Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I just found out what Boris calls his dingle dangle

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"within minutes" lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Excellent, so they can just use existing AML laws to prevent them taking any of their stuff out of the country with them, unilaterally remove their citizenship, and then send the SAS to disguise themselves as local police and shoot them 26 times in public if they complain about it, right?

Or are none of those options not available for some reason?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

According to John Crace
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/27/brexit-done-northern-ireland-protocol-sunak

Apparently this is part of the NI deal. If so, it does seem rather good & congrats to whoever actually thought it up.

(I mean in the context of getting the wretched thing through and hopefully with the Brexit Benefit of completely & utterly sidelining the vile DePfeffel.)

(Disclaimer: I haven't read the protocol details because getting up early on a Monday to go in to work for a full day on 3 hours sleep does me in completely. And also I would far rather we had never had the brexit in the first place & this is just fixing a tiny part of what they broke in the first place).

I'm not sure that this new protocol is as robust as people think.
If the requirement is just 30 MLP's from two different parties (and not "one Unionist Party, One Nationalist Party") then you just need 29 DUP nutters and one independent nutter to try and stop the whole thing.
(Or possibly 30 DUP nutters. And one is prepared to leave the party, declare themselves independent so they have the numbers and then rejoin afterwards.)

What will probably happen is the DUP will just refuse to recall the Assembly and they will let EU legislation be introduced, all while complaining that they want to stop all this Burrsles madness, if only the Free State bastards would have the decency to just quietly die off and not take seats in Stormount.

Still, let's see how farcical this red lane/green lane stuff works out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The DUP only have 25 members in the assembly. While there's 9 UUP members they're unlikely to sign up to the DUP's frothing bullshit. There's three other unionists including one TradUnionist who seems fashy enough to sign on, but even then that's 26.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1630418409287499776

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

How come the NI deal is suddenly being called the 'Windsor Framework'?

It's as though King Bigears, who was forced to meet with the head of the EU by No.10 when she visited, is being set up as the fall guy when the NI protocol eventually collapses in a cloud of 'troubles'.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pakistan has right to be a 3rd gender written into law!

quote:

In 2019, Pakistani Parliament passed “Transgender Person (Protection of Rights) Act 2018,” empowering all Pakistanis to self-identify as male, female, both or neither. They may express their gender according to their preferences, and they may have their gender identity of choice reflected on their documents, “including National Identification Cards, passports, driver’s licenses and education certificates.” The Act ensures transgender people’s “fundamental rights to inheritance, education, employment, vote, hold public office, health, assembly, and access to public spaces and property. It confirms that they enjoy all the rights that the nation’s constitution grants to its citizens.”

The act defines “transgender person” as someone with a “mixture of male and female genital features or congenital ambiguities,” or, a male who “undergoes genital excision or castration,” or, more broadly, “any person whose gender identity and/or gender expression differs from the social norms and cultural expectations based on the sex they were assigned at the time of their birth,” which allows people to self-identify themselves as such. They are guaranteed the right to inherit, assets and to run for public offices.

Discrimination based on gender identity in employment and public accommodations is forbidden under the new law. The Government is assigned to provide medical and psychological assistance, small business loans and vocational training to them.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/648617/challenges-to-being-the-third-gender-in-pakistan/

Not saying it's easy for trans or 3rd gender people in Pakistan - I don't know enough about it.

I do find it odd though that the anti-trans lobby seek to define women purely by genitalia and reproductive capacity which is exactly what the taliban do.

If I were asked the question 'what is a woman' I would respond 'whatever she wants to be'.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If I were asked the question 'what is a woman' I would respond 'whatever she wants to be'.
I think if somebody asked me this I’d instinctively respond “oh gently caress off”, since I’ve only ever seen it asked in a leading / insincere way by TERF bigots.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A featherless biped.

Bad faith questions deserve bad category responses.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

"A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Necrothatcher posted:

"A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

lol, i wanted to but i feared it'd fly over peoples heads

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

lol, i wanted to but i feared it'd fly over peoples heads

It flew over my head and sank its fangs into my neck.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Guardian has an article in which one of their writers experiments with veganism (https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/feb/27/my-body-resists-veganism-whats-the-most-ethical-alternative)

"I allowed myself two eggs each day, and some minor deviations (I didn’t worry if I was given butter for my toast, didn’t query the details of Thai sauces and stayed with my usual fish oil tablets)."

lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

That'll be Keith having to wank them off 300% harder, then

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The cutesy Guardian articles where they regale us with the wacky details of their quirky middle-class journalist lives are the loving worst.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Necrothatcher posted:

The Guardian has an article in which one of their writers experiments with veganism (https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/feb/27/my-body-resists-veganism-whats-the-most-ethical-alternative)

"I allowed myself two eggs each day, and some minor deviations (I didn’t worry if I was given butter for my toast, didn’t query the details of Thai sauces and stayed with my usual fish oil tablets)."

lol

Gelato isn't vegan??

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Imagine having so little willpower you can't even maintain a vegan diet for a poxy article. Or just lie about it. Wouldn't be me

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Guardian journalist chomping down on a breakfast of scrambled eggs on buttered toast: "drat, being vegan is hard".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sinky posted:

Gelato isn't vegan??

It's made from milk, cream & butterfat. Are you confusing gelato with sorbet?

I saw that article headline and felt "that'll be garbage" now I've read it and know I was right. That has to be one of the most self indulgent and long-winded the Guardian have published, and that covers a lot of ground: poo poo, another article today is headlined "My husband predicts a general election this year – and he’s always right"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1630181545674694657?s=20

lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Need more Chiles columns on exciting new ways to piss and poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"It's coz they got rid of the TERFs" writes cancelled writer Suzanne Moore in her Telegraph column

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Necrothatcher posted:

lol

Nothing that Orwell didn't do in Down and Out in Paris and London.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

forkboy84 posted:

It's made from milk, cream & butterfat. Are you confusing gelato with sorbet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpCZ8g5uK8

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

How come the NI deal is suddenly being called the 'Windsor Framework'?

It's as though King Bigears, who was forced to meet with the head of the EU by No.10 when she visited, is being set up as the fall guy when the NI protocol eventually collapses in a cloud of 'troubles'.

That might be the case. But I also think it's because Rishi honestly thought "How can I placate the DUP? I know, they love the Crown. So if I put the King's name on this deal, they'll have to love it."

I also don't fully understand the reluctance to just hold another election in NI. Sure the numbers are unlikely to change much, but it seems a far more likely way to bring about a Parliament that will be able to meet as opposed to the current method of "now maybe this time the DUP will finally agree to actual do the job for which they are receiving a massive salary for."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/beauvoirbaddie/status/1629232399526596614?t=t0aC-Ze1-BlQBMNxJPONYA&s=19

Good morning from performative nonsense island.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Don’t threaten me with a good time

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sweet zombie jesus, just let me feed the tories the guillotine. :guillotine:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

https://i.imgur.com/ir9eGHc.mp4

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I'm not sure that small self-care brand has much influence on NHS funding sadly. Like really this just feels a bit like bullying some poor person who's started a wee hustle in self-care products?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

serotonin lootboxes? the blade runner future sucks!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Self harm risk with the keyring, ligature risk with the scrunchie, unsuitable for eating disorders with the tea and chocolate. This is a piss poor care package for a 3 month break up never mind actual mental health issues.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I can’t tell if everyone’s joking or you actually think these are meant for when someone’s having an acute mental health crisis

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jakabite posted:

I'm not sure that small self-care brand has much influence on NHS funding sadly. Like really this just feels a bit like bullying some poor person who's started a wee hustle in self-care products?

https://twitter.com/beauvoirbaddie/status/1630189924497408001?s=19

We need to bully these people. Don't be wandering into the middle of a poo poo show and ask people if they've tried paying £13.50 for £3 worth of tat.

Jakabite posted:

I can’t tell if everyone’s joking or you actually think these are meant for when someone’s having an acute mental health crisis

Aye and naw. Of course these things arent meant for actual mental health issues but isn't that the point? Charging silly prices for terrible care packages and calling it mental health in the middle of a mental health crisis that's seeing people leave working in mental health care in droves?

It just hits all the buttons, petty cash grab, shite product and a condescending approach that leaves you hollow and feeling like you're fighting a battle nobody understands or particularly cares about beyond making sure it doesn't come into their line of sight.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 28, 2023

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The American company I work for did a charity drive where they ordered a bunch of similar boxes and shipped one out to everyone who volunteered.

They paid about $40 per box for what was a pack of crayons, a little notebook and some other tat that would barely have come to $5. This was during lockdown so they had to ship them out to people's home addresses from California to Ireland, so that people could write a "life ain't so bad" nothing to some anonymous American kids with mental health issues, and then ship them all back to California.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

I'm mainly surprised that the Manchester Evening News apparently reaches an audience of 18 million people.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/beauvoirbaddie/status/1630189924497408001?s=19

We need to bully these people. Don't be wandering into the middle of a poo poo show and ask people if they've tried paying £13.50 for £3 worth of tat.
Grindset mentality is a loving disease, I can guarantee that the idiot behind this business is congratulating herself on what a good person she is, while massively marking up the cost of the items for personal profit.

If the boxes actually help with mental health, start a charity and give them away for free. If they don't, and the entire business model revolves around pretending they do to get vulnerable and disproportionately impoverished people to spend money on them, maybe they could ask themself if it's a bad business to be running?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm mainly surprised that the Manchester Evening News apparently reaches an audience of 18 million people.

the original guardian fyi

(not really but historically the guardian was manc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Grindset mentality is a loving disease, I can guarantee that the idiot behind this business is congratulating herself on what a good person she is, while massively marking up the cost of the items for personal profit.

:capitalism: