin gets a brand new Platinum Edition. Guy's stiff, geriatric hands probably couldn't even hold a controller and there is NO WAY he could appreciate Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero like I could. Bet he never even got to the upside down castle, and coulsont even call himself a Gamer....

He probably gave it to his grandkids op

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
If Red doesn’t say Bitches Leave to his grandkids I’ll be upset

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

sad question posted:

Don't watch the new one, it's basically a stupid ad for Lebron James.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

N. Senada posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

N. Senada posted:

I love this story
https://twitter.com/iD4RO/status/1199081450831851520?s=20&t=RFkaw5755OEEay8cy3WU2w

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The first time I seen Robocop was on BBC2. They had it censored to "Ladies, leave!"

There was more censorship too. I heard the word 'Airhead' when it was clear the actor was mouthing 'rear end in a top hat'.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That 2700000AD Show

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There’s still nothing in that new trailer that makes me think it’s the ‘90s. Like I said previously, the granddaughter wears a Clarissa Explains It All dress in one scene, and then…………???

Oh right, Sheryl Crow was mentioned. Doy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

mojo1701a posted:

As president of the United Federation of Planets, he probably had access to some of the best medical care this side of the Neutral Zone.
He doesn't even need that, he can just use his Krenim timeship.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

kntfkr posted:

Honestly I feel like That 70s show is the funniest sitcom , the ending sucks tho but it's funnier than friends, how I met your mother etc....& the character development of Kelso when he was going to become a father was OUTSTANDING & HEARTWARMING to watch🥺❤. The scene where he goes to pick up Brooke on a cycle was soo cuteee........The ending didn't do justice to how great this show was. That 70s show > Any other sitcom.

Seinfeld

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Seinfeld is the 90s show I guess

Hope there’s a scene where they’re cracking up at Kramer and say, “now there’s a guy who would never say the n-word”

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

N. Senada posted:

I want to work my way up to manager at Disney World so I can run a character meeting and end it by saying “Stitches leave.”

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Looks win on my end.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Bad Purchase posted:

i really hope this show is a smash success and runs the full decade and into the 2000s so we can see them all experience 9/11

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It happens while they're stoned in the basement and they use the circle cam and they dont cut the laugh track.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
weed is a 70s drug they should be in a circle doing ecstasy and heroin, maybe LSD or something that seems more 90s

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
kinda fun that this show is a double anachronism, both in that it's about the 90s and also that this whole kind of multi-cam sitcom with a laugh track kinda died out when Charlie Sheen went bonkers. hell they don't even do the Big Bang Theory anymore.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's not very good it's like some weird combo of some Disney channel comedy but also a bunch of jokes/references targeted to people who watched the original show being performed by kids who weren't born yet when it was airing

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
man the 90s weren’t even that great

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
i hope in the finale they die in 9/11

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Bargearse posted:

man the 90s weren’t even that great

Wayne's World and Super Mario World, go gently caress yourself.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Time to dust off my Lewinsky material and submit my packet to the producers

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I watched all 10 episodes because I loved That 70s Show and I wanted this to be good.

It was not good.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Nary a Simpsons t-shirt or B.U.M sweatshirt in sight. Didn't see any Swatches either.

Epic Netflix fail

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Did anyone ever draw the cool S?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I have bad news about the original run of the show op

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Trashy teen sitcoms were just better when I was a teenager. Why isn't teen media good now that I'm in my mid 30s?

Must be loving netflix ruining things again

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
See also: the entirety of the Simpsons thread

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I enjoyed it enough to watch 10 episodes.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The 90s show should start in 1991 at the start of the school year with a group of high school freshmen and everyone is dressed up in 80s metal band shirts and NKOTB stuff.

One of their friends arrives, shaken, looking 'different'.

"It's Monday! You wear Megadeth shirts on Mondays! You're all dressed up like you're Brawny man just getting out of bed!"
"I saw something last night. I was watching 120 Minutes on MTV before I went to..."
"That's for ****** and ****** and **********! What were you watching that for? You got a crush on The Cure?"
"Damnit, listen! There was band called Nirvana. They had a song called "Smells Like Teen Spirit", it's..."
"Sound like a bunch of perverts... What's so--"

Suddenly someone turns on the MTV and the video starts playing for the song and all of them have their eyes glaze over.

After the cut to the next day, they're all sitting around wearing flannel and REM shirts.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

JediTalentAgent posted:

The 90s show should start in 1991 at the start of the school year with a group of high school freshmen and everyone is dressed up in 80s metal band shirts and NKOTB stuff.

"It's Monday! You wear Megadeth shirts on Mondays! You're all dressed up like you're Brawny man just getting out of bed!"
"I saw something last night. I was watching 120 Minutes on MTV before I went to..."
"That's for ****** and ****** and **********! What were you watching that for? You got a crush on The Cure?"
"Damnit, listen! There was band called Nirvana. They had a song called "Smells Like Teen Spirit", it's..."

Suddenly someone turns on the MTV and the video starts playing for the song and all of them have their eyes glaze over.

After the cut to the next day, they're all sitting around wearing flannel and REM shirts.

Too real

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Beartaco posted:

See also: the entirety of the Simpsons thread

idk I still watch classic Simpsons now and then and they're still very funny

That 70s Show was corny and really hacky at times but it did kinda capture the essence of teenage boredom and anxiety. though I guess a lot of the appeal was that the actors were all pretty funny and it was clear that some of them were on their way to becoming major stars. idk if I feel that with the new cast. anyway we watched the first 2 episodes, they were okay and kinda cute. bothered a bit by the scene where they're like "oh we found this old baggie from my Dad" - for one 20 year old weed would probably combust on sight. for two there is zero chance that the old crew would've just left it down there, if there's one thing dopey teens are good at it's knowing where the weed is at all times. for three how the hell did Red & Kitty never smell it down there?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

JediTalentAgent posted:

I remember it like it was yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
The series finale takes place on 4/20 1999

The kids decide to skip school and get high all day hiding in the basement

They are stoned watching TV when a news alert comes in about gunfire at the school