Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

cat botherer posted:

Good luck with that winter! I'll be pulling for all you guys over here, sitting in my warm hydropower-heated house watching the snow fall.

Thanks comrade. I haven't felt warm all day but glad you're having a nice time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh heck I hope that doesn't happen mate. Sorry I was snippy. I've got a monster headache.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

gently caress yeah, maximise just enjoying the things you like and not minding if people who know more tease you about it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

crispix posted:

why gordon brown ringing people at 11pm to shout at them

I mean it's the most logical thing he could be doing. If I were Gordon Brown and had been done dirty like that I'd be ringing people all the time to shout at them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I get my cat's attention by going SIMBA FOR gently caress'S SAKE while she is inevitably yowling her head off at 3am because her heat pad's timer went off and it's cold now. That doesn't work though. What works is if I hiss really loudly. So basically I hope the neighbours can't hear me because I sound like a furious vampire.

She does often look into the camera while I'm trying to take pictures though. Selfie cat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah coughs can last for weeks on end even if nothing much is wrong.

An unreliable but possible way of getting to see another doctor is to call 111 and tell them everything and tell them your own GP can't see you. You *might* be able to get an out-of-hours appointment with a GP. Maybe.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

A few years ago I had a case of cellulitis and while taking antibiotics, I developed a dry cough that didn't go away for twelve weeks. I'd wake up feeling that my throat was closed. The first night I slept all the way through till morning I woke up and cried because of how good it felt. That was rough. I did see a doctor about it the first time I woke up unable to breathe, and she checked my chest and said basically everything's fine, it's just one of those things. Possibly a reaction to the penicillin. I didn't stop taking it though because I drat-near had to go to hospital.

anyway yeah coughs are awful, I had to sleep sitting up for months

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

We've got our usual lights. It's not a lot but it's still there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Camrath posted:

Well poo poo. Just got told that a medicine I need to take twice daily is ‘out of stock nationwide’ due to ‘supply issues’. I have about three days supply left.

This going to loving suck

There are a lot of supply issues right now. Today we're out of liquid penicillin. You know, like kids might need, for strep A infections.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

In terms of why there's a shortage of any given medication -- pharmacies do not get this information as a rule. But the supply chains are just as fragile as every other industry with just as little flex, so a small increase in usage will lead to sudden shortages. And increasing the supply of drugs at the manufacturing end takes months or years.

We've seen a lot of antibiotic scripts and there's no increase in supply possible so now there aren't any. It sucks and I cried at work because I am tired of being shouted at. It is not my fault, people. I'm on a tenner an hour. I just work here.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Camrath posted:

So I got back the results of a sleep study I did in august (referred this time last year) and apparently I have ‘very severe’ sleep apnea- I stop breathing over 70 times an hour while sleeping. They’re fitting me with a cpap system asap (so probably next June at this rate..)- anyone got any input on how they are to wear, what sort of changes I should expect etc?

And on the topic of feline mental health, we are convinced that Digby our Maine coon is autistic. He can’t seem to ‘speak’ cat, he adores repetitive actions (he was thwacking a cardboard flap for half an hour last night), he’s very emotionally ’extra’. I mean, it really is as if he’s my feline offspring- over bred, blond, autistic, super hairy, suffers from IBS…

My boyfriend uses a CPAP, he's a goon so I could get him to drop you a PM if you want

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Everyone should post. This thread is good-hearted and generous and kind. This is a thread of solidarity. We care about each other here. Just say stuff, it doesn't have to be very insightful or earth-shattering. Like, just talk, if you want.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lurkeres eunt domus

posters delenda sunt

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My mum knitted me a very long dog and it is perfect for lying along a door.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Not so, I'm block D and I'd lose my Sunday evening, how dare they

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

mrpwase posted:

Thought you lot might appreciate my Christmas cross stitch project

fa la la la la la la la la

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

lmao our customers are all over facebook saying I'm rude and awful and the place is going downhill and I grabbed their child's arm (wtf) and the instigator is someone I *know* I was pleasant to, this is great, why the gently caress do I go to work. And why did anyone think I needed to see this poo poo? gently caress off with your screenshots, this is why I don't have facebook in the first place.

People think 'rude' is anything that isn't 'yes of course I will do exactly what you want right now'.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

you serve customers faithfully for 10 years but you suplex ONE child and suddenly you're a monster

I've got no goddamn idea what she's even *talking* about. The only time I would ever catch at a child is if they were running behind the counter. Guess I'll let the next one through to fill their pockets with drugs lmao

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Ah that's right, you're a pharmacist. I can understand that people who are desperate for medications are at the end of their rope but it's not like you're the one who made them sick.

If anything you're helping them be the opposite.

I'm not alas but I do work in a pharmacy. Yeah, the antibiotic shortage lately has led to some really fun interactions.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Only Kindness posted:

Surely

In a pharmacy

In one of the most surveilled countries on earth

There's CCTV footage to prove that whatever-it-was didn't happen

Surely

lmao security features? Those cost money!

It's just a bunch of facebook gossips having their fun. I have made it clear to the person who showed me screenshots that I never, ever want to know about any of that poo poo again. If they complain to the company I will deal with it. If they're just enjoying their bitch session on facebook, I don't wanna know. I have enough trouble working out what the gently caress people think 'rude' is without this poo poo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Nobody would judge you if you dived off the counter and hurricanrana'd the next customer into the laxative display.

thank you friend

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lady Demelza posted:

Customers are very strange sometimes, we once had someone march in to rate us 'very unsatisfactory' in our customer survey, and then leave immediately. The absolute kicker was that they asked for a pen, was given one, and then used it to say that staff were unhelpful.

I'm sorry that people are being unpleasant, Hopper, and hope your managers are supportive!

My direct manager, the pharmacist, is wonderful. Every level above him might as well be staffed by a brick wall. We've been told not to raise complaints about staffing levels any more. I am going to write to my union. ...it's only Unite but eh.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

seeing actual real world journalists mention Something Awful as an example of quasi-competent moderation has been a trip, ngl

I mean it's obviously nonsense look at the idiots they give mod stars to

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah so none of your nonsense! Look out! My reign of terror has begun!

Maybe this is why customers think I'm rude

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lady Demelza posted:

Actual real world journalists know about Something Awful??

In an unrelated matter, do the cold and flu pills that dry up all your snot also work on the lungs? Because I'm crackling when I breathe and would really like my lungs to slow down the fluid production.

Ehhhh not really?

Try breathing some steam, I know it's old-fashioned but ideally you wanna thin that stuff out and make it more liquid so you can easily cough it up. Also breathing steam just feels nice. Please don't boil your nose.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

how does that kill you? Does your dick stab up inside like a knife?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

if the penis becomes too small then your sex power runs out and you just immediately die. It's like running out of hit points.

Being AMAB sounds very difficult!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Whenever I read one of those godawful Scrooge takes I feel the need to mutter 'are there no prisons? are there no workhouses?' to myself for a while to try to soothe my incandescent rage

I loving love A Christmas Carol and I'm not sure most of these fuckers have even read it

e: ugh awful snipe, quick goon, post your video again

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Only Kindness posted:

Not a defence of Bladdybub and his weaponised :airquote: antisemitism :airquote:, selective racism [denial] and all the eyerolling rest ad loving extreme nauseam, but that's clearly an ironic self-deprecating joke, marvelling to himself and joshing with a showbiz chum at how crap he is. It's not the bubble popping. He already knows.

We don't kick Vicky for the bike-riding thing. Point is, we also don't kick penguins for their inability to fly, cos they're good at what they are supposed to do.

Bluddyburp isn't good at what he's supposed to do.

Let's not just make fun of someone's non-Anglo name, eh?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Merry Christmas, friends.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You know Christmas is good when you’re knocking back the red wine and discussing warhammer painting techniques with your sisters partners father.

Merry Christmas everybody, hope you’re having a great time all of you.

My sister got me a box of Citadel skulls for basing purposes and she has no idea what she's bought me but she got it anyway :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I hope you are going to make one of those miniature houses you were making but fill it with skulls.

You know what, I wasn't *going* to but this is intriguing

I am very bad at painting minis because of my eyes and my hands and my general wild impatience but I did paint a stupid orc yesterday that amused me very much.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I splashed out this year and got the Wildspire box of 'heroes and monsters' and then my boyfriend, bless him, got me their townsfolk box for Christmas. That's where Keg Orc comes from, and Goblins in a Trenchcoat. They also have Cat King and Guy Just Hanging Around and Armoured Badger. At the rate I go these will last a good long while.

I do also have a box of Skaven around. I love Skaven.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Watch It Burn posted:

Happy Christmas to all you lot celebrating that!

I spent the day at my parents and it was wonderful. At lunch we all had our own hand made labels to indicate who sits where and mine had my new name on it. I’ve only recently started living as a woman and that tiny bit of acceptance has made it an amazing Christmas.

Hope you all had a great day.

Aw congrats! That's fantastic.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The Miniatures Painting thread in TG is extremely chill and supportive for anyone painting tiny men btw

It's true! They are very nice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Skeletome posted:

Maybe I should post more instead of lurking this thread for 3 more years!

Um...terfs are angry because H from steps downloaded a blocklist which had a load of terfs. that's the hot news of the day.

Lmao really? They care passionately about the opinion of H from Steps? That's amazing

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nah she's great and as a lady with autism she is my hero

Mark from the Chase is a proper dickhead though apparently

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My sister's little girl loves Minecraft and Slime Rancher more than anything. She uses Minecraft only to collect cats.

One time they gave her the controller during a game of PUBG and she ran into a house and asked how she could do the washing up that was in the sink.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Also we were playing Baby's First Monopoly and she leaned over and whispered 'If Uncle Roger runs out of money, I want to give him some of mine' so she's doing great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

happyhippy posted:

The LEGO series looks to be good for young kids to mess about with.
Humble Bundle was selling nine for like 10 quid recently, so thought why not and got it.

Lego City Undercover is great, even though about cops.

My favourite though is Lego DC Super Villains. It's loving great and I think kids would love it because you are playing the baddies, but like, kid-friendly, misbehaving versions of baddies. I just enjoy that I can be the Reverse Flash (best of all baddies) and gently caress up Gotham City.