Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Now we need a Malcolm in the Midlife, where it's an adult Malcolm who is dealing with a lovely life after being a prodigy where he's found himself now the dumbest person in the room compared to kids half his age. Meanwhile, his kids are all prodigies and he's struggling to find ways to keep them humbled and thinking they're normal so they don't follow in his footsteps.
If you dig into the history of that one it looks like there might have been some ultra-dark but very hard to substantiate poo poo going on with the three boys that makes a reunion much harder, although I'm dead sure lots of people have given it a go and with Cranston's second career wind winding down we're about at the window for that to either happen or not.

neato burrito posted:

I just finished the first two episodes. It's cheesy but not terrible. Maybe I just have bad taste.
It's That 70s Show, so nothing sacred was getting desecrated.

I watched the Ashton Kutcher/Mila Kunis cameo on YT because they're the only ones who seemed to genuinely enjoy their time on the show and their obvious joy at reprising their characters for one scene is pretty rare and infectious.

Everything else is a nope from me.

mysterious frankie posted:

I saw the first episode. None of those child actors have the future B to D list celebrity charisma I expect from a That 70s Show follow up, but they have exactly the sort of anti-charisma I’d expect from a Netflix sitcom.
The young stars of today/tomorrow are like plants on a spaceship-- they do the job and the nutritional content is as-good or even better, but you can't help but taste that it's all hydroponics that have only ever seen the sun through plates of UV and lead filtering and not an open-air Earth atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nooner posted:

Remember that time they smoked weed

That's what they were doing?!